MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

twins. i thought my store was the only store this happened at. there's a trash can right next to the computer in the fixture room and i have to change it every week or else people just throw their garbage on the ground instead lol.
Okay, I just haaaaad to post this.
Maybe if someone calls the local fire dept or steritech, my SD will give us the time needed to clean it

Attachments

• 20190422_172337.jpg
    20190422_172337.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
Maybe if someone calls the local fire dept or steritech, my SD will give us the time needed to clean it
I love how your "Put It Away" poster is smack dab in the middle of the wall when you look into your room! I feel like that poster should be like a normal size poster so everyone can get the hint.
I also spied a hidden holiday header towards the front of that pile of stuff. LOL!

I've seen worse for sure. And that took me 2 days to clean. But this could be improved in a solid hour or so....as long as no one died from any of those shelves improperly stowed on the wall! A lot of this looks like a solid case of, "I don't know what to do with this so I am going to set right here. And here. Oh, and here!" Lazy fucks. This includes the black shrinked pallet because it is NOT signing or fixtures, looks like computer components possibly for front end (we just had a similar pallet in receiving 2 weeks ago).

Mine finally learned how to use the WAV so I can stop moving all her lights for her

The hardlines VM we have is so short that she can't reach the lights even on the WAV. We have abnormally tall ceilings. 17ft.

Softlines one just forgets about the lights and TBH so does everyone else.

Does the Everspring cart signing come in different boxes? I found one, but it only has the price points and the front of store stanchion. It was set Monday and it HAS to be done by the end of my shift. 🙄

Let's take down 50 shelves and 3 trend spot tables and some 2ft next gen fixture and cram it in the fixture room! We can totqlly fit that with this fucking flat of metro racks, right?

Does the Everspring cart signing come in different boxes? I found one, but it only has the price points and the front of store stanchion. It was set Monday and it HAS to be done by the end of my shift. 🙄

Yes, it comes in 2 or 3 boxes.

Let's take down 50 shelves and 3 trend spot tables and some 2ft next gen fixture and cram it in the fixture room! We can totqlly fit that with this fucking flat of metro racks, right?

I'm not thrilled to have to palletize 22" shelves because the fixture room wall is already full and I have 3 full tubs of shelves already stored in the fixture room. Can't get rid of them because we will be desperate for them all come January with all the shelving needed in Seasonal.

Last edited:
Got my review/new role today. Review went as expected. I'll be considered a presentation expert/GM expert going forward. Expectation is I will still be sorting the signing pallets when they come in and I will be given inbound hours to do so. Overheads will likely still fall on me as well since they typically correspond to transitions. I asked about email and SAP and, surprise, they weren't sure if I can keep them or not. But they did note my concerns and said they would look into it.

I think the biggest hurdle I will have with this is the hours depending on how they change. I've been consistently getting 40 and feel like this will go down now because I will not change my availability to be more convenient for Target. C'est la vie.

Got my review/new role today. Review went as expected. I'll be considered a presentation expert/GM expert going forward. Expectation is I will still be sorting the signing pallets when they come in and I will be given inbound hours to do so. Overheads will likely still fall on me as well since they typically correspond to transitions. I asked about email and SAP and, surprise, they weren't sure if I can keep them or not. But they did note my concerns and said they would look into it.

I think the biggest hurdle I will have with this is the hours depending on how they change. I've been consistently getting 40 and feel like this will go down now because I will not change my availability to be more convenient for Target. C'est la vie.
I’m in the same boat as you. I as well have been getting consistently 40 but coming in at 8 Or a later time will lower my hours for the week. My stl told me all the tls will have sap access. Who knows. It will be a hot mess if they do.

I’m in the same boat as you. I as well have been getting consistently 40 but coming in at 8 Or a later time will lower my hours for the week. My stl told me all the tls will have sap access. Who knows. It will be a hot mess if they do.

Not all your TLs already have SAP access?

TLs I get. If they give VMs SAP access I'm walking out. VMs order things like they just won the lottery

Monday at 10:30am. "Arent you taking down the Easter directional signs?" Well bitch, since that's not my job, and I'm in the middle of setting trend spot, I guess not. "Can you? We just had a visit, and they mentioned it." Is it my responsibility or not? You can't have it both ways. Idiots.

I legit don't think they've thought through all the grey areas they've created with eliminating signing. When the answer always seems to be, "someone will take care of it" that usually ends up actually meaning no one will. I pointed out this flaw today using sale 3x2s as an example. I keep us in stock so we never run out; no one else is going to be as meticulous about remembering so when we run out for the first time ever.... "sorry, I was told 'someone' would take care of it." 🤷

Edited to add: my nametag clearly says "SigningLady" not "Someone."

Last edited:
Back