Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We emptied both sides on overnight and pmt pushed it back on dayside. So far behind it didn't get set last night, but spices did.

So much out of dates and does any store really do freshness Fridays?
We do freshness every Friday. Yogurt wall a lot. Mostly everyone half asses a shelf or two. There's about 3-4 of us who do it right. I find more out dates just doing rigs myself than when we do an entire area as a team.

We do freshness every Friday. Yogurt wall a lot. Mostly everyone half asses a shelf or two. There's about 3-4 of us who do it right. I find more out dates just doing rigs myself than when we do an entire area as a team.
every week i close and zone the yogurt aisle, at least 1 night and find a whole "Holding qmos" bin, the white one on wheels full of yogurts that is either expired or about to expire in 1 or 2 days and take them all off the shelf !!

So our STL asked me for a copy of Mondays vendor score card,hasn't posted yet. I asked her what was up she's after vendors that were not waiting at receiving to set their pogs prior to store open..5am according to her...she's pissing away relationships that took me along time to build...
What POGS do your vendors set? We just had to communicate what aisles and when. We set, and rezone then they deal with the aftermath.

What POGS do your vendors set? We just had to communicate what aisles and when. We set, and rezone then they deal with the aftermath.
All we do for vendor stuff is put the strips in. The vendors do the rest, de merch, clean, and put back. Frito lay did his whole set with labels and the new dip shelves. Beer and wine did all their moves. Soda vendors demerched so we could change the base decks and then put all their stuff back. Nabisco and Keebler took care of their stuff and our bread guys are doing all theirs on Thursday. We basically don't touch any vendor product and I love it. It's such a big help. We are doing this set overnight and all the vendors were really good about being to the store right at 6 so I could communicate to them before I left at 630.

All we do for vendor stuff is put the strips in. The vendors do the rest, de merch, clean, and put back. Frito lay did his whole set with labels and the new dip shelves. Beer and wine did all their moves. Soda vendors demerched so we could change the base decks and then put all their stuff back. Nabisco and Keebler took care of their stuff and our bread guys are doing all theirs on Thursday. We basically don't touch any vendor product and I love it. It's such a big help. We are doing this set overnight and all the vendors were really good about being to the store right at 6 so I could communicate to them before I left at 630.
Frito sent us some help with repushing, but we were allocated the hours to set it so they came in and repushed and labeled. Pepsi and coke helped remerch and push.

All we do for vendor stuff is put the strips in. The vendors do the rest, de merch, clean, and put back. Frito lay did his whole set with labels and the new dip shelves. Beer and wine did all their moves. Soda vendors demerched so we could change the base decks and then put all their stuff back. Nabisco and Keebler took care of their stuff and our bread guys are doing all theirs on Thursday. We basically don't touch any vendor product and I love it. It's such a big help.
I envy your organization. That's how it's supposed to be done but with no communication between PPTL, CTL and vendors, it's been a cluster f____. So much time spent touching vendor product by pog and br team. Just completely unecessary. Kudos to you for being all over it.

I envy your organization. That's how it's supposed to be done but with no communication between PPTL, CTL and vendors, it's been a cluster f____. So much time spent touching vendor product by pog and br team. Just completely unecessary. Kudos to you for being all over it.
My CTL is good about getting the vendors in whenever we have any sets or even revisions. I tell them what week I need, they let me know what day they can come, and I fit it in our plan. I always let them tell me what day they can come and I work around that. My chip and wine vendors have told me on 2 resets now that we have been the most organized store as far as having everything ready for them and knowing they were coming. It's all about good communication between the CTL, vendors, and me along with me letting my team know exactly when the vendors are coming so we can have everything ready for them. Once you get that down then it's so much easier on us and so much less work that we have to do.

My CTL is good about getting the vendors in whenever we have any sets or even revisions. I tell them what week I need, they let me know what day they can come, and I fit it in our plan. I always let them tell me what day they can come and I work around that. My chip and wine vendors have told me on 2 resets now that we have been the most organized store as far as having everything ready for them and knowing they were coming. It's all about good communication between the CTL, vendors, and me along with me letting my team know exactly when the vendors are coming so we can have everything ready for them. Once you get that down then it's so much easier on us and so much less work that we have to do.
I feel so slow to this. I'm in position (PPTL) after 9 months and just really getting the hang of it. I came back from maternity leave as a SFTL and the week I was coming back our old PPTL quit. I got a text from my ETL that week asking when my first day back was. Once I took over I realized the SF knew nothing. Lol

I feel so slow to this. I'm in position (PPTL) after 9 months and just really getting the hang of it. I came back from maternity leave as a SFTL and the week I was coming back our old PPTL quit. I got a text from my ETL that week asking when my first day back was. Once I took over I realized the SF knew nothing. Lol

We also just relabeled and the vendors do the rest.

At lest you know for next time.

We also just relabeled and the vendors do the rest.

At lest you know for next time.
My STL has no faith in vendors. Honestly aside from Frito, Pepsi and coke they all don't give AF. They will just throw stuff on a shelf and walk away.

On another note...

As I was leaving today I saw we got another signing pallet with pushers! Win. Hoping I can do the spice aisle. I told my STL if I don't like the look I'm gutting all the pushers, putting up shelf liner and sticky dividers. She said she trusted my judgement. :) So if anyone has photos of their ending spice aisles please let me know!

most the these guys will do a good job because they make money on sales.
Huh... I wonder why mine don't care. Maybe my CTL should be a little more involved. Aka actually talk to the vendors. My receiving TM does all the communication with vendors.

Huh... I wonder why mine don't care. Maybe my CTL should be a little more involved. Aka actually talk to the vendors. My receiving TM does all the communication with vendors.

Vendors are like cats, they will generally do what's best for them but sometimes you still need to ask them what's in their mouth and get them back in line.

That being said our guys did a good job.

2 weeks prior to our transition I met with each vendor involved. .soda first..we would de merch the evening of,they would fill the morning after,I even had them sign off on our plans..what does the soda vendors do first thing Sunday morning. ....de merch all their product..no soda on the sales floor all day Sunday..no one at my store figured it out until I came in at 4 to close....I hit the roof,not only with vendors but with leaders at my store...from that point forward I literally walked my vendors again thru the transition...snacks,cookies,crackers,liquor,and bread. ..no other issues after that. ...

Gondola movers :p

Basically, magic sliders.

Contractors used this to move our gondolas during Home remodel.

However, I am all for Magic Sliders, a lift bar, a pallet, and the electric jack. :cool:

On #TargetLife there's was a video of contractors move a gondola in a remodeling store. It was just rolling down the react rack. Pretty neat.

A coworker also found a out of date item from 2014 and 2013... I was like... wow.

On another note...

As I was leaving today I saw we got another signing pallet with pushers! Win. Hoping I can do the spice aisle. I told my STL if I don't like the look I'm gutting all the pushers, putting up shelf liner and sticky dividers. She said she trusted my judgement. :) So if anyone has photos of their ending spice aisles please let me know!
I would also like to see it since my plans are to do it tomorrow night

2 weeks prior to our transition I met with each vendor involved. .soda first..we would de merch the evening of,they would fill the morning after,I even had them sign off on our plans..what does the soda vendors do first thing Sunday morning. ....de merch all their product..no soda on the sales floor all day Sunday..no one at my store figured it out until I came in at 4 to close....I hit the roof,not only with vendors but with leaders at my store...from that point forward I literally walked my vendors again thru the transition...snacks,cookies,crackers,liquor,and bread. ..no other issues after that. ...
This wouldn't have worked for us, mainly cause my ETL didn't want us to go overnight. I mean if I saw one of the vendors while I was on the floor I let them know, if not they missed out. All we have left are cereal and spices. But I'll definitely coordinate better next time. Thanks for the tip!

So I got like 6 boxes the chose well flags and their square sign friends. They are not listed on very many pogs but the instructions that came in every box has a list on the back. What I gathered from the list and instructions is "put these up on these pogs even if they are not listed on the pog".

Is that what everyone else got from that? Do I just pick a healthy looking shelf? I eat cake for breakfast I don't make very goid food choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back