MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Hello! Welcome!

You will need an ETL or your closing TL to order through GoCart on workbench. You can find all the part numbers in the AMP gifting VMGs here: http://targetstore.actonservice.com/acton/fs/blocks/showLandingPage/a/15648/p/p-0050/t/page/fm/0

These fixtures are expensive and will need DSD approval though so speak to your SD first about these. They sent out a survey a little while ago asking what stores had for amp gifting fixtures and to order the ones they’re missing by a certain date. I didn’t need to order any so I don’t recall what the date was but it has definitely passed. Fixtures like these can take a little while to come in. I would recommend talking to your SD and placing a MySupport for what you’re missing and they can sometimes do a rush order.

Thank you for the welcome! I *do* feel like I’m losing my mind a little bit with the amp gifting fixture problem in my store, as I was quite specifically that we were not given the ability/option to order the correct amount of needed amp gift fixtures and that we “should have gotten enough” from the year prior... but here I am scrambling to find mine more convertible for the amp gifting program to use, and goodness know how many shelves. ALL of these softlines fixtures were pulled directly to the floor, as our fixture room is currently tapped of shelves. *pauses* *takes a deep breath* I had VERY ticked off DBO’s, as we scramble to find enough fixtures/vehicles and always manage to come up short in some fashion on a regular basis, and here it’s ramping into the BUSIEST time of the year and I’m having to pull from an already short softlines floor. I’ve *tried* to place orders for softlines fixtures with our closing TL- legitimate needs for our floor, as we are grossly under-fixtured- and have managed approval for ONLY one shelf, and one hurdle. :/

Etl - tie all the amplified gifting to AG1, AG2, AG3, etc. Me - how will sfs or anyone else for that matter know where it is on the salesfloor? AG5 could be anywhere. Brain trust thinking by management.

They'll know it's an Amplified Gifting fixture.

Did any double entry stores get both Christmas FOS overheads? The box I got seems...small

Etl - tie all the amplified gifting to AG1, AG2, AG3, etc. Me - how will sfs or anyone else for that matter know where it is on the salesfloor? AG5 could be anywhere. Brain trust thinking by management.
We typed up a list of all the amp gift locations and where it should be like "AG1 RTW - Holiday Shop" and gave it to SFS. All of them took a picture to save on their phones and there's a copy back in the SFS area

Did any double entry stores get both Christmas FOS overheads? The box I got seems...small

my store was instructed to put up the christmas overhead on one door and the thanksgiving overhead on the other door. after thanksgiving is over we're supposed to swap it out to a second christmas set that are supposed to be arriving next week or the week after.

my store was instructed to put up the christmas overhead on one door and the thanksgiving overhead on the other door. after thanksgiving is over we're supposed to swap it out to a second christmas set that are supposed to be arriving next week or the week after.

What a waste of time

I'm doing like everything other than the FOS.

Miniseasonal? Sure. Toys? Yuppers. Thanksgiving even? Sure thing.

Christmas FOS? I simply do not have the wires. I need to use 2 green wires for the length of a normal store's 1 green. And I ain't got 'em

We tied them all to where on the map they should be. Everything in women’s is tied to q90, 91, etc. everything in toys is tied to an aisle nearby, section 90, 91 etc.

ALSO the candies are fucking enormous

I was using the one-up to hang those after making the chain and I legit almost tipped over from the weight when trying to adjust the position. Had to try to slowly tip the pole sideways with the ropes and hope I didn't hit anybody on the way down. It was comical....and a bit terrifying.

Have your stores started setting Amplified Gifting yet? Our stores had the idea to tie them all AG1, AG2, etc.... So we are getting orders for this crap now and have no idea where any of it is because they didn't tie it to the department it's in. And they don't go in any logical order.
They'll know it's an Amplified Gifting fixture.

We typed up a list of all the amp gift locations and where it should be like "AG1 RTW - Holiday Shop" and gave it to SFS. All of them took a picture to save on their phones and there's a copy back in the SFS area

Told ya. Not the best idea to tie things storewide to the same aisle.

I was using the one-up to hang those after making the chain and I legit almost tipped over from the weight when trying to adjust the position. Had to try to slowly tip the pole sideways with the ropes and hope I didn't hit anybody on the way down. It was comical....and a bit terrifying.

Ours fell like 3 times. First wire snapped, the other 2, the rope slipped away from the glue attachment. Shit ain't safe.

Are there instructions anywhere on how to use the signing pole? I found ours today, but even our Signing TM doesn't know how to use it.

Are there instructions anywhere on how to use the signing pole? I found ours today, but even our Signing TM doesn't know how to use it.

I've seen a video on youtube of them demonstrating it.

My question is how well do these work on the newer white spider clips because I find them super hard to twist out even by hand.

Once you've got your wires measured and connected to your clips and ISM, place a clip in each side of the pole. The clip should fit in askew from the orange rectangle on the top. *Note: using the pole is most effective for ISM that only has two clips to hang at most.* Extend the pole by pushing the side button and pulling up on the top part. You will generally need to extend it up twice (the button should pop back out at the 9ft mark. If you leave it at 8ft it will be brutal on your shoulders if not impossible.) Line up the orange rectangle with the ceiling grid, slightly push up, and twist to get the clip to pop on. Probably be best to practice this with just a clip attached to get the hang of it first.

And, yes, it is much easier to learn from watching someone else do it.

My question is how well do these work on the newer white spider clips because I find them super hard to twist out even by hand.

The newer clips are harder to twist into place even with pole. Luckily I have enough of the clear ones that I don't usually need to use the white ones.

I was an expert with that pole. With the new clips, it's a no go. I just do them by hand.

My first thought while watching this was, "Don't lean it up against the wall!" 🤣 That pole falls over and those parts she just attached are going to break and go flying. Always lay the pole flat or have it firmly tucked onto your cart/flat if you can. Also have extras of the clip on parts (they can be ordered separate from the pole).

Just visited another store and they still have a few places with the old labels.... and yes before anyone says anything they don’t have unit pricing and these are actually the old style labels.

Attachments

• 81817934-5BBA-456B-A5E3-4991D4DAE926.jpeg
    81817934-5BBA-456B-A5E3-4991D4DAE926.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
Back