Archived Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
So general consensus is none of us want the music in stores pilot to go nationwide, am I right? ;)

How's PDX-EPS going for the Pharmacy people out there? My store launches in a few weeks. It sounds interesting.

So general consensus is none of us want the music in stores pilot to go nationwide, am I right? ;)

How's PDX-EPS going for the Pharmacy people out there? My store launches in a few weeks. It sounds interesting.

Maybe if it was full songs instead of the same annoying clips over and over. idk.

Somehow, I don't think our leaders would be very happy if our ears bled every time we walked into the store.

When did you pick up on that?

Somehow, I don't think our leaders would be very happy if our ears bled every time we walked into the store.

Honestly, even though sometimes the music at Trader Joe's is odd, I do enjoy actually having music. True, the managers can change stations and mix it up a bit but still. Music>silence. And I can't tell you how many people have asked me recently why Target doesn't have music & how much they don't like shopping there because it's too quiet and it creeps them out.

Honestly, even though sometimes the music at Trader Joe's is odd, I do enjoy actually having music. True, the managers can change stations and mix it up a bit but still. Music>silence. And I can't tell you how many people have asked me recently why Target doesn't have music & how much they don't like shopping there because it's too quiet and it creeps them out.

I promise you don't want music.
If there was music it would have to be what they were trying to sell and the most banal part of that.

How much Kids Bop are you prepared to listen to day in and day out?
When I worked at the book store we got to pick the CDs that went in the overhead, then corporate decided they
had to be ones on a list.
At one point during Christmas we had to listen to 5 different versions of It's Cold Outside.
Now that's a rapey song if I ever heard one.

It got so you knew it was your break time by what song
was playing.
Nope, nope nope, unless you control what's playing you don't want music.

We had music at Macy's, but it wasn't the same songs over and over again, so I thought it was great. I saw a blog post from someone who reviewed shipping experiences and he went on and on about the lack of music in Target and how he could hear all the walkie chatter. Of course headsets would eliminate that problem (like Sephora or AE or some other stores).

All that to say, I'd be okay with music, depending on how it was done.

Yea, we had headphones and mikes for our walkies at the book store.
I have no idea why Spot wouldn't rather have things be a little bit more professional and at least have the folks on the floor equipped with them.

I have no idea why Spot wouldn't rather have things be a little bit more professional and at least have the folks on the floor equipped with them.

They tried the headsets at my store but wanted us to share. In ear sets - um no!
The store I was at has some in-ear ones, most people just claim them for themselves, thus eliminating the sharing. However that means there aren't enough to go around. Plus they are rather uncomfortable and you have the wire getting in the way and if someone really loud starts talking, you basically go deaf.

They tried the headsets at my store but wanted us to share. In ear sets - um no!
The store I was at has some in-ear ones, most people just claim them for themselves, thus eliminating the sharing. However that means there aren't enough to go around. Plus they are rather uncomfortable and you have the wire getting in the way and if someone really loud starts talking, you basically go deaf.

Precisely why I won't wear one. Some people are so loud and I do not want to lose my hearing (and mind) over having walkie noise right in my ear!!!

Personally I would love the in-ear headsets if we could each get our own.. Sharing them with god-only-knows how many team members who may or may not have good hygeine. No thanks.

At the store each one was labeled with the name of the employee.
I don't know how well that would work at Target but why not?
And you could adjust the volume.

They did at one time. Everybody had to wear them. Lasted a few months. I did not like them as you could be speaking to a guest and have this thing going off in your ear. At first we all put them on as told then people would let them hang around their necks instead because it was hard to set end caps, pull stuff etc. with them on. Then we would only wear them for visits. It was in one of those visits we were told the were no longer brand. Never got an offical reason why.

You DO NOT want music.

If the music vendor would be anything like what we had at KFart... No... The music was on an 10-hour rotation that changed very couple of weeks. If you worked there enough, you predict what song was coming on next. And Kmart tried to appeal to teenagers, by playing more top 40/recent hits... Problem was, those were played 3x the volume of the other songs they played.

And oh yea, they played advertisements over the speakers too. Those were on an hourly rotation, and during busy periods happened every 5-10 minutes... You could tell time based on whatever announcement was playing.

Christmas time was even worse. One year the songs were on a 4-hour rotation. During a 12-hour shift, you would hear the same song 3x times... Gross.

You DO NOT want music.

If the music vendor would be anything like what we had at KFart... No... The music was on an 10-hour rotation that changed very couple of weeks. If you worked there enough, you predict what song was coming on next. And Kmart tried to appeal to teenagers, by playing more top 40/recent hits... Problem was, those were played 3x the volume of the other songs they played.

And oh yea, they played advertisements over the speakers too. Those were on an hourly rotation, and during busy periods happened every 5-10 minutes... You could tell time based on whatever announcement was playing.

Christmas time was even worse. One year the songs were on a 4-hour rotation. During a 12-hour shift, you would hear the same song 3x times... Gross.

Old navy the ads were every 15min. Same three ads. It was one of the reasons I quit.

You DO NOT want music.

Old navy the ads were every 15min. Same three ads. It was one of the reasons I quit.

Did they interrupt the songs too? I hated that. Made it more noticeable AND always happened during the songs I liked.

We also had winter AD's still playing in May and Christmas music playing in October.

When I worked at ShopRite, I heard Annie Lennox's No More I Love Yous, The Corr's Breathless, Gabrielle's Dreams, and Dionne Warwick's I Say a Little Prayer for You on a daily basis. Plus they had an announcement every hour about Heeleys not being permitted in store (I think they still have it... does anyone wear them anymore??)

Although the worst was in January and now July where this would play every 15 minutes...

When I worked at ShopRite, I heard Annie Lennox's No More I Love Yous, The Corr's Breathless, Gabrielle's Dreams, and Dionne Warwick's I Say a Little Prayer for You on a daily basis. Plus they had an announcement every hour about Heeleys not being permitted in store (I think they still have it... does anyone wear them anymore??)

Although the worst was in January and now July where this would play every 15 minutes...

When I would go in to ShopRite, hey where else are you going to find a tower of kosher for Passover motza, I wondered what it would be like to listen to that day in and day out.

When I would go in to ShopRite, hey where else are you going to find a tower of kosher for Passover motza, I wondered what it would be like to listen to that day in and day out.

Kmart had a shopping cart safety announcement and an hourly associate announcement, "Attention Kmart associates! It's time for a safety sweep! Take the time now to review your work area for safety issues. Have a safe day!"

And at 15 minutes and 5 minutes before store open, an announcement would play reminding cashiers to ask customers for Sears credit cards and sell ESP's. "Good morning Kmart announcements. While working today, don't forgot to ask your customers about blah, blah, blah. Don't forget, you get a commission with every Smart Plan and Sears card you sell! Have a great Sears card day!"

@bullseyekindaguy

I swear whoever decided to inflict, "Have a Sears card day!" on the employees, should have a few thousand of the cards that have been dipped in cat urine fired out of a cannon at his nude body.

Yes the little horrid children STILL wear heelies :mad:

Yep. I see kids rolling around the store just about every day. My store is so big that I wish they made them in my size.

Blue Light Specials! I haven't been inside a Kmart since I was a kid because the one near me closed several years ago.

Yes the little horrid children STILL wear heelies :mad:

Seriously? I thought those stopped being a thing at least a few years ago. Even the evil little tweenage bastards that come into my other work don't wear heelies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back