COVID-19 Is Your SFS Affected By The Coronavirus?

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
I work pretty close with the flex team since I got crosstrained, and, man, are our INF hurting lol. We don't know if stuff is being stolen or what but, we have had to hit item not found for medicine, alcohol, sanitizer, and toilet paper like there is no tomorrow. Our etl doesn't know what to do. The team that run over the counter and all the other departments don't really seem to care. They just want their push done. Our etl thinks that everyone should just go to their aisles and audit, but, it looks like they're relying on the flex team to do it instead. Are you guys facing the same thing? What is your team doing about it? Asking because my etl is a great guy, and I'm trying to get some ideas. He doesn't deserve to walk in to bad scores every day.

They finally did the 3 hour thing midday today and our INFs have always been a thing of worry even before this. Some things just do not exist. It's not from stealing but from some problem in communication, perhaps even from the supply chain. I don't even have the care to worry about in now during this extreme situation. Considering we live in a highly populous area with 100s of opus coming in every 30 minutes, we exceeded every goal time except 2 before the 3 hour grace period was in place. There is nothing you can do, so I would not worry about it too much considering the situation. This is a unique situation for every store, they are lucky we are even holding up in general.

SFS metrics are in the toilet for many many stores right now due to demand. Not really much you can do to fix INF at this point in time if the items are not in store. Make sure someone is doing the hardlines audit every day - getting truck out is more important than shooting outs right now if you need to prioritize

Generally our TL is majorly diligent when it comes to not INFing until we let her know first so that we, or she, can double check locations, but yesterday was more lax just because it was the same shit over and over, canned goods, toilet paper, pastas etc that we just did not have.

I am a consumables DBO. I am researching my hardest hit areas once my freight is complete. I am also making myself available to SFS if they need assistance.

Sometimes it's mispicks, or cashiers/guests (at Self Check Out) ringing products out incorrectly. Or the store is messier, so that last pack of Clorox wipes is sitting on the shelf in the baby department.

We are fucked and top gear top tip, check guest service and check lanes for things they have taken back from guests trying to buy to many of..

The fun in this is that this is where it shows why we have been bitching about the floor and backroom being accurate which they haven't for a very long time.. That is making it so much worse. I can't help that there are 250 OPU batches at 6am and only me until 8am and they are dropping as fast as I can pull them so while we may have had that TP when I got here in the couple hours it took me to get to your order the pallet has sold out.

I am a consumables DBO. I am researching my hardest hit areas once my freight is complete. I am also making myself available to SFS if they need assistance.

Sometimes it's mispicks, or cashiers/guests (at Self Check Out) ringing products out incorrectly. Or the store is messier, so that last pack of Clorox wipes is sitting on the shelf in the baby department.
How many mispicks do you actually find? I heard at my store it's around 8% but we probably don't catch all of them.

How many mispicks do you actually find? I heard at my store it's around 8% but we probably don't catch all of them.
I wished our freight came with pick labels. That would make it easy for our receiver to send in 120s (used to get credit for items that show up on our invoices, but don't see on any of our pallets).

Honestly, probably miss more than I find. I often don’t use the Pick Label. Obviously I catch it when there are MsPks from other Fillgroups - aka toys that are MsPk.

I had a “helper “ in my area completely missing the obvious MsPks. He was sending them all to backstock. :rolleyes:

I fix the ones I catch, and put them back on the line or into reshop.

Last edited:
Our SFS/OPU is crazy. They are "training" people all day long . . . "anybody available to pick orders?" It won't be long before guests waiting in the checklanes will be recruited to pick while they're waiting and their cart will hold their spot. (ONE cashier while we hit our capacity number almost daily and anyone else scheduled for the front is doing drive up) My backroom numbers, on hands, and organization are tanking. I weep as I work everyone else's u boats and set their salesplans while I watch my hours nosedive yet again. (Our store comps are up, but our hours were slashed)

Back