Hours where are..TL?

busyzoningtoys

Reshop Team Lead
Took a voluntary cut so my team could have more hours, also this time of year a lot of my peers are taking PTO for similar reasons; probably an HR mistake? Or, are you usually scheduled as regular coverage in your workcenter? If so, and your area’s hours went down, that could be why? (an oops on HR’s part)

I had a team lead a few years back that got scheduled like that. During the slow times he was getting 32 hours, but one week he was scheduled something like 14 or 15 hours. He did not talk to his ETL and just went on an unplanned vacation. I guess his ETL was upset that he did not mention the schedule, as it was a heavy workload week and they needed him in the store. I am not sure where they would have found the hours to give him, but they said they would have figured something out.

Just realized this is about a TL not a TM edit fix but yes I have heard of backroom TLs and Flow TLs being asked to take hours off but it has been a long time since I experienced that. I'm close with 4/5 of my regular TLs and it barely ever happens for them.

Last edited:
Our tls were complaining about being cut to 20 something. They were literally told the etls would pick up the slack. 12 is a pretty steep drop but given how spot is now it wouldnt surprise me

I had a team lead a few years back that got scheduled like that. During the slow times he was getting 32 hours, but one week he was scheduled something like 14 or 15 hours. He did not talk to his ETL and just went on an unplanned vacation. I guess his ETL was upset that he did not mention the schedule, as it was a heavy workload week and they needed him in the store. I am not sure where they would have found the hours to give him, but they said they would have figured something out.
It isn't the TL's responsibility to tell the ETL scheduling anymore. That ETL is playing a victim of their own laziness..