modernization is dead

I love the DBO part. The worst was having advocates stand around and do nothing. I am much happier now. I can do so many things now. Apparently, I am going to learn to do pulls next.

From the info i got modernization is not dead. They realize that the current pull system is not doable in the true modernization routine, need night pullers to get to the completion goal. We were told to work off process for that until they can come up with a new plan or new process for pulls. They also know other areas of modernization have broken processes that they want to address. Like how they have added plano tls back and have said they are going to change how set routine is to make it more consistent week to week. Modernization is alive but it seems they are working on a revamp.

From the info i got modernization is not dead. They realize that the current pull system is not doable in the true modernization routine, need night pullers to get to the completion goal. We were told to work off process for that until they can come up with a new plan or new process for pulls. They also know other areas of modernization have broken processes that they want to address. Like how they have added plano tls back and have said they are going to change how set routine is to make it more consistent week to week. Modernization is alive but it seems they are working on a revamp.

I've said from the start they should have changed how the pog workload was allocated. You can't have extremely heavy workload weeks and then other weeks with nothing. Having to pull every DBO to set seasonal isn't tenable when you still have trucks coming in with freight to be worked, this is one of the ways stores become behind on trucks. About damn time they looked into this!

I've said from the start they should have changed how the pog workload was allocated. You can't have extremely heavy workload weeks and then other weeks with nothing. Having to pull every DBO to set seasonal isn't tenable when you still have trucks coming in with freight to be worked, this is one of the ways stores become behind on trucks. About damn time they looked into this!
Our DBOs have never set a POG, revision or salesplan in their lives. The plano team was told it would eventually go away but never did. It's alive and well at my store.

The only stores that talk about getting green on OFOs, seem to be pulling and staging at night for the next day. I mean, I get the logic, but it seems like just a way to fake out the metric. If the merchandise isn’t hitting the floor, it really doesn’t matter if it’s sitting in a cart or sitting in the backroom overnight, except if OPU/SFS has to dig through multiple pulls to find items and these pulls would be less effective after the RDC truck(s) has been acknowledged.

Our DBOs have never set a POG, revision or salesplan in their lives. The plano team was told it would eventually go away but never did. It's alive and well at my store.

Give me 8 hour shifts, and I can usually get it all done. Not happening on a 4 hour shift. I think the TLs do most of the POG and REV in our store. I see them with label strips.

I can still hear it now... "Front of store attendant can you hop on a register," asks my ETL. All the while, I'm in the back of the parking lot.
This has happened more and more at my store. I've actually had to start helping people on SCO because the SCO attendant keeps getting called off to do (among other things) cashiering duty! Our FOS attendants do GS, pickup, DU...

And I'm a cleaner, lol...

Isn't it funny how every store where modernization "works" has some mitigating factor that is causing it to "work"?
I've noticed that too. Anyone who comes here saying that a process works has something special. Exterior storage containers for the back room, extra people for unload, people working overnight or nearly overnight, roving people with a specialty purpose, even more that I've forgotten. No one comes here with the proper framework, standard back room, people assigned as specific, average proportion of hours given to all, no specialty beyond the DBO, and talks about how they make it work. Something or somethings have to be broken before it can be made workable. And it's annoying to hear people say "it works" instead of saying "yeah, we trashed the modernization bible in this one area, because that's the only way to make it work. If you don't have leadership support to do it, you're fucked."

Back