MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So I got 2 FOS overheads next week, one for holidays and one for Thanksgiving. Which goes where? I'm assuming the holiday one goes in the power aisle?

So I am doing the seasonal OHs and the instructions tell me how to set a ribbon behind the arch, but the ism I have is holly. The instructions says "Hanging Holly Set A&B" then proceeds to describe the ribbon ceiling lengths. Very confusing.
Mine kind of had both on there too. I ignored the ribbon parts and just used the Holly part. Was still confusing instructions so I made it up.

So I got 2 FOS overheads next week, one for holidays and one for Thanksgiving. Which goes where? I'm assuming the holiday one goes in the power aisle?
Thanksgiving goes up first. Christmas does not go up until Black Friday. I have not seen Christmas OHs yet at my store.

Mine kind of had both on there too. I ignored the ribbon parts and just used the Holly part. Was still confusing instructions so I made it up.

Thanksgiving goes up first. Christmas does not go up until Black Friday. I have not seen Christmas OHs yet at my store.
See that's thing. It says in the holiday signing guide about having both up next week. Holiday overhead says sets 11/3. I'm guessing the holiday and Thanksgiving goes up next week. After black friday, a new Christmas OH will replace Thanksgiving.

ThrowawaySigning

Signing TM by day. Val Kilmer by night.
See that's thing. It says in the holiday signing guide about having both up next week. Holiday overhead says sets 11/3. I'm guessing the holiday and Thanksgiving goes up next week. After black friday, a new Christmas OH will replace Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving overheads are for dual entrance stores only. If you have one entrance, the Thanksgiving overhead can be tossed.

Refer to the total store map.

Sevens

Exiled Signing Wanderer
Thanksgiving overheads are for dual entrance stores only. If you have one entrance, the Thanksgiving overhead can be tossed.

If thats the case, better for me. Now to convince my SD. Though honestly Thanksgiving would have been so much easier to put up.

Maybe hanging Thanksgiving first, then swapping to Christmas is just something my store has always done and not company direction. Our guests are always so sensitive, complaining about setting Christmas and "forgetting" about Thanksgiving like it's a heavy decorating holiday too. Perhaps we have given up and appease them with two FOS despite being only one entrance.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
Maybe hanging Thanksgiving first, then swapping to Christmas is just something my store has always done and not company direction. Our guests are always so sensitive, complaining about setting Christmas and "forgetting" about Thanksgiving like it's a heavy decorating holiday too. Perhaps we have given up and appease them with two FOS despite being only one entrance.
I believe that was what my store did last year so maybe it was previous direction and they changed their mind. Seems to make more sense than throwing it away

The thanksgiving OH goes to market power aisle. I have 2 entrance and still received the thanksgiving OH + 2set of OH for FOS

Does anyone know the part number for the ornament Perfect Placement display holder things? Apparently every store is supposed to have them but I never found them on the ISM pallets.

Does anyone know the part number for the ornament Perfect Placement display holder things? Apparently every store is supposed to have them but I never found them on the ISM pallets.
I believe one of my two boxes of those came in DTS and looked more like a hardware box than ISM. Maybe check in receiving for it if you haven't already. The other box was labeled as ISM for seasonal I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if the parts for these aren't on GoCart yet. You may have better luck with mySupport.

Along with that, how many of you are missing your 9ft tree? We discovered our DC has all of them with no ETA on delivery.

I believe one of my two boxes of those came in DTS and looked more like a hardware box than ISM. Maybe check in receiving for it if you haven't already. The other box was labeled as ISM for seasonal I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if the parts for these aren't on GoCart yet. You may have better luck with mySupport.

Along with that, how many of you are missing your 9ft tree? We discovered our DC has all of them with no ETA on delivery.
We got ours. Located in PNW.

We don't even have boxstock to take from! The tree isn't tied to the veranda table pog either, in fact, it isn't tied to any pog for us. I only found the DPCI because it is listed in VA. Hoping enough stores that use the same DC call out they are missing it too so someone gets a clue.

Last edited:
Two MORE pallets of amplified gifting signage.

I'm so close to just tossing this. How much shit do we have to get?
My receiver just smiled at me when he saw I found the two new ones today. I get that sending bins pre-built saves us time, but it doesn't save us on precious space! And I would love to jump into setting all these just to clear them out of the backroom, but I am still knee deep in finishing loose ends in seasonal, finishing mini, and finishing home decor.