Archived mixed messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is forgetting the point. It is not our job to police what is a luxury food or what is not, its our job to accept payment within guidelines. Sure, people may be buying ice cream and other consumables (candy) that they do not "NEED", but the SNAP guidelines say it is OK, so we should not be playing food stamp police.

Now WIC on the other hand, clearly states what is eligible and what isn't.

WIC is enough of a pain that at my store, only GSAs and higher can ring up WIC sales.

I had a cashier make a fresh comment once when I was buying ice cream with my SNAP card. I said "do you honestly think I should be punished with health food for being poor?!" and her response was that it would "motivate" me to get off the system if I could only buy healthy food. MIND YOU, this b**ch works at the same store I do... so she knows how little we make.... BUT she's one of those people who only works because she's "bored." Husband makes a sh*t load of money. "Bored" little house wife. "Oh poor me".

I had a cashier make a fresh comment once when I was buying ice cream with my SNAP card. I said "do you honestly think I should be punished with health food for being poor?!" and her response was that it would "motivate" me to get off the system if I could only buy healthy food. MIND YOU, this b**ch works at the same store I do... so she knows how little we make.... BUT she's one of those people who only works because she's "bored." Husband makes a sh*t load of money. "Bored" little house wife. "Oh poor me".

Screw her.
Does she somehow think you want have to put with her condescending crap every time you need food?
Nobody goes on SNAP without first jumping through some really humiliating hoops in the first place.
If she ever runs on hard times I hope she is treated better by the people who help her, only because nobody should have to go through that just to survive.

Last edited:
Everyone is forgetting the point. It is not our job to police what is a luxury food or what is not, its our job to accept payment within guidelines. Sure, people may be buying ice cream and other consumables (candy) that they do not "NEED", but the SNAP guidelines say it is OK, so we should not be playing food stamp police.

Now WIC on the other hand, clearly states what is eligible and what isn't.

I'm so very glad that our store does not take WIC. We were never approved by the county. Although there was some woman in there one day who insisted that we did. She didn't even back down when I told her that I had been there since the store opened and we had never taken WIC.

Our state (state of denial) has a law that prohibits stores like ours from accepting WIC if we're within so many miles of a regular grocery store (?!) because we're 'not' a full grocery.
Whatev.

Really? Is that just a rule at your store, it lets anyone do it at my store.

Yeah, it's just a rule at my store. Our leadership apparently doesn't trust us enough not to **** it up. But it's probably for the best - I'd rather not be involved in something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back