Archived recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told that Starbucks was now only for exceptional recognition (read: amazing job, MS ETL - have a Starbucks!) and that all other recognition should be a candy bar or a VIBE card. Why, I know that getting a VIBE card keeps me as toasty feeling as a latte.

We were told that Starbucks was now only for exceptional recognition (read: amazing job, MS ETL - have a Starbucks!) and that all other recognition should be a candy bar or a VIBE card. Why, I know that getting a VIBE card keeps me as toasty feeling as a latte.

Huh...our store was told we don't have to requisition Starbucks

Here is the simple solution to the cuts in the 549 account that I am sure before too long many stores will implement... just stop actually requisitioning the starbucks drinks, food ave items, and qmos food items from market. This was already happening last year at a store in my district. And it was the stl who said to do it that way! lol

A nice chunk of the 549 goes for the quarterly ETL outings.

Are p cards tied to the 549? Our TL and ETL outings go on the 2 p cards we have floating around. I don't think the p cards are in the same store pool as the 549.

yes, pcards come out of 549.

our stl tried to have a tl/etl outing. only the etls and a couple of srtl showed up, and none of them stayed for the entire thing except the stl and hr.

i personally think they should do away with any type of prize recognition except mandated by hq. then the $$ that shouldve went for recognition should be split among all hourly tm. id take $150.

A nice chunk of the 549 goes for the quarterly ETL outings.

Are p cards tied to the 549? Our TL and ETL outings go on the 2 p cards we have floating around. I don't think the p cards are in the same store pool as the 549.

Not all P card purchases are tied to 549. It depends what you are buying. P cards are used to pay for a lot of things, like the $2,000 we spent to rent barricades for black friday.

our stl tried to have a tl/etl outing. only the etls and a couple of srtl showed up, and none of them stayed for the entire thing except the stl and hr.

i personally think they should do away with any type of prize recognition except mandated by hq. then the $$ that shouldve went for recognition should be split among all hourly tm. id take $150.

If by p-card you mean a store level Visa, then that is what they use. The STL needs to allocate purchased made with the card to the correct account. Gas for the snow blower, ETL outing, etc.

If by p-card you mean a store level Visa, then that is what they use. The STL needs to allocate purchased made with the card to the correct account. Gas for the snow blower, ETL outing, etc.

That's correct. It does buy pizza for the team too.

SNOW BLOWER? Y'all have a snow blower? Our poor cart attendant was out there with a shovel this week (although I have to hand it to my STL, he was at the other door with another shovel!

SNOW BLOWER? Y'all have a snow blower? Our poor cart attendant was out there with a shovel this week (although I have to hand it to my STL, he was at the other door with another shovel!

CART ATTENDANT? Y'all have a cart attendant? Our cart attendant hours were cut out of every. Single. Day. Last week. Our LOD had to shovel.

Hey, it actually snows in some cities. Minot, North Dakota. Buffalo, NY. A snow blower is as essential as irrigation for the landscaping in the dry cities.

Hey, it actually snows in some cities. Minot, North Dakota. Buffalo, NY. A snow blower is as essential as irrigation for the landscaping in the dry cities.
It snows where I am too...quite a bit, actually...we just don't get a snow blower, only shovels and ice melt...

It snows where I am too...quite a bit, actually...we just don't get a snow blower, only shovels and ice melt...

I am sure your SFT can order one from one of the vendors he has access to off of TIPP. Grainger for instance. SFT's have less approval hoops to jump through. An ETL-Log has to get approval for things like flats/tubs/2-tier carts. The SFT can order them and it is approved with no red tape.

I am sure your SFT can order one from one of the vendors he has access to off of TIPP. Grainger for instance. SFT's have less approval hoops to jump through. An ETL-Log has to get approval for things like flats/tubs/2-tier carts. The SFT can order them and it is approved with no red tape.

Yes, but the SFT has a monthly budget. They are not just going to "order" stuff for you. There's different things that have to be submitted and approved for SFTs as well.

Same goes for signing and fixtures. There's things we need but I can't order them because they want it to go through CAPEX and there is no money in the budget. So we make do with what we have now.

I'm in one of those snowy areas. Since we're in a plaza, the developer is in charge of making sure the parking lot is plowed and salted, but the cleaning crew shovels overnight if needed. The cart attendants are usually only responsible for salting the sidewalk (upon LOD request), but sometimes they'll shovel in front of the doors.

Huddle for my store is huddle then help work the trucks.

Same here. Every truck day we have a "smart huddle" in C and D.

My CTL told me to stop going to huddles unless they beg me to come up. Since they cut our pfresh hours to 8am-8pm I have no time for that. Typically our smart huddle would be reshop, or zoning sonmething in apparel

I was so excited the Saturday I was working hardlines and the LOD had me go around the store and find the worst looking area...and that area would be our mid-day zone/smart huddle. I took it super seriously, found the spot and reported back to the LOD. Turns out, the reason he had me do it was because I was the only one who would be doing it. And he gave up on that when I kept getting called up for back up.

There was PB&J in the break room? That's news to me!!

Yeah well can't forget huddle is a good .5 hours wasted in payroll... Haha

I dont think Huddle is about payroll or huddle project. Its about the culture of the team. Your scope is real small if you are worrying about .5 hours. If you used to be a GSA did you even go to huddle? Our GSAs rarely do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back