Archived Modernization sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GSA’s are no longer a thing. Whoever was a GSA is now always scheduled at SCO and they have to which the lanes still and take care of everybody. most of our former GSA’s have left the store so now they’re scheduling some of us cashiers at SCO to watch the lanes. It makes me super nervous and anxious where I feel sick going into work. I always want to call in sick when I get a SCO shift because I feel it’s too much pressure to me with low coverage and nobody responding for backup. I also don’t think it’s not fair how we don’t get paid as much as a GSA would when now we’re doing their job. I don’t know how to tell leadership to stop scheduling me there without them thinking I can’t work well. My precious 2 jobs were managerial and I was offered manager positions after those 2 but turned them down due to not wanting to deal with the added stress. Which is why I went to Cashier and now I have GSTL functions when I sign into a register. Does anybody else have this problem :( I see nobody talking about it . It’s really making me want to quit.

you have gstl functions because advocates are supposed to, to make the guest experience better by reducing the amount of times you need to call the tl over to handle overrides etc

as far as the added stress of watching the lanes or whatever, you shouldn’t need to be doing that. the entire point of advocates having override power is that they don’t need to be watched. at most you call for backup, and if backup doesn’t show you partner with a tl or etl.

you should only be without an setl for a couple of hours anyway, when traffic is the slowest. are you really that busy early in the morning or late at night?

You are getting paid $13, eventually $15 an hour. What are you talking about, not getting GSA pay? I made $10.50 as a GSA. I know it used to come with the extra .50, but are you really going to overlook several dollars higher just because the .50 bump doesn't exist anymore?

Also, as previously stated, the way that your SE leaders are scheduled should leave you with their coverage for most of the day. If they're not doing their jobs and leading the front of store experience, you should address that with your SD. Or, if the ETL-SE and 2 SETL positions aren't filled at your store, your SD/ETL-HR should come up with a solution to have leadership at the front that's lacking. You will probably get much farther addressing a lack of leadership at the front than you will with telling them you don't want to be SCO because it's stressful. They'll probably cut your hours if you don't want to take the SCO hours.

Our GSA’s were making $2.50 more than us. The ETL leaves 5 hours before store closing and we do get backed up around that time. I get such bad anxiety seeing the lines growing. Backup is not always available and it makes me shake. And I’m getting less hours since being scheduled at SCO.

ok i need you to walk me through what your schedule looks like. lets say your store is open from 8a to 11p. to cover a period from 9a to 9p, you should have some combination of either 2 setls or 1 setl + etl-se. that way you have tl coverage at the front for your peak hours and your advocate scheduled at sco only has to "watch" the lanes for either an hour in the morning or two hours toward the end of the night. are you telling me that you have entire 5 hour periods where you have no front end team lead available??

and try to let go of the anxiety of watching the lines grow. you call for backup; if it doesnt happen, you partner with a tl in the building. if no backup comes, no backup comes. things that are beyond your control are beyond your control and you are not a team lead, you are not in charge of team members on the salesfloor. if guests get mad at you, you punt it to a team lead and let them deal with it. thats all there is to it

you should only be without an setl for a couple of hours anyway, when traffic is the slowest. are you really that busy early in the morning or late at night?

And this is what drives me crazy. ASANTS. My store most definitely is extremely busy from 7-close, those very same times we aren’t staffed bc Target Corp decided that guests must just stay in their homes, watching TV or whatever after dinner. Okay no.

And this is what drives me crazy. ASANTS. My store most definitely is extremely busy from 7-close, those very same times we aren’t staffed bc Target Corp decided that guests must just stay in their homes, watching TV or whatever after dinner. Okay no.

this is on your hr team though, and nothing to do with corp. your store leadership can see when you do business and adjust your frontend schedule accordingly and if they arent doing that that is a problem that your etl-se needs to work on

We are in between ETLSE at the moment but it was happening even when we had one. I think HR doesn’t like our GSTLs.

got it, and that's fair. i sympathize with that as i have some serious issues with how scheduling is handled at my store as well

are you telling me that you have entire 5 hour periods where you have no front end team lead available??

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

That is precisely what was going on in my store and I wasn't having it. I got to see one of the SETLs for a few minutes before I clocked out.

Our GSA’s were making $2.50 more than us. The ETL leaves 5 hours before store closing and we do get backed up around that time. I get such bad anxiety seeing the lines growing. Backup is not always available and it makes me shake. And I’m getting less hours since being scheduled at SCO.
They definitely weren’t

So GSA’s are no longer a thing. Whoever was a GSA is now always scheduled at SCO and they have to which the lanes still and take care of everybody. most of our former GSA’s have left the store so now they’re scheduling some of us cashiers at SCO to watch the lanes. It makes me super nervous and anxious where I feel sick going into work. I always want to call in sick when I get a SCO shift because I feel it’s too much pressure to me with low coverage and nobody responding for backup. I also don’t think it’s not fair how we don’t get paid as much as a GSA would when now we’re doing their job. I don’t know how to tell leadership to stop scheduling me there without them thinking I can’t work well. My precious 2 jobs were managerial and I was offered manager positions after those 2 but turned them down due to not wanting to deal with the added stress. Which is why I went to Cashier and now I have GSTL functions when I sign into a register. Does anybody else have this problem :( I see nobody talking about it . It’s really making me want to quit.
Because most of us made this change months ago. Search back and you’ll find conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back