Archived Question about the next day, I'm supposed to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this was first for my question about what a meet and greet was thread, but now that I've had it and orientation(oct 30th) I'm not entirely sure when I come in next. I was informed that I would be called on Sunday(November 1) with the scheduling, but that never happened. However, I remember from being called in for the orientation, that the HR, had still said that my originally scheduled orientation on Nov 8th, would still be active? So I'm pretty confused..., since there's two different answers? Do you think I should call HR today?

Last edited:
I'm new here, and haven't quite got the job just yet. I went through the the first and second interview recently for a seasonal cashier position. I thought they went pretty well, everyone was very friendly. The second interviewer, had mentioned at the end that I'd be getting a call for a meet, and greet. Sure enough I got one later on in the evening of that day, to schedule one. I'm just wondering what a meet and greet actually is? Another interview perhaps? I'm sorry if this has already been asked, as again i'm new to this forum.
At my store it's kind of a meet and greet mixed with an informal interview. My STL wants people to be enthusiastic/VIBE right from the start so he wants to see that during the meet and greet. Usually he'll ask a few questions, but not from a packet like your first two interviews.

At my store it's kind of a meet and greet mixed with an informal interview. My STL wants people to be enthusiastic/VIBE right from the start so he wants to see that during the meet and greet. Usually he'll ask a few questions, but not from a packet like your first two interviews.

This makes much more sense to me now. I tend to overthink interview things. So this is a relief, finding out it's like that. Thank you so much!

I got the job! :D I have my orientation on October 30th! Gosh I'm so excited, I need to go buy the uniform today! *^*

Yes this was first for my question about what a meet and greet was thread, but now that I've had it and orientation(oct 30th) I'm not entirely sure when I come in next. I was informed that I would be called on Sunday(November 1) with the scheduling, but that never happened. However, I remember from being called in for the orientation, that the HR, had still said that my originally scheduled orientation on Nov 8th, would still be active? So I'm pretty confused..., since there's two different answers? Do you think I should call HR today?
Orientations get shifted because they are trying to get as many new TMs in as possible. Call the store's HR and double check it.

Orientations get shifted because they are trying to get as many new TMs in as possible. Call the store's HR and double check it.
Well it's not so much an orientation, as I've had that(on October 30th). It's more of..., I'm confused as to when I go in for training? They had stated we'd be getting a call on Nov. 1, with the training schedule? That didn't happen though, since received no call.

They didn't give you your temp schedule at orientation?

They didn't give you your temp schedule at orientation?
The things we were given was, of course the folder with the handbook, and our team member number. The only thing they had said towards the training schedule was, that we'd be called on November 1rst with it. >_>

You might want to give a call to HR and ask what's goin' on
I just called, and the woman I'm supposed to speak too, doesn't get in till 5pm. Hopefully I'll have an answer when I call around that time. Thanks so much you guys!

Well I called three times now(over a course of days), and every time I call, they say the person I'm supposed to talk too is either not in yet, or on break.:/ They've taken my name down(2 times now), and told me they'd have her call me, but still nothing. It's a little upsetting being left in the dark. Hopefully I get a call at some point....

Ask for the Lod & they should be able to tell you.
The thing is, that's who I was sent too, and they were the ones who wrote my name down. xD I don't know it's a mess, I'm hoping they call before November 8th. As that is when my 'old' orientation was supposed to be held. However I was called in to have it October 30th. During that call the HR had said that the 8th would still be effective, but what confused me so much is. When I got there on the 30th, at the end of it. They had told me the training schedule would be called to us on November 1rst. So it's mixed info that's confusing, and I wanted to clear up with the HR. It's just so hard to get a hold of her, and the LOD, says she's the only one who can help??? It's like do I show up on the 8th? Or do I not, it's a mess. xD I wish I had exchanged info with the other group of new hiree's, but alas I didn't think it'd be this confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back