MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Yeah it was very difficult to transport. It took flatbeds and three people to move it, which I had to do since the store was open and I couldn't take up the whole Accessories floorpad with guests shopping. All in all it took about ten hours including moving it. Although, I'm sure a veteran could've done it faster. A bunch of the plastic screws I got didn't seem to be threaded right. I don't have fingerprints anymore.

Oh yeah just putting the table and freestanding fixture sucked. I think we spent a total of 8 hours putting it together, and the projected time was 4 so that's just way off. Those big white viking screws don't secure very well, hoping they don't go anywhere since it's all supposed to last through Father's Day? Yikes.

The overhead ribbon is complicated but once you figure out how to put it together it'll go by faster. I think I would have just built the two halves, hung those separately and then joined them in the air with the wave looking back on it. It's kind of heavy and difficult to maneuver if you build the entire thing before hanging. There is a LOT of tension on those hanging cables because of swoop they want the ribbons to have.

Complete rubbish. WAAAY more complicated than they needed to be. All that time and frustration for something so ephemeral...
Oh spot why not just set it in mini like you used to set it in seasonal? Why spend the hours setting that worthless set in mini (ours was more than half flexed and the label strips tossed by day two) when we could skip the hours of putting together those fixtures for global and hours of setting a worthless, what will be backstock, set in mini; and just set global in mini?

And yes I know it meant hrs for ISM team members.

Because they want to "disrupt" guests into running into it and forcing them to look at the product.

Or something. I dunno, I think they just want people to smash into the things with carts honestly.

Because they want to "disrupt" guests into running into it and forcing them to look at the product.

Or something. I dunno, I think they just want people to smash into the things with carts honestly.
Are you guys putting it in the racetrack? No way is that flying in our district. Hotel lobby is defended before eveeything right now.

I've just been asked to pre-build some or all of the global shop stuff for tomorrow. Any advice on which of the 8 kits I should start with? I don't want to break open a box just to realize I can't start it in the backroom.

I've just been asked to pre-build some or all of the global shop stuff for tomorrow. Any advice on which of the 8 kits I should start with? I don't want to break open a box just to realize I can't start it in the backroom.

If I recall kits 1-5 go together and they make the standalone fixture, the others go on the table.

The table is actually pretty fast to do, the standalone part is the harder piece. The problem is everything connects together. I think box 5 has the instructions, so look at that and see what you feel comfortable with pre-building to move for later.

I'm fairly sure Box 3 had the instructions for the standalone. Like Tyrant said though, you can't get very far prebuilding because it is all connected.

I'm fairly sure Box 3 had the instructions for the standalone. Like Tyrant said though, you can't get very far prebuilding because it is all connected.
The pink stickers have the sap number on them. I printed out a spare copy before I started. The build doesn't go in order of 1-5. You jump around lots.

The pink stickers have the sap number on them. I printed out a spare copy before I started. The build doesn't go in order of 1-5. You jump around lots.

If you MySupport the instructions (I know, I know, be as specific as you can) they can often send you back a .PDF of the instructions you can print.

If they don't it will just be a response that is completely unrelated, but its worth a shot.

If you MySupport the instructions (I know, I know, be as specific as you can) they can often send you back a .PDF of the instructions you can print.

If they don't it will just be a response that is completely unrelated, but its worth a shot.
They are trying to put the pdf link right on sap.

Kinda hoping I don't get my signing pallet today just because I have no idea if last week's got unpacked or not :/

Plattsburgh, New York. Interesting.

If you Google a store number, you can find out, because the Target website uses the store number in the URL.
Ny is our dc so it makes sense. Now I've got to mysupport the low wall for plastics that I'm missing as a result.

Back