Archived Have you ever had someone just up and leave in the middle of a shift...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then come back a couple days later for his next scheduled shift?:D

We had a new kid start at my store on Sunday the 28th, on overnight flow 10pm-6am. Seemed okay, quiet, but quick learner. He worked Monday too, then was off Tue-Thurs, and came in on Friday March 4th. Everything seemed fine, but then around 3:45am he came up to me saying he was done stocking his aisle and didn't know what to do, so I told him to find our ETL. About 20 minutes later, the ETL comes up to me and 3 other guys in pfresh asking if we had seen the new employee. I told him, that I told the new kid to find him but he never did. For an hour my ETL searched the store a few different times, only to find out later that his car was gone. Turns out he left the store at 4am and didn't tell anyone. Just completely ditched.

He was also schedule for Saturday but did a NCNS. He came in Sunday night and spoke to one of the TL's(Who was not there the night he dipped and told him to come t work for his next scheduled shift). so he came in and worked Monday because the ETL wasn't there(Why he didn't put the word out that this kid was fired I have no idea.) So he comes in last night while the ETL is there and the ETL was like "What the hell are you doing here?" And canned his ass lol

Anyone else have anything similar happen where a TM pulls something so outlandish and still thinks they have a job ? lol

Oh yes. I have also had team members call and ask if they still had a job. Had one call in then come get their check so they could go shopping.

We had a GSA get into it with the ETL-GE last year and then walked right out in the middle of his shift. We also had a Cart Attendant walk out in the middle of their shift after an argument with the LOD.

Never had them come back, but when I started on Flow it was fairly common for newbies to work their first shift and go out during our first break and never be seen again.

I walked out in the middle of my shift at my last job at another retail company. I NCNS'd for two weeks and when I came in to pick up my final check, they asked me to keep working there.

I did something similar when I was told it was more important to do a floor set than be out of state for a memorial. A planned one I had already approved vacation days she wanted to rescind. Another manager asked me to stay when I picked up my last check but I already had new job in pocket.

But we have had a few walk out but mostly they just NCNS.. We have had one pull the "Please can I come back?" and my ETL said yes only to can her ass when she walked in.

We had a TL walk out at the very beginning of his shift a couple weeks ago, before the store even opened.
Back in September or so we had a GSTL walk out to his car for lunch and not return. He apparently got a better paying job somewhere else.
We had a cashier walk out in the middle of ringing out a guest.
Admittedly, I have walked away in the middle of being talked at by a GSA and into the AP office. He seemed to think that him telling me to collect empty merchandise protection from the service desk was more important than me receipt checking a guy with a dyson.

Last edited:
I almost walked out of the store today. I was already upset when I got to work. I got even more upset that one SrTL was collecting all PDAs from tms already done with their shift and left no equipment to those who are about to start theirs. I know she had the power to do that but I just can't help but get upset.

The closing GSA walked out half an hour before the store closed after arguing with the LOD. I'm not sure what exactly happened but I wasn't sad to see him go. He was very obnoxious and kind of creepy. He still comes in to shop occasionally.

We had one ahole that when his girlfriend got to the parking lot she would text him and he would stroll out the front door for awhile, then stroll back in. This of course was after he took his 15. And yes he is long gone.

We had a GSA walk out in the middle of his shift once. To my knowledge, he wasn't heard from again after that.

Never seen someone try and come back, but there was this weird girl who was hired as a seasonal cashier who would text a lot while ringing up guests and complained that she had "done so many things, like dollar spot and cleaned the lanes" but they didn't keep her on. One of her last shifts, she wanted to get on a lane, and since I was coming back from break, I offered to take over SCO... thinking she would actually go on a lane. Evidently she just walked out.

And now we all have to tell the GSTL/GSA/whoever that we need a break and hope they remember us...

A GSTL of a few months had a blow-up with leadership & walked out one afternoon.
She came back the next day & talked with the ETL-HR who allowed her to continue.
A few days later, it happened again.
When she came in next, they had her papers waiting.

I never saw anyone walk out on their shift until last year, now we've had 3 walkouts this past year. Pretty sad.

I haven't seen anyone walk out yet, but there was a BR TM who was still in his 90 days, NCNS for a weekend, and just didn't show up again. He texted another BR TM to ask him to pick up his check. I was in awe when the other BR TM showed me as it happened.

Found out from a TM buddy that one of the HLTLs walked out about a month after I left.
He'd been butting heads with the ETL & suspected the ETL of working to performance him out so he walked out one day.

Our SFS TL walked out a week or two ago, that was fun.

Oooh yeh.....I remember reading about that.
I didn't really see that much drama during my tenure.

One lady who worked in bakery at my old store went on a vacation to New York for a week and never came back. I'd be lying if I said I was sad to hear they fired her over her absence though, she was a jerk.

I quit my old job like this. Left in the middle of my shift. I had to sign some paperwor, and then I was out. One of the best things I've done for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back