MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Got my Seasonal OH delivered today. It is in two boxes!
We got two boxes too. One had the wondershop branches and the other had two sets of arches. The rest I guess is "in the mail...
Still missing toys too.
Does anyone know if there are overheads for amp gifting?

I am going to be one busy lady tomorrow getting ISM set for the tree lot, CSE done, Halloween directionals down (has anyone seen TAT directionals yet?), seasonal OHs, and hunting down any missing tree displays/ornaments.

And for the love of God, Corporate, stop sending ISM in 3-4 boxes DTS at a time!!! A whole pallet's worth has shown up this week. Ain't got time for this nonsense, ISM should not be treated with a just-in-time delivery.

I am going to be one busy lady tomorrow getting ISM set for the tree lot, CSE done, Halloween directionals down (has anyone seen TAT directionals yet?), seasonal OHs, and hunting down any missing tree displays/ornaments.

And for the love of God, Corporate, stop sending ISM in 3-4 boxes DTS at a time!!! A whole pallet's worth has shown up this week. Ain't got time for this nonsense, ISM should not be treated with a just-in-time delivery.

ISM should be JIT delivery if it's an entire pallet not two boxes

Does anyone know if the climbing Santa came in on the truck as a display or did it come in on a signing pallet? Another thing is we located those perfect placement ornaments but only one set of bars that they attach to, so we are unable to set them on the actual aisle of ornaments, did they only send 1 set of those perfect placement holders or is there another one I should know about?

i did most of my ism for seasonal last night so i just have a few things to tie up tonight. fuck those triangle arch things, though.

still haven't seen my fos overheads either.

Does anyone know if the climbing Santa came in on the truck as a display or did it come in on a signing pallet? Another thing is we located those perfect placement ornaments but only one set of bars that they attach to, so we are unable to set them on the actual aisle of ornaments, did they only send 1 set of those perfect placement holders or is there another one I should know about?

Haven't found my climbing Santa yet, but it should not come in on the signing pallet. I received a second box of the ornament bars. Can't remember if it was on a normal signing pallet or was one of the random boxes that keep getting delivered everyday.

i did most of my ism for seasonal last night so i just have a few things to tie up tonight. fuck those triangle arch things, though.

still haven't seen my fos overheads either.
How long did it take to set up?
I just did the fos one. I say fuck the whole thing and especially the instructions! Lol they should really include a horizontal grid layout as well! My store is 14ft it says add the cable wire, I did. I had to redo everything because it was too damn low. Don’t add the cable wire. it would take more than 2 1/2 hours. I say prep it as much as you can and take off Halloween before u bring it out onto the floor. It would save you being in the middle of it when store opens. I finally got my rear seasonal overhead so I’ll be doing that Monday. I was hoping it wouldn’t show up.

How long did it take to set up?
I just did the fos one. I say fuck the whole thing and especially the instructions! Lol they should really include a horizontal grid layout as well! My store is 14ft it says add the cable wire, I did. I had to redo everything because it was too damn low. Don’t add the cable wire. it would take more than 2 1/2 hours. I say prep it as much as you can and take off Halloween before u bring it out onto the floor. It would save you being in the middle of it when store opens. I finally got my rear seasonal overhead so I’ll be doing that Monday. I was hoping it wouldn’t show up.

It took p much my entire shift if I'm including taking down Halloween ISM but the overheads for rear itself werent difficult. You might have issues with the arches because they're poorly designed. Thanks for the tip abt the FOS overheads though! I also have 14 ft ceilings.

It always seems to be hit or miss with the cables for a 14ft ceiling. Sometimes I skip it and then see it would actually look better with them added. Others, I add it and it's too low.

And I never go by the ceiling grid layout when they bother to add it, I just wing it. No one's going to know the difference. Hell, no one even notices that if the FOS isn't up!

My climbing Santa came in through the truck and was back stocked in the back.

My store is 14ft it says add the cable wire, I did. I had to redo everything because it was too damn low. Don’t add the cable wire.
So are you saying that a 13' store should actually remove a foot? I will be doing mine on Monday and this info would greatly make my life easier.

So are you saying that a 13' store should actually remove a foot? I will be doing mine on Monday and this info would greatly make my life easier.

No. For a 13ft ceiling, set the cable lengths as shown.

What would you recommend for a 17' store :)

I'd add in a 24" cable, maybe a 36" if 24" doesn't look right. At the end of the day, no one's going to notice if it's too high or too low as long as it's up. And even then, if it was missing altogether like it usually is at my store, no one cares.

So I am doing the seasonal OHs and the instructions tell me how to set a ribbon behind the arch, but the ism I have is holly. The instructions says "Hanging Holly Set A&B" then proceeds to describe the ribbon ceiling lengths. Very confusing.

So I got 2 FOS overheads next week, one for holidays and one for Thanksgiving. Which goes where? I'm assuming the holiday one goes in the power aisle?

So I am doing the seasonal OHs and the instructions tell me how to set a ribbon behind the arch, but the ism I have is holly. The instructions says "Hanging Holly Set A&B" then proceeds to describe the ribbon ceiling lengths. Very confusing.

Mine kind of had both on there too. I ignored the ribbon parts and just used the Holly part. Was still confusing instructions so I made it up.

So I got 2 FOS overheads next week, one for holidays and one for Thanksgiving. Which goes where? I'm assuming the holiday one goes in the power aisle?

Thanksgiving goes up first. Christmas does not go up until Black Friday. I have not seen Christmas OHs yet at my store.

Mine kind of had both on there too. I ignored the ribbon parts and just used the Holly part. Was still confusing instructions so I made it up.

Thanksgiving goes up first. Christmas does not go up until Black Friday. I have not seen Christmas OHs yet at my store.

See that's thing. It says in the holiday signing guide about having both up next week. Holiday overhead says sets 11/3. I'm guessing the holiday and Thanksgiving goes up next week. After black friday, a new Christmas OH will replace Thanksgiving.

See that's thing. It says in the holiday signing guide about having both up next week. Holiday overhead says sets 11/3. I'm guessing the holiday and Thanksgiving goes up next week. After black friday, a new Christmas OH will replace Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving overheads are for dual entrance stores only. If you have one entrance, the Thanksgiving overhead can be tossed.

Refer to the total store map.

Back