MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Side note--give yourself plenty of time to build the two focal EC's. I think they're estimated at about 2 hours each, took me longer due to the ridiculously tiny screws.

got my NIGHTMARE pallet of BTS bins today, was about 10 feet long and about my height...
The pallet ours came on just completely fell apart when it was pulled off the truck. It's just sitting in a pile on one of the docks right now and the signing TM is probably going to have to move it box by box.

Well I got my stuff. Mother if God!!!!BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR!!!:confused::eek:o_O

@Dragonlady thanks for the warning!!! I will take heed!!

3 GIANT pallets that would rival jacks bean stalk. AND DOES IT NOT OCCUR TO anyone THAT IF THEY SENT SOME OF IT EARLIER I COULD START THE 70 HR work load and not hold the poggies up????
The bin pallet???? Yeah, squished on bottom :D and in the middleish areas. 15-17 boxes stacked. Who tf is working at that dc???? AND APPROVING that crap???

I also didn't get any backing paper, but it wasn't missing on the packing slip so I'm guessing it will come through FedEx or on next Monday's pallets. Hope I at least get a day to start prebuilding this week, I've been scheduled planograms everyday because my stores POG team has been at another store for the last week and a half.. at least since there's still so much patio in seasonal left I doubt they will be able to set much come Monday anyway that would need shippers. That vacuum wall man so much changing around.

I also didn't get any backing paper, but it wasn't missing on the packing slip so I'm guessing it will come through FedEx or on next Monday's pallets. Hope I at least get a day to start prebuilding this week, I've been scheduled planograms everyday because my stores POG team has been at another store for the last week and a half.. at least since there's still so much patio in seasonal left I doubt they will be able to set much come Monday anyway that would need shippers. That vacuum wall man so much changing around.
We're doing vacuums tomorrow...no idea when vendor will show to set displays.

Chain set for bts...they were supposed to get me hours next week to pre build...I got softlines shifts instead. Fucks.

Finished the wall as well. The fixtures meant to keep stick vacuums standing could do with another 2 inches at least because they barely touch the displays if you have lowhanging cse's. I had to ziptie a few because I sensed danger

finally finished the vacuum wall today. does anyone have any tips for finding the actual product dpci for the class 94 displays? i was trying to put up the display labels they sent and the descriptions were to vague or not helpful at all. the line listing wasn't of any use, at least for me. i know the new displays that came in, some of them had it on the box, but some didn't. any help? sorry im still pretty new to signing.

finally finished the vacuum wall today. does anyone have any tips for finding the actual product dpci for the class 94 displays? i was trying to put up the display labels they sent and the descriptions were to vague or not helpful at all. the line listing wasn't of any use, at least for me. i know the new displays that came in, some of them had it on the box, but some didn't. any help? sorry im still pretty new to signing.
It's tricky sometimes to find the product dpci when the descriptions given for the displays aren't clear on the pog, but luckily for vacuums you should have received the box with 3 by 10 inch signs for each display, and they all have a picture/dpci of the product they are for.
btw, if you at least have a name like Shark hepa or something like that, you can just type that into a mydevice/your phone and check your stores inventory/target.com and just match either the picture, the price or whatever information you have.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, after unpacking the Big Blue this morning I didn't get a lick of backer paper either, unless for some intelligence-forsaken reason they decided to cram it into the other boxes.

For what it's worth: the DC does not assemble these. The ISM pallets are assembled and wrapped by a 3rd party, and the DC only receives them and redirects them to their proper stores. Please redirect your fist waving in the air toward a different mythical location.. it is not the DC's fault for their stacking that could frankly win neither a tetris nor a jenga tournament's qualifying round.

It's tricky sometimes to find the product dpci when the descriptions given for the displays aren't clear on the pog, but luckily for vacuums you should have received the box with 3 by 10 inch signs for each display, and they all have a picture/dpci of the product they are for.
btw, if you at least have a name like Shark hepa or something like that, you can just type that into a mydevice/your phone and check your stores inventory/target.com and just match either the picture, the price or whatever information you have.

ok thank you! yea i had no problem wit the 3 by 10 signs, just the yellow shelf display labels. some only said as you said, "shark hepa" for the description and some only said something like "retail fixture". not very descriptive. i just wish they would put the product dpci and the fixture dpci on the same label, or at least when you scan/type the fixture dpci in the mydevice, it would then pop up with the product dpci as well.

For those of you with bts backer missing... Are you early set? If not you still have time. And honestly if not,you could always leave l&g up. The colors are off.... But not by too terribly much.

I want to know who is in charge of sending in parts for that monster focal???? WTF!!! Those screws are NEVER NEVER NEVER long enough. For real??? Sorry had to vent. Idk, whoever puts together the bake focal can be in charge of ALL focals. Only one I have ever put together that is complicated yet semi easy, stays together, looks nice and wasn't ready to trash 5 minutes in. All day Long project. Sorry had to vent.....
Have another one to build, I'm suddenly feeling ill cough cough

For those of you with bts backer missing... Are you early set? If not you still have time. And honestly if not,you could always leave l&g up. The colors are off.... But not by too terribly much.

True but lack of backer scares me, nothing worse then having to go back and put it up.

Now that I think about it, after unpacking the Big Blue this morning I didn't get a lick of backer paper either, unless for some intelligence-forsaken reason they decided to cram it into the other boxes.

For what it's worth: the DC does not assemble these. The ISM pallets are assembled and wrapped by a 3rd party, and the DC only receives them and redirects them to their proper stores. Please redirect your fist waving in the air toward a different mythical location.. it is not the DC's fault for their stacking that could frankly win neither a tetris nor a jenga tournament's qualifying round.
Super targets apparentlyhave pizza pushers does anyone have the part number

The one SuperTarget I went to had the regular 22 inch pushers, with the metal sides removed for their pizza's

If there is an actual fixture however, I would loooooove to know it, as well.

Back