MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Challenging myself to do Power Aisle and FOS signs before we open during the overnight shift.

It can be done! Prep what you can beforehand. I plan on doing mine Wed night after store close, prepping Wed morning hopefully. And if for some reason I don't finish, coming back Thurs morning to complete.

OMG! We started A&A 2.0 last night and I am scheduled this week and next as the visual merchandiser since we don't currently have one. With the big signing pallet that got delivered today, I am now sitting on 4 signing pallets that still need to be attended to and no time to touch them at all. Fuck! At this rate I am never going to catch up!

One of my Plano team members built the Sugar Paper focal for me today. She was almost in tears she was so frustrated.

Sugar Paper focal was pretty crap. Thankfully I had a stash of longer push locks so I didn't have to put up dealing with those insanely small ones they sent us. Still very frustrating to deal with, I couldn't imagine someone who wasn't from Presentation trying to build it.

PMTs are not responsible for building cardboard shippers. Ever. That always goes to the signing tm or presentation team. Or for fully end-to-end stores, probably whichever dept it most closely aligns to which in this case is actually softlines despite the cross merchandising.
Yes, but does that change things when he is techincally done? No. He was a whiz at getting Hearth and Home up so...there you go.
I stuck a viking Clip through bullseyes Paw and the ribbon so that it held together, (not in the instructions), the directions however were terrible

After reading "Back Right Ribbon Left side - Left Back ribbon Left side - Right side back ribbon Left side, etc" I wanted to have a mini stroke.
Sounds like a basterized version of time warp.

In past years how many dump bins do we build

Last year wasn't very much. maybe 4 bins, but nothing compared to this amplified bullcrap
Last year there were only a few (like 3 in softlines and two in seasonal), but before that the black shippers were all over the place.

This year looks to be a bit more (This is not including Amplified Gifting), and the Mass Overhead extravaganza that this year is going to be.

Just make sure you MySupport it, then forget about it.

Yep!

They sent us an extra shipper for BBBG (round red thing) for pajamas that isn't on POG for us and some INT Sleep Shipper (has Burt's Bees signage) also not on POG for us. Any idea what to do with these?

Yep!

They sent us an extra shipper for BBBG (round red thing) for pajamas that isn't on POG for us and some INT Sleep Shipper (has Burt's Bees signage) also not on POG for us. Any idea what to do with these?

I built mine, and tomorrow plan on putting on our Pull line, with a Sign thats says hold for Softlines,

Screenshot_20171108-203955.jpg
You got a chandelier? Our store didn't. Did you get the Barn?
Damn right I've got a barn.

Yep!

Salesplanners due this week. One boy, one girl, one nit was what sltl was asking for. Nit is only one I've seen.

Style maven overhead went missing.

Stupid market aisle signs need roasted for structural reasons. If I die and don't post again it's been fun. Told pptl when I get hurt doing this I'm quitting.

Why are some things impossible to order? 3 1/2" peghooks. I have the fixture number and dpci number off the most recent POG. But are they on SAP? Nope. Not at least that I can find. That ordering system needs a complete overhaul so that the most relevant items come up first. When I type in peghooks, the first thing up should be 9" peghooks.

Anyone else order them lately? Someone threw a whole crapload of ours away. I unsupported the damn things. Why the extra steps?

Sorry for the rant.

Why are some things impossible to order? 3 1/2" peghooks. I have the fixture number and dpci number off the most recent POG. But are they on SAP? Nope. Not at least that I can find. That ordering system needs a complete overhaul so that the most relevant items come up first. When I type in peghooks, the first thing up should be 9" peghooks.

Anyone else order them lately? Someone threw a whole crapload of ours away. I unsupported the damn things. Why the extra steps?

Sorry for the rant.

I feel like those are one of the random items that are restricted on SAP. So the only way to get them is to ask on mySupport. I remember I had a hell of a time trying to order them earlier in the year and got them finally after asking.

I feel like those are one of the random items that are restricted on SAP. So the only way to get them is to ask on mySupport. I remember I had a hell of a time trying to order them earlier in the year and got them finally after asking.

Why restrict such small things? I remember once I saw a cart pusher cone up on a search. I thought... I can't find x but cart pusher comes up. So I can order that but not peghooks. Duh.

Sorry for the rant.

Have you searched Fuze?

Back