MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Why is "throw it in the compactor " and effective strategy for the fucking infants displays

There's like 30 large displays that go in the trash ffs

Alright.. I've been throwing baby car seats in the compacter yesterday. Today I'm doing strollers/gear flat and just gonna sweep it on a pallet. I ain't disassembling no crib. If they have a problem, sue me.

2 strollers, 3 carseats, 1 gearchain thing, and 6 carriers were the only displays missing.

No clue on the fucking crib inline or crib focals yet. But I'm not do

Alright.. I've been throwing baby car seats in the compacter yesterday. Today I'm doing strollers/gear flat and just gonna sweep it on a pallet. I ain't disassembling no crib. If they have a problem, sue me.

We keep a sledgehammer near the compactor. It's awesome. The compactor people came by yesterday halfway through the day and replaced our full one, which helped a lot.

They will send them back to the store with an email to your pmbp.

Not always. Last year they didn't when I did all the carseats and strollers. This year I marked the 4 as metal recycle.

Christ, we got so pushed behind from all the seasonal salvage that STILL have work from last week to finish. 2 revisions left. Plus this week's work, albeit very small. But no one can add any hours to catch up.

Anyone with beauty blowout know the part # for NYC makeup dividers?

Their like the utility tray dividers but only about 3" deep.

Oh right I did find an issue today.

So I wanted to do an easy POG. Did carseats A and B. Was gonna do Gates. Cannot print any labels because for SOME reason all Gate DPCIs are for reserved items. No label strips either
The transition guide has a list of items changing departments... it's huge. But it should be fine after the 21st... which is why it says to not set most of this transition til after then...🤦‍♀️

The transition guide has a list of items changing departments... it's huge. But it should be fine after the 21st... which is why it says to not set most of this transition til after then...🤦‍♀️

Luckily, we haven't set any of those pogs yet.

On a separate note, I was shorted a whole box of the new mop/broom fixtures. Guess someone didn't see that a couple sections used more than 5.

Delaying a whole transition for 3 sections of product would be a mistake imo. If anyone else's store is like mine, the next four weeks of transitions are all completely broken in the store and honestly ready for the new sets

Delaying a whole transition for 3 sections of product would be a mistake imo. If anyone else's store is like mine, the next four weeks of transitions are all completely broken in the store and honestly ready for the new sets

I didn't have much problems setting all of infant this week. If I had issues with DPCIs not converting, I just match the descriptions and price.

I just pulled myself out of the the TL pipeline that doesn't even exist anymore. They called a meeting today for all TLs and after about 15mins I get called in...ETL and TLs are asking how they can help me since I'm behind. I tried to keep my shit together and not flip out so I explained to them all what I had, where it was, and when everything came in. For the infant displays, I printed out the dispay audit sheet and wrote the date next to each display when it came in. Just about ALL the displays came off 3 trucks from last Friday, Saturday, and the following Monday. Friday and Monday I was sent to pog during my scheduled signing shifts and I was off Saturday. Anyways. My stupid TL kept bringing up how the adjacency calendar calls for a specific amount of hours for signing and I should have it all done in time. I think that's where I lost it and started to raise my voice a little. I can't get shit done if I'm not here or when I am here I get pulled to help your team who can never get their own work done. My ETL stepped in and said all they need to know is how they can help me. So I told him I don't need help. PPTL needs help. It says it clearly in all the transition notes, PPTL is responsible for building displays. When I'm scheduled 1 day of signing a week and not allowed to work on signing, nothing will ever get done. I'm about to have a mental break at work I swear.....

I just pulled myself out of the the TL pipeline that doesn't even exist anymore. They called a meeting today for all TLs and after about 15mins I get called in...ETL and TLs are asking how they can help me since I'm behind. I tried to keep my shit together and not flip out so I explained to them all what I had, where it was, and when everything came in. For the infant displays, I printed out the dispay audit sheet and wrote the date next to each display when it came in. Just about ALL the displays came off 3 trucks from last Friday, Saturday, and the following Monday. Friday and Monday I was sent to pog during my scheduled signing shifts and I was off Saturday. Anyways. My stupid TL kept bringing up how the adjacency calendar calls for a specific amount of hours for signing and I should have it all done in time. I think that's where I lost it and started to raise my voice a little. I can't get shit done if I'm not here or when I am here I get pulled to help your team who can never get their own work done. My ETL stepped in and said all they need to know is how they can help me. So I told him I don't need help. PPTL needs help. It says it clearly in all the transition notes, PPTL is responsible for building displays. When I'm scheduled 1 day of signing a week and not allowed to work on signing, nothing will ever get done. I'm about to have a mental break at work I swear.....

I can empathize. Even though my tl and I get along well, I spend 90% of my signing shifts setting. It's no big deal. I spend the other 5% doing signing. The other 5%, I spend throwing away signing from weeks ago that never got put up. It's not like anyone who sets salesplanners put up their signing. So in the trash it goes. Let it sit in a landfill unused for a couple thousand years.

Damn you both have crappy situations! I wanted to comment how I also spend most of my time setting & running Plano and also get my signing done too. But then I remembered, my leadership basically kisses my ass and gives me 40 hours every week all year because they know shit falls apart when I'm not. Were I in either of your shoes, I can't say I'd feel or do differently than you.

Kudos to you, @Iknowstuff for pointing out where the help was actually needed. Have them build all that baby gear for once. Give the one you hate the most a playard and watch them struggle to lock the sides up. That's always fun.

Back