Archived Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also has anyone heard about a pilot happening or about to happen with stores getting rid of the Target Cafe and just going with a Starbucks. I know the only thing their keeping are the soda and icee machines I'm guessing you'd get the cups from Starbucks.

Wow! where would all our closing TM's get their dinner from? :p

My store is doing a pilot (soon) of the new Target Debit Card application--which lets guests apply for the Debit Card using their already existing debit card instead of a blank check. Which is quite handy, considering the number of REDcards we lose because most people don't carry checks with them anymore.

Now see that makes a lot more sense. I hope that rolls out to my store soon because I can't tell you how many potential red cards I have lost because people any more just don't carry their checkbooks.

Now getting rid of Food ave is HORRIBLE. Ours is getting a remodel right now and the the Guests are moaning and groaning over it. We do have regulars that show up there all the time to. The main thing that is missed is the popcorn.

That would be interesting but Target Cafe has other goodies like Pizza Hut, popcorn, pretzels, all stuff guests would really love. It's a lot cheaper there 2 to grab some coffee than starbucks. They could be making more money but Target Cafe has its great value for guests, I dont see this happening unless Target is desperate to get guests to spend more.

If a store has a Starbucks, the associated Target Cafe doesn't sell coffee. At least mine didn't (it didn't even have the buttons for it on the POS)

As for the topic at hand, while there wouldn't be a lot of the Target Cafe staples anymore, Target would probably save a lot of money. The Cafe doesn't seem to make enough (at least in the stores I've been to) to even cover the expenses of having one--the supplies, the waste, the employee wages, the maintenance costs, the operating costs, etc.

From the little I have heard about this it would be happening in stores that are opening in the future or in certain remodel stores. This would be a way more profitable way to go if the company would decide it. The gross margin is way higher then in Target Cafe. I'm sure if this happen they would allow the selling of Starbucks food to make up for not having Target Cafe food.

If a store has a Starbucks, the associated Target Cafe doesn't sell coffee. At least mine didn't (it didn't even have the buttons for it on the POS)

As for the topic at hand, while there wouldn't be a lot of the Target Cafe staples anymore, Target would probably save a lot of money. The Cafe doesn't seem to make enough (at least in the stores I've been to) to even cover the expenses of having one--the supplies, the waste, the employee wages, the maintenance costs, the operating costs, etc.

The guests at my store would flip out, we have lines into the front lanes most weekends for food avenue. People eat so much pizza and breadsticks. And ICEEs. Everbody's gotta get an ICEE and overflow it on the floor and leave it melted in their cart.
People are already getting angry about the upcoming renovation. "Where am I gonna eat? How am I gonna get my morning coffee?"

The guests at my store would flip out, we have lines into the front lanes most weekends for food avenue. People eat so much pizza and breadsticks. And ICEEs. Everbody's gotta get an ICEE and overflow it on the floor and leave it melted in their cart.

^ Ohmygoodness, this. Icees were the bane of my existence when I worked for Target: it seemed that whether I worked in Food Ave or as Guest Attendant, 99% of the spills I had to clean up throughout the day were due to those. Why some parents believe that a two-year-old child needs a large icee, I will never understand.

People are already getting angry about the upcoming renovation. "Where am I gonna eat? How am I gonna get my morning coffee?"

Goodness, people act like they'll starve if they can't eat out every day. :facepalm: Even when I worked in Food Ave, I very rarely ate there: I always brought food and coffee from home. Healthier and less expensive, but I guess some people just prefer to pay for convenience.

Last edited:
Correction:
I was offered by my vet for my cat, to Be part of clinical trial of new drug for diabetes at a no cost. My funds were limited at the time.

Okay, confused again...did you mean your store did the pilot of PetRx in the past?

On the subject of "pet prescriptions", you'd be surprised at how many guests are just IDIOTS when it comes to getting a new script filled for their pet. We hand them the paperwork to fill out and they ask "why do I have to fill this out? It's for my dog/cat". Even when I explain we STILL have to process it through the computer to generate the label, etc., they STILL want to argue "But there's no insurance...it's only an antibiotic...he/she has no allergies/medical conditions...etc" I had a guy yesterday who was refusing to fill out the paperwork so the pharmacist stepped in and said "Then I just need your driver's license and a phone number where we can reach you"...he gave it to her and SHE filled the paperwork out with the information from his DL ;)

We do pet prescriptions, but it's not part of a pilot??? Do you mean like Frontline and those types of prescriptions?

High bp & diabetes, etc on cats, in my case.
Test it there & no trial required.

They are screening for chronic diseases on cats, as in felines????????

Yes, they do. pets can have similar diseases like humans. My cats have been through cancer, high blood pressure, & diabetes, over the years.

Right! I'm a cat lover myself, but don't know much about feline anatomy...pharmacist is check bp and blood glucose?? Sounds interesting...makes me nervous though ...

As of the 24th, we have a Beauty Concierge walking the aisles of Beauty, giving advice. I'm guessing they are going to do away with the Boots rep.

Our beauty concierge zones cosmetics too. It takes a load off the HBA zone.

My store seems to be testing promoting complete morons to TL positions while telling very capable TMs they arent good enough (despite one of them being a TL before transfering)

Has anyone seen the new refrigerated pet food which will be setting on an endcap in a few weeks? They are putting a Cooler on a front endcap of Pets.

It's something that's going to be brand new. Maybe my store is a test for it, but I saw the pet food (which isn't set yet but will be more expensive than what we normally sell) in the dairy cooler on a separate Green Rack. These will be kept away from the regular food in the cooler and will be on a front endcap in pets. I believe it sets when Pets resets. It's going to be odd having a cooler on an w ndcap in Pets.

I think it's called fresh pet. It's a refrigerated brand of dog food and treats. Some stores were testing it previously and now it's being expanded to more stores. Not really a test anymore, but only certain stores are getting it. Luckily, mine is not one of those stores. We have no room in our dairy cooler as is!

Please forgive my ignorance, I grew up without animals in the house.

Refrigerated pet food. What will they think of next?

We're getting ours in a week or so; the cooler unit has already come in and is waiting to be installed. Dunno where we're going to keep the back-stock product but hopefully it won't be a high-inventory sort of thing and we can keep most of the product on the floor.

The "Fresh Pet" cases are only rolling out to about 400 stores. Most stores will be getting a "Pet" focal though.. These changes will be taking place next week.

You'd be surprised what some people will feed their dogs. Lots of my friends feed their pets "human grade" food only. Or they feed raw, which must be refrigerated. Their dogs' food budget is greater than mine. I don't know what Freshpet is, but nothing surprises me any more. Sad, though, that this pet food is probably more expensive than our team members can purchase for themselves. I remember when people at dog food because it was cheap.

I dont know if this is a pilot but our store is also getting the refrigerator, we installed the power lines just the other morning for it and are waiting to receive the refrigerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back