MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Did you guys receive lighting shelves/fixtures for the skin care aisle? I'm missing mine.

uhhhhhhh

Mine is weird. The execution notes say we get the lightboxes and testers but because we're Beauty Blowout things are a little different and the lightbox graphics AREN'T ON POG.

Yeah it is stupid, but at my last store they would never get me what I needed so I just bought it myself and took it with me when I left.
I get it. But here you have a multi billion dollar corporation who is paying the CEO hundreds of times what you make. But you are bringing in your own tools. So ridiculous.

Did anyone get the new fabric cse yet? My stl is on my case about the men's graphics still being from before the remodel last year...and he just noticed last week. I've been fighting with mysupport over it since October when I took over after the last signing person was moved from Pog. I thought it was solved, but they still keep telling me it isn't tied to our store even though it clearly is. I just don't want to start fighting for my signs again if I'm gonna get the new ones in the next week.

Yeah it is stupid, but at my last store they would never get me what I needed so I just bought it myself and took it with me when I left.

Did anyone get the new fabric cse yet? My stl is on my case about the men's graphics still being from before the remodel last year...and he just noticed last week. I've been fighting with mysupport over it since October when I took over after the last signing person was moved from Pog. I thought it was solved, but they still keep telling me it isn't tied to our store even though it clearly is. I just don't want to start fighting for my signs again if I'm gonna get the new ones in the next week.

Don't bother asking them to send missing CSE fabric, they don't know what it is and will send you in circles. Best bet is to wait for the next coming CSE, which for mens I believe is being replaced by end of this month. It's on the Non-POG signing update for July.

I go to talk to my produce tl about the food and bev refresh. He looks at the first two pages and says he has to worry about his truck ( two pallets) and walks away from me. I swear I'm the only person in this store who cares. Now I'm just waiting til 9 for the grocery etl to come in.

My etl is looking for a hiring banner that hangs off the building. They believe the previous signing tm tossed it. Anyone know the part number for one? I tried searching on sap but no luck.

My etl is looking for a hiring banner that hangs off the building. They believe the previous signing tm tossed it. Anyone know the part number for one? I tried searching on sap but no luck.
I'll look mine up. Do you know what size? There's a giant store wall size and a more approachable chain link fence size.

For those stores that don't have a back to college mini seasonal, but a Summer mini instead. Did you guys receive the BTS directional overhead?

I'm guessing the way that it has both the BTS/BTC together I'm not suppose to have it.

For those stores that don't have a back to college mini seasonal, but a Summer mini instead. Did you guys receive the BTS directional overhead?

I'm guessing the way that it has both the BTS/BTC together I'm not suppose to have it.

That's what I received too and my store is a summer mini set as well. I plan on only hanging the BTS part of the directionals and tossing the BTC part.

We hung both, but our STL said it was because the endcaps/home innovation area in domestics is considered to be our "college shop" and the signs still kinda point in that direction.

We hung both, but our STL said it was because the endcaps/home innovation area in domestics is considered to be our "college shop" and the signs still kinda point in that direction.

I'm liking that logic to it. And it would match the BTS/BTC FOS I hung this morning. Guess it's a good thing I couldn't locate the directionals this morning to hang.

Why is it when you order something on SAP and later in your email it says, "Order cancelled. This item is no longer available and discontinued"

Even when it's a new signing and shows not discontined on Zebra . Possible to mysupport and have it specially made or am I shit out of luck?

My pmt said it was huge and they used bricks to secure it down so I'm assuming the former.
Then maybe you want the smaller one instead, lol. I'll dig it out of my packing lists in a bit.
Why is it when you order something on SAP and later in your email it says, "Order cancelled. This item is no longer available and discontinued"

Even when it's a new signing and shows not discontined on Zebra . Possible to mysupport and have it specially made or am I shit out of luck?
Always mysupport if you need it. Sometimes if it looks like everyone ordered a ton of new value signing for instance they will cancel all of it, pull it from sap and push what they think is needed. Then let you order a couple months later. If you need it and it never got sent always mysupport and fight for the initial quantity. Sometimes it works.

Got an update to my fabric cse after two weeks... please send pic.

Then maybe you want the smaller one instead, lol. I'll dig it out of my packing lists in a bit.

Always mysupport if you need it. Sometimes if it looks like everyone ordered a ton of new value signing for instance they will cancel all of it, pull it from sap and push what they think is needed. Then let you order a couple months later. If you need it and it never got sent always mysupport and fight for the initial quantity. Sometimes it works.

Got an update to my fabric cse after two weeks... please send pic.

Agreed on sending a mySupport. And you may still never get what you need but at least you tried all available avenues that way. I won a lengthy back and forth with them over whether something was "no longer used in stores" but still haven't been able to get what I need sent to me.

@signingminion I can't remember what your exact question to them about the fabric cse was, but if it was like mine asking about clarification in the monthly ism guide, send them a pic of the guide, lol. Totally am going to do that if my response from them is the same.

Edited to add: my response was for pictures too. I sent them pics of the signing guide! Can't wait to see their response to that!

Last edited:
I'm pondering whether I should even put up the value 'starting at' headers. Seems like a price challenge nightmare. If it was 1-$2 difference I'd be ok but like $10+?

Doesnt help that my area has a lot of non-english speakers.

I'm pondering whether I should even put up the value 'starting at' headers. Seems like a price challenge nightmare. If it was 1-$2 difference I'd be ok but like $10+?

Doesnt help that my area has a lot of non-english speakers.

I didn't put them up. Bigger fish to fry here. I got pulled for 2 days this week to help sfs. And we are 3 days behind pulling backroom price change.

So as long as I've got people pulling me to do other things, I don't give a rat's behind about new signing. I'll just toss it sometime

I didn't put them up. Bigger fish to fry here. I got pulled for 2 days this week to help sfs. And we are 3 days behind pulling backroom price change.

So as long as I've got people pulling me to do other things, I don't give a rat's behind about new signing. I'll just toss it sometime

Exactly. None of mine is up either; I put them with the other extra headers and if someone else puts them, fine. But I did finally get around to putting up the new market headers this week!

Agreed on sending a mySupport. And you may still never get what you need but at least you tried all available avenues that way. I won a lengthy back and forth with them over whether something was "no longer used in stores" but still haven't been able to get what I need sent to me.

@signingminion I can't remember what your exact question to them about the fabric cse was, but if it was like mine asking about clarification in the monthly ism guide, send them a pic of the guide, lol. Totally am going to do that if my response from them is the same.

Edited to add: my response was for pictures too. I sent them pics of the signing guide! Can't wait to see their response to that!
I'm trying to get clarification on why we're got fighting room ism updates in fabric but I have a word frame with canvas stretches and velcroed on. Missed install, what? Trying to head off issue with more important cse our vmbp would shit over.

I'm trying to get clarification on why we're got fighting room ism updates in fabric but I have a word frame with canvas stretches and velcroed on. Missed install, what? Trying to head off issue with more important cse our vmbp would shit over.

Ooh, yeah, yours sounds way more complicated than mine. I wish you luck- it took me emailing our district vml to get any kind of resolution on issues like that. And she basically just fowarded it up the chain to one of the business partners. Who fixed it in no time!

We set BTS last month, it went pretty well. The essential bins took way too long to build, but it was nice to build something different.

This will probably be my last BTS set. I was called into the office and was offered another position and I took it. I have been doing signing for over 30 years and I sincerely thought I had the best job at Target. But, Big changes are coming and signing wont be a major part of Target any longer, so it was time.

Good luck to those who stick it out.
Are you the receiver now?

Back