MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I get one 8 hour signing shift per week. The bulk of the signing hours goes to ad prep. And my shift this week consisted of setting revisions.
Are you the signing team member? And omg it does not take that long for ad prep!

Searching "Sennco" is what finally turned up results for the plastic cases I needed with the tether mounts; thanks all =) It occurred to me after I had already ordered $100+ of them, that, hello genius, I could take the cases we already have off of the white metal boxes we have up in the steel that aren't being used this time around =P

My signing TM always gets 40 hours unless she needs a day off. In addition to the ISM workload, she does ad prep.
Man, I get about 15 hours total a week, maybe 20 depending on load, but we're not a very big store.. I don't do anything ad-related (another person does it), and probably at least one shift's worth during the week is spent scrounging up things to do, like checking for busted signs, reading transition packets, researching missing displays, etc.

So i haven't received the upcoming new release book signs for almost 2 months now (the ones that slide into the fins). Has anybody else had this problem, or did i miss some communication somewhere that they were coming down?

So i haven't received the upcoming new release book signs for almost 2 months now (the ones that slide into the fins). Has anybody else had this problem, or did i miss some communication somewhere that they were coming down?
Yeah, I almost missed it. It was on the paper in the box. You know... the one YOU NEVER EVER READ??? Because why would you need to if you know how to do it? Take it down and toss it out. It's no longer used. :D
Honestly I have no idea why I even looked at it. I just HAPPENED to look it over.

Man, I get about 15 hours total a week, maybe 20 depending on load, but we're not a very big store.. I don't do anything ad-related (another person does it), and probably at least one shift's worth during the week is spent scrounging up things to do, like checking for busted signs, reading transition packets, researching missing displays, etc.
@Dragonlady
You are supposed to get 28 hours. Per spot. I am sure I do stuff I'm sure I'm not supposed to do so.... It eats up time. I have a plan which gets screwed up. I do a weekly walk. Haha I try. Make notes. Check for missing 3x5's and 7x11's displays. End cap headers that are wrong. Softlines things that are wrong. I get pulled usually once or twice a week when I am REALLY slow. I use down time when I don't get pulled to clean my signing area and clean fixture room.

Did anyone else notice that they have completely deleted the online/weekly packing slip link? It's not just blank anymore. It's coming up like one of those url not found things.
THANKS FOR MAKING ME A LITTLE MORE HANDICAPPED SPOT

Did anyone else notice that they have completely deleted the online/weekly packing slip link?
I could never find it.. I need it so bad!

I am also badly missing the Merchandise Update redwire that just suddenly disappeared one week. Like 4-5 people including me read that thing religiously and now we're just SOL =P

I am also badly missing the Merchandise Update redwire that just suddenly disappeared one week. Like 4-5 people including me read that thing religiously and now we're just SOL =P

Merch Update now only seems available as a link from a generic weekly deals / info email, if you aren't getting it then have your ETL / whomever forward it to you / print it weekly.

A Pokemon.
Be thankful you didn't get selected for that damnable thing. Ours got painted to look like a pokeball and then the nintendo vendor appeared to verify. I discovered that our stor got selected to be in the go promoting because we have a damn pke stop in out electronics. :mad::oops:

The Merch Update is still in RedWire, you just have to know where to look. From the store view, you have to click on the LOD link; it will be in there every Tuesday.

Be thankful you didn't get selected for that damnable thing. Ours got painted to look like a pokeball and then the nintendo vendor appeared to verify. I discovered that our stor got selected to be in the go promoting because we have a damn pke stop in out electronics. :mad::oops:

My store is supposed to do this too, but my PMT and I have not found the materials for it. Do you know how everything for this was shipped, did it come on the weekly signing pallet or direct to store? What type packaging?

@Ajax11
You can also get merchandise update by going on WB. Just type it in search browser. It will come up as individual or the bulk if you click on the name I guess. I hate all the signing in you have to do now.....

Anyone have a number for double sided foam adhesive rolls? Yes... They have them on SAP, no I don't know how to search them, tried. I have some. Want to order more. Getting low, and no it doesn't have a number anywhere on it.

For the 9/4 sales planners...did the ism come on your Halloween pallet? Ctl is sweating me to break it down but I'm only seeing seasonal area not salesplanners, packing slip only shows the same...

For the 9/4 sales planners...did the ism come on your Halloween pallet? Ctl is sweating me to break it down but I'm only seeing seasonal area not salesplanners, packing slip only shows the same...

Mine was also mixed, mostly Halloween but also sales plan and softlines signing.

Back