Archived Payment in the Electronic department

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that those who work in Electronics don’t have to check the guests’s items that are not electronic related items. Due to the holiday season, we not been ringing people out for all of their items. Only electronic things. Some of the customers were angry and asked for the manager. The closest employee we had to a manager at the time, was actually the AP leader. (I don’t know exactly the title) He made me ring all her items out because if he were to say “no” their could’ve been a chance the guest would attempt to steal it. Mind you, it was picture frames. Just out of curiosity, if something like that were to happen again, do we have to comply with the service although it goes against our policy/rules?

I don’t get why it’s so hard. Unless they have a massive cart or produce that needs to be weighed, I always do it. Most guests won’t mind waiting fifteen seconds while you scan another guests items.

Liquor cannot be rung in Electronics, and obviously produce.

We have always rang up everything they had as long as it was a small amount and not alcohol or anything else that cant actually be checked out there

Yeah, whatever ETL decided that is an idiot. Unless it’s produce or alcohol, check them out. Sometimes, if there’s a cart with a large qty of items, I’d tell them that while I could check them out back here it’ll be a lot faster to go up front as they can bag items much faster.

The only time we run it like that at my store is during the Black Friday Apple Shop, and even then we just tell people this registers are for guests buying apple products only until we clear the rush.

No special instructions here either, anything but alcohol and produce is fine. I know our front Lanes suck so I am usually happy to do it. This holiday we really could have used a dedicated cashier for electronics, when with 4 people the dstl came in and said we could use another. Guest were waiting and phones unanswered.

No special instructions here either, anything but alcohol and produce is fine. I know our front Lanes suck so I am usually happy to do it. This holiday we really could have used a dedicated cashier for electronics, when with 4 people the dstl came in and said we could use another. Guest were waiting and phones unanswered.

The registers hard lock with alcohol in electronics.

We ring out whatever guests have unless it’s a heaping cart, we just direct them to the front lanes.

Complying is better than denying a sale at my store during the holidays. If you get that one guest trying to ring a large number of items give them bags so they can bag how they want if you're busy. If you cant ring all the items the guest has in one sale , direct them to SCO or FL.

I was told that those who work in Electronics don’t have to check the guests’s items that are not electronic related items. Due to the holiday season, we not been ringing people out for all of their items. Only electronic things. Some of the customers were angry and asked for the manager. The closest employee we had to a manager at the time, was actually the AP leader. (I don’t know exactly the title) He made me ring all her items out because if he were to say “no” their could’ve been a chance the guest would attempt to steal it. Mind you, it was picture frames. Just out of curiosity, if something like that were to happen again, do we have to comply with the service although it goes against our policy/rules?
AP Team leader would be your ETL-AP or APTL

Also, if he overrides you, then ring up everything. Just let him know you were told otherwise by another manager.
But really your ETL-SF (Sales Floor) or ETL-GE (Front End) should have final say imho, but let them work it out among themselves. Just follow the last order you were given lol.

When I am scheduled in Electronics, I offer to ring up their entire purchase if they are purchasing something that needs to be rung up in Electronics like a video game console, Beats, GoPros, etc.

It only annoys me when someone who is buying no electronics tries to get me ring up their purchase. I haven't said no yet but I want to every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back