MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Putting up BTS fabric CSE was a bitch. Took 2 tools sections down because base deck was 32in deep and had to use a ladder. Then had to use duck tape to hold it up temporarily. You guys one man it or two?

Putting up BTS fabric CSE was a bitch. Took 2 tools sections down because base deck was 32in deep and had to use a ladder. Then had to use duck tape to hold it up temporarily. You guys one man it or two?

Two man

I used the PMT lift and the PTL held it up using one of those ceiling clip pole thibgs

That reminds me, whoever was asking about if fabric CSE stores got new fabric CSEs for the tall gondolas on block back walls, we did get new fabric ones, but they got installed after all the others.

For the new chair/ grill stack flat... signs still need hung between? Looks like 10 chair inserts, so one on racetrack and two down aisle? We're never getting this set. Double Monday, inventory Monday night that never ended, double Wednesday... four days in our pog week to set bts. Haha. fuckers.

My mysupport about fabric cse is still open... hopefully they figure it out by then.

Mine is still open too. No one has looked at it going on 10 days now. Gonna have to remind them I am waiting on an answer!

For the new chair/ grill stack flat... signs still need hung between? Looks like 10 chair inserts, so one on racetrack and two down aisle? We're never getting this set. Double Monday, inventory Monday night that never ended, double Wednesday... four days in our pog week to set bts. Haha. fuckers.

I took the overhead inserts down for mine and am using flat base 7x11 signholders on each chair for the price. We don't actually set this pog, just flex out what we have so it's easier to sign this way.

Anyone have numbers or even leads on numbers for the cooler shelves, the ones with the detachable spine bits?

I think I asked this before but not sure. How's your relationship/communication with your pptl?

Mine's good. We tag-team run Plano together since she's a SrTL and has closing shifts and LOD shifts. We've done it long enough we have a good rappaport and utilize each other's strengths- I excel at the logistical planning of transitions & running the team on the sales floor and she does well at scheduling the people we need, when we need them. And running interference with the leadership team and dealing with their politics which takes up a lot of her time.

And she's great at listening to me when I have a heavier workload and need to go off on my own.

Mine's good. We tag-team run Plano together since she's a SrTL and has closing shifts and LOD shifts. We've done it long enough we have a good rappaport and utilize each other's strengths- I excel at the logistical planning of transitions & running the team on the sales floor and she does well at scheduling the people we need, when we need them. And running interference with the leadership team and dealing with their politics which takes up a lot of her time.

And she's great at listening to me when I have a heavier workload and need to go off on my own.

Why aren't you a TL?

Anyone have numbers or even leads on numbers for the cooler shelves, the ones with the detachable spine bits?
They are specific to your cooler. I believe you search by brand on sap and provide info, or mysupport similar info to get part to order.

Why aren't you a TL?

I've been asked to become one, multiple times. But I'm not willing to work nights or weekends (minus special projects) and I only would want to run Plano because that covers pretty much all of the aspects I actually like about working retail- organizing/cleaning & checking things off lists.

Believe me, I know I do way more work than I'm getting paid for!

Im almost sure my pptl hates me. She's very two faced all the time. It started when I first got the position Apparently she had someone in mind and they didn't make it pass the interview phase. Anyways, over a year later and she's still the same. Very spiteful and only fills me in once an etl steps in and sees what's going on. Again, this is over a year. Pog tms frequently tell me random shit she says about me. It's borderline harassment but at the end of the day it's hearsay. I do my job and I do it well. They've yet to do anything about it the times I brought it up. When she's not working, she specifically told her team not to report or seek me for guidance. I also have to ask everyday what's being worked on because she doesn't fill me in on anything. It just sucks. For over a year she's been making my job miserable and no one at the store seems to care.

I got to have a nice chat, with my stores Frito Vendor, while I checked them in while receiving was at lunch. (Hadn't worked with me for years, since I was a PA.

when I asked if they were hiring, they replied yes "I heard it is getting really bad around here"..... They quickly gave me their phone number, and talked to to me about Frito's hiring process, and how they would reference me, before our receiver came back.

I almost cried knowing that hard work I did years ago, in market, actually meant something.... $35,000 - 45,000 a year.

Im almost sure my pptl hates me. She's very two faced all the time. It started when I first got the position Apparently she had someone in mind and they didn't make it pass the interview phase. Anyways, over a year later and she's still the same. Very spiteful and only fills me in once an etl steps in and sees what's going on. Again, this is over a year. Pog tms frequently tell me random shit she says about me. It's borderline harassment but at the end of the day it's hearsay. I do my job and I do it well. They've yet to do anything about it the times I brought it up. When she's not working, she specifically told her team not to report or seek me for guidance. I also have to ask everyday what's being worked on because she doesn't fill me in on anything. It just sucks. For over a year she's been making my job miserable and no one at the store seems to care.

I can't even fathom how I would be able to do my job if this was my everyday work environment. The hostility alone would be bad enough, but to be kept out of the loop on workload is ridiculous!

Since she can't seem to be bothered to fill you in without force, maybe try bypassing her altogether and keep tabs on workload yourself- Transition Communication, Merch Update, TWT, Adjacency Calendar can tell you a lot about what's in the pipeline. Is there a spot where the pogs are kept for what's being worked on that day or the next? You could take a peek and know what the team will be working on.

Being as informed, or better, than her will negate this little power trip of hers where she thinks she's in control of what you know or don't. She's probably hoping you'll quit or can be performanced out. Don't let the evil witch win!

I can't even fathom how I would be able to do my job if this was my everyday work environment. The hostility alone would be bad enough, but to be kept out of the loop on workload is ridiculous!

Since she can't seem to be bothered to fill you in without force, maybe try bypassing her altogether and keep tabs on workload yourself- Transition Communication, Merch Update, TWT, Adjacency Calendar can tell you a lot about what's in the pipeline. Is there a spot where the pogs are kept for what's being worked on that day or the next? You could take a peek and know what the team will be working on.

Being as informed, or better, than her will negate this little power trip of hers where she thinks she's in control of what you know or don't. She's probably hoping you'll quit or can be performanced out. Don't let the evil witch win!

Yeah, it's terrible. She keeps everything in her locked office. Having a meeting today with logistics etl today. I was told my pptl was being questioned on my work load and my day to day plans. Of course she couldn't speak to it because she refuses to work with me. We had one of these meetings before and the changes never took into effect.

I try to be as involved as I can. Example being when the etl wanted all the BTS boxes (before set) with aisle and pog number written on them I went ahead and mapped out BTS with the adjacency because she hadn't pre tied it yet.

I feel like I'm just complaining at this point but I don't know what else to do at this point. No one listens and things aren't changing. I like what I do just not who I have to work with.

Back