Archived Fellow GSA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbree

What do your schedules look like after the 22nd are you still getting GSA shifts?

I just pulled up the newest schedule for my store and I still have GSA shifts until 5/4 (end of newest schedule). I did read an email from our DTL that said that we didn’t have to be on board with modernization until 5/22, however

GSAs are expected be sco alot more in my store so they are available to help the cashiers on the lanes

yes, but honestly it seems like it’s going to be completely impossible at a two story store to get rid of us completely.

i’m sure they will, but it will be a shit show most of the time. i close by myself now and i do like 30,000 steps and climb 16 floors because i am constantly being called to lower then to upper then guest service then electronics then back upper. it’s exhausting and the gstls need help.

Still have GSA shifts (one where I close by myself). It will be difficult to get rid of me and the others completely as we are a super high volume store and SCOs can’t be left unattended to help the cashiers on the registers, scammers and shoplifters will have a field day and people will get pissed when they have to wait when their lights blink red.

I was also told training everyone to open and close registers or do guest service won’t be happening, the GSTLs are like NOPE I DONT TRUST JUST ANYONE TO DO IT.

I was also told training everyone to open and close registers or do guest service won’t be happening, the GSTLs are like NOPE I DONT TRUST JUST ANYONE TO DO IT.
This. Why give more people access to all that money? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

With guest service, we are making sure everyone knows the absolute bare minimum and if people start taking an interest and show potential they’ll get more than that. We’re just too high volume and high risk to change everything up like that.

I’m the only GSA left (the other two quit). Two of our GSTLs were generally awful to the others. (They’re awful to each other. Our third GSTL is good, but I rarely get to work with her.) If the dynamic duo of awful thinks I’ll be their new scratching post, they have another thought coming. I have no problem with going over their heads.

I want to get on with it. I hope my GSA-heavy next two weeks means I’m training people. I took this on again to help them out of an LoA jam and was about to step down when this news came down the pipeline. Might be an unpopular opinion, but I can’t put a price on my mental health.

But if GSAs aren't a thing anymore why are you guys still being scheduled as such?
Op model is being rolled out at different times in different stores. It doesn’t go into effect until 5/22 at my store

But if GSAs aren't a thing anymore why are you guys still being scheduled as such?
I said the other day to my GE and GSTL, “It’s not like I even have a position anymore.” And they both looked at me like ?????

As far as I know, they are keeping us as is for the mean time and just not implementing any new GSAs. Although we all know communication is so great, so they could just completely change everything by my next shift.

Did anybody hear anything at your stores today? It's the 22nd

We were told yesterday that all cashiers will need to be trained in all areas except morning cash office, they will also need to know how to close the registers at night and do the deposit. We had a few questions like 1. Who will get change if needed 2. How will they decide on a nightly basic who close's and does the deposit. They had no idea. Also that May will be training month and June will start the new process. None of the GSA's were given the new GSTL positions which was pretty shitty.

There was only 1 GSA that could have done the new GSTL position and they overlooked her, she applied for it and they didnt even interview her! I dont understand the logic behind this new direction, seems like they dont want to give anyone more than the 30 hours needed for insurance. I am 60 and will be retiring in a few years and cant wait to get out of target, they act like paying us a decent wage is going to bankrupt the company.

There was only 1 GSA that could have done the new GSTL position and they overlooked her, she applied for it and they didnt even interview her! I dont understand the logic behind this new direction, seems like they dont want to give anyone more than the 30 hours needed for insurance. I am 60 and will be retiring in a few years and cant wait to get out of target, they act like paying us a decent wage is going to bankrupt the company.
Unfortunately your store probably already had people “on the bench” so unless that GSA was on the bench that could have been why she got passed over

I’m just really sick of all this shit if I’m being honest. My leader gave me a huge checklist of things that everyone needs to be trained on, which includes guest service. I asked if we are able to get any extra hours for GS training everyone and that was a no... that it will be “on the spot” training. What a joke, I already have GS people who can’t really do their jobs properly due to half-assed training and now we’re getting even less time to “train” every cashier on guest service. Why do I have to do this, either, if I’m a cashier now 😒😒 it’s just really frustrating, I keep getting asked how my progress is going with the training when I have a million things dumped on me including tasking which we’re technically not supposed to do anymore but I’m still doing it because no one else has taken ownership of it yet and everything is going to the wayside.

It’s just a weird and stupid transitory time and I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back