MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone have any idea how these large shoe headers are supposed to go up? There is no instructions in the box and I literally have no idea how to hang them.

What size are they? Signs I got in this week were the panels that go behind the benches, main aisle headers, stepdown signing which uses left/right metal brackets now, end cap signs that go in a plastic holder and hang on the top of the endcap. Any of that sound like what you have?

What size are they? Signs I got in this week were the panels that go behind the benches, main aisle headers, stepdown signing which uses left/right metal brackets now, end cap signs that go in a plastic holder and hang on the top of the endcap. Any of that sound like what you have?

I am pretty sure they are bench signs. They were tall as a gondola but 3ft wide. I just kinda looked at them quickly but I didn't see a way to hang them?

I am pretty sure they are bench signs. They were tall as a gondola but 3ft wide. I just kinda looked at them quickly but I didn't see a way to hang them?

If it's the picture I posted... same here. It doesn't seem to be set up like the previous sign so it can simply be swapped out. Was wondering if there was some new fixture to go with it.

Anybody else have to deal with people not knowing how to use the new ad signs with the clear tops and instead of removing the adhesive at the top they remove it on the bottom and the sale sign gets stuck to everything? It's unnerving.

If it's the picture I posted... same here. It doesn't seem to be set up like the previous sign so it can simply be swapped out. Was wondering if there was some new fixture to go with it.

Very similar, but mine belonged in shoes. I did see that sign but I didn't pull it out.

Very similar, but mine belonged in shoes. I did see that sign but I didn't pull it out.

Toca Boca... seems to be for the 3 foot endcap where the bench is between boys and girls with Spot the dog sitting on it. Haven't seen the shoe one yet but we're still trying to put that dept together. TOO much clearance. ><

I'll send you a pic tomorrow but I use the rings that came included and then wrap them around themselves. I also regularly order more just in case I run out like I did during X-mas.

I do have the rings, I just don't know how to properly do it. The picture will definitely help, thanks!

By size I group them into piles of 10, then coil them around itself & put them into snack size bags (if they are not already in the bag they get shipped in) which I then keep in one of those buckets the giant candy canes come in during Christmas. Any loose ones that I can't make into a group of 10 go on the rings they sent and hang from my signing cart. Keeps everything from becoming so tangled.

My shoes bench signs slide into a metal holder from the top down which I think is attached to the bench. So the signs end up right behind where you sit to try on shoes. But I have had these holders forever and am not going thru a remodel so I can't say what new ones might look like.

Check WB for the new VMG for boys/girls and see if there is anything in there about how to hang the sign. Or give it to your VML and let them figure it out, lol!

this is how I store mine. I have two of these. These are photo organizers we sold the year they came out. Michael's sells a rainbow double box with two more tubs. Someone with a pcard with a 60% coupon would spend around 20 bucks.

Attachments

• 20170719_072823.png
    20170719_072823.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
kdE1rrXr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kdE1rrXr.jpg

I need this plaStic label holder thingy where do i get it whays the number

Anybody else have to deal with people not knowing how to use the new ad signs with the clear tops and instead of removing the adhesive at the top they remove it on the bottom and the sale sign gets stuck to everything? It's unnerving.
This past Sunday was our first week using them and everyone seemed to figure it out. We used to have a set signing crew every Sunday but for the last two months they've been throwing new TMs in there. So, I expect it to happen at some point.

Happened to be in receiving when an extra signing pallet was delivered today. It was one flat box, strapped to a slightly oversized pallet. Not even a heavy box. I looked in the truck and the guy had about 5 more of the same type of pallet to deliver to other stores. What a fucking waste of of pallets!

Oh, and it was the Toca Boca shipper my VML has been looking for all week. Thanks for letting us know it was shipping late, Spot! And since my VML has sunk himself into a deep hole in slowly setting all softlines pogs this week, I decided to leave that box with his name on it to build. He's gotta learn sometime that time is of the essence when there's a shit-ton of pogs to set; go back and make the department pretty after you get all the new crap out of the backroom, buddy.

Oh, great! New EDLP 3 X 11 signing to hang this week. Yes. I said 3 X 11.

hang where

So Dairy/Infants resets July 23, Pets is August 13, Sporting Goods is September 10 or 17 iirc, and Toys is July 30. What other big resets are coming up between now and Halloween?

They go in areas already set. Paper and deodorant are the ones I saw. Hang on every other shelf in various 4 foot sections. Our ad prep TM showed them to me.
there's plastic peg label holders for them I got a month ago with hold for June launch. Mysupported it when the blank signs to print showed up and wham a Redwire with instructions.

there's plastic peg label holders for them I got a month ago with hold for June launch. Mysupported it when the blank signs to print showed up and wham a Redwire with instructions.

I didn't hold them because July 21st is not June Launch.

I have no idea where the are now, as I gave them to someone else.

Also my note inside never mentioned a date.

The letter inside pretty much said, "Keep me in your basement, until I come calling".

Back