Archived Should be a prosperous fourth quarter for TMs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 9, 2018
Target teams across the U.S. are getting ready for the most important (and fun!) shopping season of the year, and this holiday is expected to be one of our busiest yet.

To make sure we’re fully staffed and ready to serve guests during the holidays, we’re giving our current team members the chance to add the extra hours they want to their schedules—

And we’re in the process of hiring more than 120,000 seasonal team members to help them out.

All new hires will start at or above $12 an hour, be eligible for our compelling benefits, including our new work.win.give. appreciation program (read about it here) and lots more.

So does that mean that the new hires could possibly be making more than the veterans? If so that is so not right since we have to train them. Not good for store morale.
No. New hires will never make more (assuming same position), but they 100% could be making the same as veterans, which is an issue but not as bad.

Not sure were the hours are because we got sent home today at 8am today and now have 2 trucks worth of push for tommarow because were cutting hours again

Thinking you won't get caught up tomorrow either if your store is low on hours like mine. My store has been cutting left and right. One of my shifts for this week got canceled LAST week.

Today Saturday the forecast is 250 K, well last Saturday we did 260 K so I am sure we will exceed this forecast !
with a lot of guest first for check lanes.

canNOT possibly push a truck with these outrageous forecasts !!

October 9, 2018

To make sure we’re fully staffed and ready to serve guests during the holidays, we’re giving our current team members the chance to add the extra hours they want to their schedules—
I just googled that quote. The first result was the article that you got that from, obviously. The second result was the same article from last year, and we all know the "extra hours" talk is nearly always bullshit.

October 13, 2017
The holidays are around the corner, and our teams at stores and distribution facilities across the U.S. are getting ready for the busiest (and most fun!) shopping season of the year. To make sure we’re fully staffed and ready to serve guests, we’re giving our current team members the chance to add the extra hours they want to their schedules—and we’re in the midst of hiring more than 100,000 seasonal team members to help them out.

I just googled that quote. The first result was the article that you got that from, obviously. The second result was the same article from last year, and we all know the "extra hours" talk is nearly always bullshit.

October 13, 2017
The holidays are around the corner, and our teams at stores and distribution facilities across the U.S. are getting ready for the busiest (and most fun!) shopping season of the year. To make sure we’re fully staffed and ready to serve guests, we’re giving our current team members the chance to add the extra hours they want to their schedules—and we’re in the midst of hiring more than 100,000 seasonal team members to help them out.
Copy, paste, repeat. 😆

I'd be curious to see what our forecasts end up being for this year. We topped $450K on some busy days last season, and this year we're expanded SFS, which should inflate things even further.

I don't give a flying fuck.

ourHaOw.gif

I'll say it, some new hires are dingleberries. You train them the right way and they still make a mess of everything

They have to hire extra season workers because 80% of them will quit when they see what the job entails for a pitiful $12.

PR Department: "They fell for it last year, why bother writing new copy? Nobody will notice anyway."
Repetition sans positive effect is, indeed, an indication of lack of reference and foresight.

Some stores are having additional hiring fairs because the store hasn't filled their quota or more likely, the seasonals they hired quit only a few shifts in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back