Raise coming

Yeah, already got our shitty raises are getting dumped into Workday with I'm guessing no chance to discuss. Of course this has been SOP at my store for over a decade....

I found it amusing that the raises show up before your actual review.

I know numerous TMs that got under $0.20 raises.

I am expecting another wave of people quitting.

Target TMs can switch jobs even to other retailers AND negotiate much higher wages and schedules.
My last 5 raises have been fifty cent’ every time. Still thankful 🥹

We got a “raise” with the addition of Guild Education benefits. You can train for a better job and quality of life for the rest of your life now if you take advantage of it and Target is paying for it
We got a “raise” with the accessibility of full time benefits to those averaging 25 hours. I can’t begin to recount what I went through to maintain full time benefit status over the years to be sure my family had health insurance. …inc swallowing my pride or working under inexperienced leaders much less picking up undesirable shifts any chance I could get. I had to average over 32 hrs for that before the ACA made it 30. And at that the required 32 hrs average was lower in my state than most at the time. Others had it worse.
We got a “raise” when Target paid us emergency time for getting a Covid vac to help protect us and our health and subsequently the health of our loved ones nearby.
We got a “raise” when Target gave us free virtual doctor visits
We got a “raise” (as it is now coming to light in the Wall Street news) when Target absorbed the huge cost of this all as well as the fuel/transportation cost surge without wanting to significantly raise prices and scare away guests that we depend on.

ya’ all feel the way you feel about your raises …can’t be denied
Inflation is terrible now …can’t be denied
Don’t get your feet stuck in the mud and muck and let an attitude take you down cause we’re blaming target for .50
…just do better

Last edited:
We got a “raise” with the addition of Guild Education benefits. You can train for a better job and quality of life for the rest of your life now if you take advantage of it and Target is paying for it
We got a “raise” with the accessibility of full time benefits to those averaging 25 hours. I can’t begin to recount what I went through to maintain full time benefit status over the years to be sure my family had health insurance. …inc swallowing my pride or working under inexperienced leaders much less picking up undesirable shifts any chance I could get. I had to average over 32 hrs for that before the ACA made it 30. And at that the required 32 hrs average was lowered in my state than most at the time. Others had it worse.
We got a raise when Target paid up emergency time for getting a Covid vac to help protect our and our health.
We got a raise when Target gave up free virtual doctor visits
We got a raise (as it is now coming to light in the Wall Street news) when Target absorbed the huge cost of this all as well as the fuel/transportation cost surge without wanting to significantly raise prices and scare away guests that we depend on

ya’ all feel the way you feel about your raises …can’t be denied
Inflation is terrible now …can’t be denied
Don’t get your feet stuck in the mud and muck and let an attitude take you down cause we’re blaming target for .50
…just do better
I understand your point. I would have quit so many times but I stay for the benefits. Comparing Target to other jobs I get much more from benefits that I do from hourly pay. Wouldn’t be worth it for me to go somewhere else for a dollar a hour more per hour if the benefits weren’t matched.

Target’s benefits are competitive but that’s not why I stay. I stay because I appreciate my companies values and principles. Target gave me a chance. Target is a great company to work for and the United States is the best country to live in. God bless us all. I hope Target has my back. I have everything invested in you. Please keep my identity safe and secure.

Last edited:
I understand your point. I would have quit so many times but I stay for the benefits. Comparing Target to other jobs I get much more from benefits that I do from hourly pay. Wouldn’t be worth it for me to go somewhere else for a dollar a hour more per hour if the benefits weren’t matched.
Target's health insurance is one of the worst I've seen. Had an emergency room visit last year that cost $1400.. my insurance wiped ~$100 from the bill. The last company I worked for reimbursed their employees for every penny they spent before hitting their deductible, and then insurance paid 100% after that.

Target's dental is pretty good though.

Target's health insurance is one of the worst I've seen. Had an emergency room visit last year that cost $1400.. my insurance wiped ~$100 from the bill. The last company I worked for reimbursed their employees for every penny they spent before hitting their deductible, and then insurance paid 100% after that.

Health insurance is a blessing.

Depends on what you choose for the health plans available. I use the Bind plan Target offers and an ER visit for me is $450 copay, no deductible. A lot of routine things are 100% covered and if they are not, prices are up front so you know what to expect.

Depends on what you choose for the health plans available. I use the Bind plan Target offers and an ER visit for me is $450 copay, no deductible. A lot of routine things are 100% covered and if they are not, prices are up front so you know what to expect.
Maybe it's location dependent because both the HRA and HSA offered where I am are pretty bad.

I found it amusing that the raises show up before your actual review.

I know numerous TMs that got under $0.20 raises.

I am expecting another wave of people quitting.

Target TMs can switch jobs even to other retailers AND negotiate much higher wages and schedules.
I got a .11 cent raise once then the 2 dollar bump, then a .30 cent.

I definitely started applying around , got a job at 26 an hour.

what was your last company? Might be interested in jumping ship for that medical plan.

what was your last company? Might be interested in jumping ship for that medical plan.
Workers need to look at the benefits packages and not just hourly rates.

For example a friend of mine took a couple of bucks an hour less in pay because his boss paid for the rest of his degree (directly not a reimbursement).

That was worth at least $10K.

Target’s benefits are competitive but that’s not why I stay. I stay because I appreciate my companies values and principles. Target gave me a chance. Target is a great company to work for and the United States is the best country to live in. God bless us all. I hope Target has my back. I have everything invested in you. Please keep my identity safe and secure.
This isn’t a target sponsored site.

I left target for a dollar less an hour (I was at $18, not $15) because my new job gives me 5 weeks pto, we’re closed all holidays (11 paid holidays off), they pay for employees health insurance so I only have to pay for my family, I get $2000 hsa money (target gave $1000), I’ve received $2 in raises in the last year, and the company has a bit of a google vibe. Positive uplifting happy vibe every day at work.
I agree targets benefits aren’t bad, but there is better out there.

I got my performance review and that's the only raise I've gotten. I hear rumors there might be one this summer, that would make sense with seasonal hiring.

I'm just pissed that wages haven't kept up with inflation.

Workers need to look at the benefits packages and not just hourly rates.

For example a friend of mine took a couple of bucks an hour less in pay because his boss paid for the rest of his degree (directly not a reimbursement).

That was worth at least $10K.
Yep. I get five weeks of childcare over the summer for $40 a week, saving me $1500 every summer. That’s a 72c a hour raise as far as I’m concerned.

I disagree I think Targets insurance is awesome!! When I had a hysterectomy I didn’t have to come out of pocket much.

I disagree I think Targets insurance is awesome!! When I had a hysterectomy I didn’t have to come out of pocket much.
Curious what plan you have. Dcs either HRA or HSA plans either one with pretty much any surgery you’ll hit your out of pocket max before target starts chipping in, to the tune of 8-10 thousand. I think that’s a little more than what you’re describing, unlss you’re independently wealthy and work for fun.

I have had Bind for the past 3 years. I like it. You just buy add ins. You don’t have to pay a deductible. That’s why it’s nice.

Last edited:
Back