MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

As a small format Senior PPTL, I have to do all of it. Granted it’s 60k square feet so half a normal store but still a lot to do with myself and two TMs. It’s definitely a lot but I like it.

I don't have a problem building them. Issue is I constantly get pulled from signing to support other areas and everything piles up. The most important fact is I'm getting 1 or 2 signing shifts a week. Like signinglady said, it would be different if I was at 40.

I don't have a problem building them. Issue is I constantly get pulled from signing to support other areas and everything piles up. The most important fact is I'm getting 1 or 2 signing shifts a week. Like signinglady said, it would be different if I was at 40.

Oh, I'm scheduled 40 most weeks in signing. Irrelevant. I still spend most of my time setting. Like today, I'm setting both sides of carseats. But the stl must not care about signing not being done, I just pitch most of the spln signing a couple weeks after it's due. I try to keep up with the rest of it as we set.

So gates and mattresses are in their own section now. Cribs is in the first 4 sections. I have the farm house crib in the first section. In the second and the third section, I have a cluster of 3 mini cribs. What goes in the fourth section. I have a club chair and a full size crib. They both scan that go there. WTF! Help anyone?

So gates and mattresses are in their own section now. Cribs is in the first 4 sections. I have the farm house crib in the first section. In the second and the third section, I have a cluster of 3 mini cribs. What goes in the fourth section. I have a club chair and a full size crib. They both scan that go there. WTF! Help anyone?

Our goes: fullsize farmhouse crib, 3 mini crib, and a club chair. The only other full size crib we have is located on a focal and it's carry forward from previous set.

Texted TL about how store is

Apparently STL is bitching that none of the infant signing got done.

We set it the week of the 13th. The pallet came the 18th WHEN I WAS OFF. I had one day of work this week IN HARDLINES.

Texted TL about how store is

Apparently STL is bitching that none of the infant signing got done.

We set it the week of the 13th. The pallet came the 18th WHEN I WAS OFF. I had one day of work this week IN HARDLINES.

My stl stopped by infants today and asked about the new holders for signing in strollers and carseats. Um, what. I have no new sign holders. I have some new signs with two holes on the top. But no new holders. Any pics?

My stl stopped by infants today and asked about the new holders for signing in strollers and carseats. Um, what. I have no new sign holders. I have some new signs with two holes on the top. But no new holders. Any pics?

For my store, the signs with the holes on top get attached directly to the display using the softlines swift tag tool (the little gun shaped thing that can attach labels to hanging items). I've also got a vinyl sleeve that the older signs can fit into and then get attached directly to the display also. Not sure I have a part number that works for those though, couldn't find them in SAP when we did the reset last time.

Are the signing pallets only coming in third party trucks now? Pallets have been showing up late on Fridays. What if we set seasonal early and theres no backer paper?

Mine's been coming in on third party trucks for a year now. Used to come every Tuesday which wasn't a problem. Now this year it's not coming until Thursday afternoon and it's totally fucking up my planning for the pog team. Really hard to set early when I don't have the new fixtures needed. Wasted so much time this week because of that. Not as far ahead as we could have been which really irritates me.

Are the signing pallets only coming in third party trucks now? Pallets have been showing up late on Fridays. What if we set seasonal early and theres no backer paper?
For 2 consecutive weeks in a row we've been receiving ours DTS from CEVA delivery. Not sure what your delivery company is but yes 3rd party delivery is what it is right now. I would push back on transition that needs backerpaper since it would be hard to backtrack on pogs that are all pegs.

For my store, the signs with the holes on top get attached directly to the display using the softlines swift tag tool (the little gun shaped thing that can attach labels to hanging items). I've also got a vinyl sleeve that the older signs can fit into and then get attached directly to the display also. Not sure I have a part number that works for those though, couldn't find them in SAP when we did the reset last time.
I tried to find them, too. Finally went to mySupport, in their normal oh-so-helpful way they claimed to be sending some out. What I received were 6x12 sticky vinyl pouches. I can’t use them but HR loved them and asked me to order more.

I tried to find them, too. Finally went to mySupport, in their normal oh-so-helpful way they claimed to be sending some out. What I received were 6x12 sticky vinyl pouches. I can’t use them but HR loved them and asked me to order more.

I have the sticky ones too but I'm honestly not sure when I got them and have never used them for anything. I know I had a pack of the regular ones with a part number on them, but they weren't in SAP at the time. Might have to recheck that and get back to everyone here.

Hey all, been a long time lurker here (mainly this thread) and finally joined. Just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone here. You have all been very helpful with everything signing related. It’s been comforting to know that we all go through similar... let’s call them “adventures”...? 🤣

For 2 consecutive weeks in a row we've been receiving ours DTS from CEVA delivery. Not sure what your delivery company is but yes 3rd party delivery is what it is right now. I would push back on transition that needs backerpaper since it would be hard to backtrack on pogs that are all pegs.
This is my answer to everything stl fusses about. She wants to be a week ahead but then it takes me all week to fix it behind the team.

Given how I wasn't there for most of last week, I sincerely hope that I do not have a new pallet for next week that comes in today.

When did hair care shelves switched to 18s from 14s?
Ours are still 18” too. We don’t have enough to switch to 14 tho. I think they called for 14 a few years ago but we had the same issue then. The 400 magnetic dividers we received last week are for 18” shelves... so 18 they stay.

Ours are still 18” too. We don’t have enough to switch to 14 tho. I think they called for 14 a few years ago but we had the same issue then. The 400 magnetic dividers we received last week are for 18” shelves... so 18 they stay.
At least you got dividers! We had to go old school and use adhesives. LOL. Actually, IMO, the adhesives although take longer to install work better than the magnetic dividers. It doesn't work well with the spacing of freight or product sits partially on the magnetic divider itself.

We got questioned about doing that. I can't find it in, "black and white" directions to do that. Where did you see that direction? Did you do that on just the strollers or on carseats as well?

Mine are on both. But I am a test store for Swaddle and corporate are the ones who placed most of the signing for me. I'm just maintaining it now.

Are the orange POG tools (or anything remotely similar) still orderable? We had a SrTL who transferred to another store and took our stash with her. 🙄

Back