MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Yeah we are starting this process for Market/Meat/Produce/Dairy in April.... our ETL Log talked about it in the logistic huddle..... called every logistic department. He said the new team will be in charge of pushing the truck, pulling and pushing autofills and cafs, backstocking, Instocks/ Research, Price Changes, and also Revisions/Planogram (if they are not big).... he said the hours are going to come from all the logistic work centers so expect less hours if u dont want to be part of that team...it is also suppose to be a team of eleven team members and also a new TL position... also to be part of that team u need to have open availability and no write ups.... but honestly im kinda wondering what will happen to our Produce TL and Market TL
Well...Good Luck is all I can say! Market itself is a beast to keep it zoned let alone filled. So to add Price changes, Revisions/Planogram is going to be a huge hurdle to leap over. All those reponsibilities will take an army of highly trained team members. Any Market Revisions/Planograms are always "big." Spot better get going with training because I am not saying it can't be done just that it will take time. Is Spot patient for TM's to be re-trained? Is Spot OK with tasks not getting done because you also need to include "Helping Guests." Guest come first has been the 1st priority before anything else, so again I ask, "Is Spot ok with being patient when tasks are not done, because re-training and routines need to be established and because TM's were helping guests?"

Because Spot's corporate culture punishes giving anything but positive feedback about a pilot or change. All problems are simply lied about or covered up when it's being checked.
We’ve been doing it for months. We all love it at our store. And our nearby stores feel the same.

Because Spot's corporate culture punishes giving anything but positive feedback about a pilot or change. All problems are simply lied about or covered up when it's being checked.

That’s exactly why companies go under. Problems can be denied or covered up for a period of time, but eventually critical mass is reached and it all blows up in their faces. By that time it’s often too late to save the company. See J.C. Penney...🙄😱

I regret that I can only have one up vote/like etc to this comment. I now submit a request for the ability to smash the Thumbs Up/Like button a million and one times.

What flavor koolaid yall drinkin? Maybe if my store starts that flavor our store will magically stop being a complete crap show :/
I've got pictures to prove the OSHA, L&I and Fire Safety violations as does AP because cameras and all that. does any one do anything about it? Yes, they did say something about all the hazards and they now have 15 hours this week and next.

Keep in mind, we now also have U-Boats,
That’s exactly why companies go under. Problems can be denied or covered up for a period of time, but eventually critical mass is reached and it all blows up in their faces. By that time it’s often too late to save the company. See J.C. Penney...🙄😱

Unless they are trying to build a system (With their own money), that makes us extremely enticing to buyout. (My own theory, on Spot losing it's mind over the past 3 years). Look at your SFS, with certain colored glasses you can plainly see Target saying, "Amazon, please buy us, if you do, we can give you 1800 new Locus, with thousands of employee's trained on our own Payroll Budget.) Not to mention, "Target, Amazon", would be the most ballsy, capitalist name/merger, in recent memory.

Dear spot,
Why, why, why could you not have just told everyone what your end game is with modernization? Just like you did with the minimum, you could have said by the end of 2017 we expect this and this to be in play. By 1st Quarter 2019 we will implement this and that, with our endgame being such and such by 2020. When things needed to be tweaked you could have told everyone that as well. For pete's sake you make posters for everything else under the sun why not posters explaining the end game of modernization and what to expect each quarter? Did you think we wouldn't care it our job we have had for yrs is eliminated? Do you think we are too stupid to understand the endgame? Do you want to turn us all over for blind followers? Do you think store level employees could care less about the direction the company is headed? Or is your end game spit, polish and sell?
That information is out there, but no one is sharing with anyone under STL, and in some districts I don’t even think the DTL is sharing it. I’ve seen some documents that outline the changes, but they’re all very broad. They don’t mention any processes specifically but just very general “training, guest focus, fulfillment, etc.”

Keep in mind, we now also have U-Boats,

Unless they are trying to build a system (With their own money), that makes us extremely enticing to buyout. (My own theory, on Spot losing it's mind over the past 3 years). Look at your SFS, with certain colored glasses you can plainly see Target saying, "Amazon, please buy us, if you do, we can give you 1800 new Locus, with thousands of employee's trained on our own Payroll Budget.) Not to mention, "Target, Amazon", would be the most ballsy, capitalist name/merger, in recent memory.
Tarzon

Dear spot,
Why, why, why could you not have just told everyone what your end game is with modernization? Just like you did with the minimum, you could have said by the end of 2017 we expect this and this to be in play. By 1st Quarter 2019 we will implement this and that, with our endgame being such and such by 2020. When things needed to be tweaked you could have told everyone that as well. For pete's sake you make posters for everything else under the sun why not posters explaining the end game of modernization and what to expect each quarter? Did you think we wouldn't care it our job we have had for yrs is eliminated? Do you think we are too stupid to understand the endgame? Do you want to turn us all over for blind followers? Do you think store level employees could care less about the direction the company is headed? Or is your end game spit, polish and sell?

They are dribbling out the information so that they can utilize what they have now. With the expectation that this rolls out nationwide in the first quarter 2019, they need to be able to get through 4th quarter 2018 strong. Use the longtime team members that can work with little supervision. Use them as the work horses while they groom the new robots.Does anyone here really think that this is going to be nirvana? Hours in Feb through April are notoriously low. There is not going to be a fairy sprinkling hours everywhere. Do anyone really think that they are going to staff the same amount of hours at $15 per hour? Hell no. The front ends currently have 1 cashier for 8 self checkouts and maybe 2 more. We used to have a total of 5 during the same time frame. Modernization= less human labor costs. Soon there will be only a handful who qualify for benefits. Benefits are expensive and only a few will get those. My guess is that once they have teams in designated areas, extra leads will soon be gone. Once the teams get really good at focusing in one department they can have 1 lead over 2 areas. Funny thing about conference calls (on speaker phone) and conversations held in the STLs office, everyone can hear them because the walls are paper thin. If you have been at Target over 10 years, are over 40 years old are overweight or smoke, you will be made to disappear. They won't outright fire you. They will sabotage your work center, making it as difficult as possible to do your job. Like I have said yes this process has the potential to succeed, but there is a cost. There is an endgame here. Its right in front of our faces. Pay attention! Protect yourself.

If you have been at Target over 10 years, are over 40 years old are overweight or smoke, you will be made to disappear. They won't outright fire you. They will sabotage your work center, making it as difficult as possible to do your job. Like I have said yes this process has the potential to succeed, but there is a cost. There is an endgame here. Its right in front of our faces. Pay attention! Protect yourself.

well that is all the people that can work independently at my store. so good luck to whoever is left.

It's funny if this is true considering most of the good workers are over 40. It's the new talent that is horrible. Increasing wage has only made our new hires worse. No work history, no social skills and no work ethic.
No training. When I was hired a hundred years ago training was a priority. Learning plans were followed closely, my team lead audited my work, cashier training was a requirement for EVERY team member (I started on the flow team. We all knew how to cashier. The backroom tm's were cashier trained, too.), we were trained to use the equipment in the backroom including the crown stacker, WAVE, and baler (including how to make a bale). The new tm's I now work with may have received a total of 20 minutes of training. They can't read a schematic, they have no idea what "capacity" means, they can't cashier, and they're all too young to use the baler. Social skills are awful. I will very rarely see them approach a guest and to hear them on the telephone if they ever answer a call is close to painful with how unprofessional they are.

No training. When I was hired a hundred years ago training was a priority. Learning plans were followed closely, my team lead audited my work, cashier training was a requirement for EVERY team member (I started on the flow team. We all knew how to cashier. The backroom tm's were cashier trained, too.), we were trained to use the equipment in the backroom including the crown stacker, WAVE, and baler (including how to make a bale). The new tm's I now work with may have received a total of 20 minutes of training. They can't read a schematic, they have no idea what "capacity" means, they can't cashier, and they're all too young to use the baler. Social skills are awful. I will very rarely see them approach a guest and to hear them on the telephone if they ever answer a call is close to painful with how unprofessional they are.
You know what is sad? Up on our mentors wall, we have a pic of 8 tms that are 'considered' mentors in their work stations. Only 2 (one who I trained personally while on bench) are actually worthy. The rest are clueless and fake it.

My STL the other day took our new Tm and “So I know you trained with soso on Tuesday and soso yesterday, that’s all the training you get.”

Just too much information to take in when one has to figure out basics of where product is on the sales floor. 😒

Back