Archived Fellow GSA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious, did anybody's stores GSA's get a team lead position?

Curious, did anybody's stores GSA's get a team lead position?
Nah, my GSTL asked me if I was interested and told me to go for it, but I’m not really interested. Other GSA applied, but the gave the position to someone else without even interviewing that GSA.

None of the ones at my store did, they had the 2 people in mind already and even lied to one of the GSA about them hiring.

Anyone still getting GSTL - GSA shifts into June?

Anyone still getting GSTL - GSA shifts into June?
me! they did finally take away the closing shift for my gstls (or sels... whatever) during the weekdays though. it’s a very late mid for them though, so not too different. i’m interested to see if my GSA shifts continue and for how long.

me! they did finally take away the closing shift for my gstls (or sels... whatever) during the weekdays though. it’s a very late mid for them though, so not too different. i’m interested to see if my GSA shifts continue and for how long.
I have closing GSA the whole week -___-

Our HR is the worst at being late on scheduling, so I don't know. I have my new schedule and after working six days straight (many of them as GSA), I have four days straight off. Maybe they're going to start the rotation then. I've been taking it on myself to train people , because I can just see them dropping this onto the schedule with no notice. I know the GSTLs have, too, but when you have a skeleton crew, training is challenging, to say the least.

Who knows? Certainly not me, and I'm irritated. I don't expect any special treatment. As I've said before, I only took on GSA again to help them out of a jam. Now that I have, though, I'd like to know what's going to happen to me (and not what's in the book. I've seen it like everyone else with curiosity and an internet connection. I also know different stores will implement it differently, despite what anyone says). I've heard so many theories about myself, it long since stopped being entertaining. Just set a date and inform me, because this Schrodinger's Job business is wearing thin.

I close half of the weekdays. I'd be happy doing all 5 weekdays if I could get every weekend off like the closing LOD but I don't see that happening. :(

GSA's are now opening/closing Guest Advocates while others are being trained to open/close and that further diminishes a once known leader. GSTL's are doing mids; that means the former GSA's are simply banking registers and then hoping on a lane in the shadows. I think it is degrading. A once mobile active job leading and mentoring turned into boring heads down come in do their time and go home offering no input and providing little output. I think that after some have done the job of GSTL's for years (minus reviews) without the pay that this move washed all of what they did for why they did it down the toilet. Sad.

GSA's are now opening/closing Guest Advocates while others are being trained to open/close and that further diminishes a once known leader. GSTL's are doing mids; that means the former GSA's are simply banking registers and then hoping on a lane in the shadows. I think it is degrading. A once mobile active job leading and mentoring turned into boring heads down come in do their time and go home offering no input and providing little output. I think that after some have done the job of GSTL's for years (minus reviews) without the pay that this move washed all of what they did for why they did it down the toilet. Sad.
The position is eliminated. I can sure understand your disappointment, but it has been clear that was coming.

Please be a little gentle to HR this week, we did have to write three weeks worth of schedules and two we were completely in the dark on. No forecast or dashboard dropped in for the first two weeks of June 😕
Oh, I apologize if you thought I was being general. I was being specific. My store's HR is late on scheduling without the update. I feel for all of you having to slam through all of that scheduling without a net. Hang in there!

Last edited:
Not sure if my store is just half-assing the Front End modernization, but we still kinda-sorta have the GSA positions with certain trusted Guest Advocates (GAs). All the former GSAs were fired or quit so there's only 2 from the last batch who are now referred to as "Mentors" and we use them to train.

Some of us who weren't GSAs but have proven our worth were given (a) "GSTL" powers in POS and (b) we are either scheduled as openers or closers on 50-75% of the days we work.
We're also asked to go up and watch the lanes while the SETLs (whose schedules seem to overlap on Monday to Friday) are coaching, ordering, and lane-watching along with us as time permits.

It's weird. I know that Modernization calls for no lane-watching, but our ETL-SE told us he thinks that's stupid because no one can help or run change or speed weave unless someone is actually watching the lanes.

I’m just really sick of all this shit if I’m being honest. My leader gave me a huge checklist of things that everyone needs to be trained on, which includes guest service. I asked if we are able to get any extra hours for GS training everyone and that was a no... that it will be “on the spot” training. What a joke, I already have GS people who can’t really do their jobs properly due to half-assed training and now we’re getting even less time to “train” every cashier on guest service. Why do I have to do this, either, if I’m a cashier now 😒😒 it’s just really frustrating,

I agree completely !! It is driving me nutz. Over half of the cashiers are having a hard time at SCO, can't wait to see how they do at GS.

Will the former GSAs lose their access to email? Also, I don’t remember seeing anything about no one watching the front end in the modernization guide.

Will the former GSAs lose their access to email? Also, I don’t remember seeing anything about no one watching the front end in the modernization guide.

probably. S&E TLs are only mids, so there's no one watching the front during non-peak times.

No, in fact, I got an email address now to send my closing and opening report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back