Archived recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, huddle time is very useful (recognition, updates, important info) and a welcome break to the daily grind
Yeah well can't forget huddle is a good .5 hours wasted in payroll... Haha

I dont think Huddle is about payroll or huddle project. Its about the culture of the team. Your scope is real small if you are worrying about .5 hours. If you used to be a GSA did you even go to huddle? Our GSAs rarely do.

They hold off evening huddle specifically for the GSA to get back from break at my store. They have to be there to update on front end stuff, Redcards, etc. Though since I'm at that point, sometimes the LOD will hold huddle anyway and turn to me and say, "RG how are things going up front?" As if I have some sort of clue....which is hit or miss.

I dont think Huddle is about payroll or huddle project. Its about the culture of the team. Your scope is real small if you are worrying about .5 hours. If you used to be a GSA did you even go to huddle? Our GSAs rarely do.

I went once in a while, mostly if it was close to the lanes... Or if I was working sales floor. Its honestly a waste... Yeah its for culture, but we all know thats fake.

What really throws me is when they have Front End Huddles, and have sales floor TMs take over for cashiers... TLOD will call off all these metrics that honestly half of the cashiers probably have no clue what they're about (and to be honest, don't care). It all comes off as super cheesy.

Now if Target developed a positive work culture all around, instead of trying to be fake, I think more people would enjoy huddle. But when you have management screwing you in the ass in numerous ways, we all know huddle is all about making it "look like" there is some sort of positive work culture.

With 12 people at huddle that's 12 X 0.5 = 6 hours, which is a meaningful amount of time wasted. Huddle and a project oftens eats up a full hour, which for presentation team of 6 means 6 fewer man-hours to set and push.

Huddles should be timed and held to that, strictly. We go over exactly what is on the huddle sheet. There is no reason to go on and on about a new procedure on the cash register if the flow team make up 90% of the people at the huddle. Sure mention it and go on. Most people view the huddle as nothing more than wasting precious time to get the ever increasing workload done in less and less time. If you are going to use it for recognition then make it count. Do not do a blanket "great job plano for the Easter set" Pick out one or two people and thank them for going above and beyond. Do NOT thank people for simply doing what is expected. If you continue to reward mediocrity that is exactly what you are going to get.

What really throws me is when they have Front End Huddles, and have sales floor TMs take over for cashiers... TLOD will call off all these metrics that honestly half of the cashiers probably have no clue what they're about (and to be honest, don't care). It all comes off as super cheesy.

I wish my store did that (...or had enough sales floor TMs scheduled to be able to pull it off, anyways)! At my store, the only way cashiers are ever informed about anything going on in the store is if they're at the opening huddle - a 10-yard-or-so walk between Starbucks and the lanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back