MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Just visited another store and they still have a few places with the old labels.... and yes before anyone says anything they don’t have unit pricing and these are actually the old style labels.
My store still has this also. I desperately wish they would release a new pog! The product went clearance MONTHS ago.

At least this store has newer backer paper. Mine still has the really old overlapping loops.

Ours fell like 3 times. First wire snapped, the other 2, the rope slipped away from the glue attachment. Shit ain't safe.
ALSO the candies are fucking enormous
The miniseasonal candy ropes have the most god-awful instructions
We did not realize the grid on the papework was meant to be where you put the candies and we said fuck it let's try to do it our own way... shit turned our crappy and doesn't work. We were tempted to say it 'broke'

I was promoted this year after doing 5+ years in signing. It kills me to see everything I built up fall apart. No one at my store ever keeps track of fixture inventory. My store has zero unit price labels and has been using white labels. Never even bothered reaching out to other stores. No label holders, sale signs, 7x11s, pegs, all the normal everyday stuff we need. I watched the ETLs "clean" the fixture room, which ment toss everything. So right now my store has zero zone assist dividers and I can't wait for the next transition which they will need them. I also see no new fixtures or displays ever get put up; those new energy drink pushers, nope had no time and are being forgotten about. It kills me to see this company turn into a shit show but it will end up biting them in the ass soon.

I was promoted this year after doing 5+ years in signing. It kills me to see everything I built up fall apart. No one at my store ever keeps track of fixture inventory. My store has zero unit price labels and has been using white labels. Never even bothered reaching out to other stores. No label holders, sale signs, 7x11s, pegs, all the normal everyday stuff we need. I watched the ETLs "clean" the fixture room, which ment toss everything. So right now my store has zero zone assist dividers and I can't wait for the next transition which they will need them. I also see no new fixtures or displays ever get put up; those new energy drink pushers, nope had no time and are being forgotten about. It kills me to see this company turn into a shit show but it will end up biting them in the ass soon.

Repeat after me: "Not my circus, not my monkeys." Just tell yourself that every time you see something that makes you cringe. Eventually it will become less painful.

Alternately, you can do what I do and find five minutes here and there to still attempt some semblance of maintenance, organization, and upkeep. It ain't easy.

I really do need to sit down with the one ETL and order the stuff that I've been meaning to for the past few weeks.

I manage to find time about once a month to get an order in. I've found my lists are shorter than I thought they'd be since I'm not the one ordering it. I let a lot of things slide if they are not from anywhere I've been working; missing beauty signs? They can just as easily give the list to the person ordering as I can.

I don't think many people in my store realize I don't actually place the order anymore.

We ran out of backroom label paper sheets AND the roll backroom labels. Someone asked me what we should use. I said print it on regular paper and tape over it. But I really don't care.

I did the mini seasonal ropes my way because they were way to heavy to do it according to the instructions. Instead of connecting them all together I just hang them in sections and make it look like they are all connected. Takes more wires but at least it is safe.

I manage to find time about once a month to get an order in. I've found my lists are shorter than I thought they'd be since I'm not the one ordering it.
Can't help but wonder if that wasn't a part of the plan, or at least a bonus, as they continue to trim the budget and downsize ever so slowly.

Anybody know what the pink "Holideals" are for? re they for every sun ad or were they just for last weekends 2-day ad?

It's so funny to read about any signing. My SD just ignores it. I'm good with that since I get zero hours. I did take 15 minutes today to get in the fixture room and throw away all the signing left from October. Seems a shame to just toss it. But really, who cares?

Back