Archived Red Card Cashier incentives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
What are some ideas for some incentives for red cards for top performing cashiers?

We give a $25 gift card to the top two to any restaurant they choose from the dining gift cards we carry.

When my store does them, they would get $5 to the store for two (or one depending on how badly we were missing goal) along with free food. Sometimes they do dumb games where an ETL or TL has to do something like get a pie to the face, but I don't notice an uptick or even an interest from cashiers.

Lol, I remember those days and trying to motivate cashiers by getting to throw a pie in the face on the ETLs or STL. I agree, it hardly ever worked.

But gift card incentives sound nice, that would motivate me some.

That escalated quickly... o_O

So how much do they still push their Red Cards?

There's no longer the 10% off incentive right?

When my store does them, they would get $5 to the store for two (or one depending on how badly we were missing goal) along with free food. Sometimes they do dumb games where an ETL or TL has to do something like get a pie to the face, but I don't notice an uptick or even an interest from cashiers.

These are the worst, cashiers at my store are generally self absorbed older ladies.

I enjoy these ladies but the typical profile is 50 or so, kids away at college, brags a lot and talks about how much their husband makes.

I find they love personal recognition, some like being complimented on the walkie, gift cards or seeing their name on the red card board. Etls doing stupid stuff, who cares? This isnt a frat party.

Top 2 for the week?
yep, we've been told a few times that we're not using our 549 account and theres too much money left in the budget and we need to think of ways to use it. So we've been doing that and it's shown, the past 4 weeks we've been averaging 125% of goal for the week.

Honestly, in the eyes of any GSTL, I'm not a good model cashier. I hate asking for Redcards, so I won't. Unless they're talking about saving money w/ Cart wheel and I notice they don't have a RC or if their purchase is like $300+ or they're buying a bunch of really expensive stuff.

I've got 11 Redcards, with one not counting because they went to Guest Service to sign up, and I only worked for 2 of them lol.

My store likes to do a lot of pies to the face, dressing up a TL as the opposite gender, and a bunch of games. Some times they do free food from Food Ave or Starbucks or give 15-20 minute longer breaks. Never in my half a year of being here have they offered gift cards.

I will never understand how giving incentives to TMs will somehow make the GUEST want a Red Card.
It's to try to get the cashiers to convince the guest to want a red card. I'd be the type of guest who would always assume everything is too good to be true and would ignore the cashier. But the right cashier with the right argument could convince me to get one. Most (all?) cashiers wouldn't talk about red cards at all if they weren't told to do it. Some still won't unless they are threatened. Some still won't unless they get something positive out of it. That's why some stores try incentives - to get certain cashiers to ask at all and then to get other cashiers (who already ask) to try harder.

Making a wage and keeping your job isn't enough of an incentive?

I take it you're a GSTL? Irritated that your team doesnt sell enough red cards? I used to cashier and the only reason I got RCs was because I cared about my GSTL. He knew asking sucked but he asked us to try and didnt beat us up when we failed. We had another GSTL, he was like you. He insisted it was our job (true) but said to suck it up and do it and berated us when we failed. He didnt last very long, just a hint for you.

Last edited:
It's to try to get the cashiers to convince the guest to want a red card. I'd be the type of guest who would always assume everything is too good to be true and would ignore the cashier. But the right cashier with the right argument could convince me to get one. Most (all?) cashiers wouldn't talk about red cards at all if they weren't told to do it. Some still won't unless they are threatened. Some still won't unless they get something positive out of it. That's why some stores try incentives - to get certain cashiers to ask at all and then to get other cashiers (who already ask) to try harder.

Bingo asking for red cards is repetitive and you get turned down a lot. It takes a special salesman or a motivated cashier to get them sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back