MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

its funny, i too have just arrived to the point where i need to go back and start looking at my SAP orders and was ready to go back into the training to find out.

random question concerning softlines.

so there is a fixture called the "high capacity" fixture. (we have the old sl fixtures, not p09 or innovation/champagne stuff save for shoes and some tables). supposedly there is a bar that can be added to this fixture to make it two levels. for some reason every single A&A guide except for the new and city targets was completely unavailable. sap wasn't much help in a keyword search, and no one knows exactly what it is called. could be a 'double hang bar' but that could also be a generic term, or the bar that goes on quads, or towers, or the upper billboards. anyway - in short - i don't know. no one at my store knows what it is because we have never used or had them. however my stl insists that they do exist and it has been confirmed by one of our transfers. so - anyone know what i am talking about and have at least a name if not number for it?

thanks guys.

ps did anyone else have a pets reinvention and absolutely everything for the focal was the wrong size?

oh and also WHY DO THE EARLY SET NOTES NOT POST TO THE SIGNING BOARD ANYMORE? sorry for the shouting, but i find it maddening. maybe it is just me, but i find it so annoying.

We actually had those bars sent to my store. When I go in tomorrow I'll look at the part number, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

SAP: finally can see my past orders to track. I and my neighbors were having blank screens until lately. Really frustrating that.

High-Capacity Rack rods were discontinued. Everyone was looking for these awhile back. Finally found them mentioned in a 2007 catalog in Eureka. Could not find in TIPP despite several weeks of trying. Not mentioned in other Softlines books either.

What we came to the conclusion was that the racks were being discontinued with the newer prototypes so they simply stopped making them. Never mind the hundreds of older stores that still had high-capacity racks.

Nice, huh?

Edit. got cut off. Would also like the numbers if they reinstated the things due to store complaints.

AFAIK you can't order the high capacity rods. We searched everything we could and finally found the part number for them, but they part number nor any other search terms we could think of brought them up on tipp. We gave up trying to order them. Then we got in several during our remodel this past cycle and we didn't need them for any new planograms. No idea why they got sent, but we didn't ask too many questions. So they do still exist...just impossible to order.

Okay, this might be a case of the warehouse having had some in stock and they saw an opportunity (love that word) to get rid of their inventory. This always seems to happen during New Store and Remodel times. You receive the oddest stuff.

Did you guys have to move one of the suns up to the front end from seasonal to replace the big spring tubs or was it just in my old store?
Or did you get a brand new one?
Either way, I'm sorry, that must have been a serous pain in the tuckus.

Did you guys have to move one of the suns up to the front end from seasonal to replace the big spring tubs or was it just in my old store?

Very serious pain.
It tuckus (me, myself & I) almost until store opening to make that thing. Again.

Oh god....just realized that BTS is coming in another month and I'm the only one old enough on the PT to have a clue on how to build bins with any kind of confidence.

I wonder if I can call in sick that week.
What's an obscure illness that no ETL is likely to have ever have heard of before?
I hope I still have that card from the traveling voodoo doctor for an alibi. :err:

Got a whole new set. I was like..."Oh damn." when I opened that box.

Another gripe.

Why are they starting to name our kits, Pets A, Pets B, etc.? I don't know about you all, but getting a PDA away from the team for 30 minutes to write the planogram # on the boxes is almost an impossibility(our entire team is only allowed 2)

This weeks kits are similarly named.

I have a boat load of those high capacity bars... Some of mine are still in the plastic, so I'll see if the part number is still on it tomorrow.

They kinda look like the double hang bars for the Quads, (they have that same end that attaches to the rack, but on both ends. It is just shy of 4', and the center bar is adjustable using a spring button. I'm describing it because one of our tl ordered more about a year ago, and when they came in, I was like, "WHY did you order these? This shelf is full of them." She didn't know what they looked like, so instead of asking, decided to play in TIPP......

Last edited:
Another gripe.

Why are they starting to name our kits, Pets A, Pets B, etc.? I don't know about you all, but getting a PDA away from the team for 30 minutes to write the planogram # on the boxes is almost an impossibility(our entire team is only allowed 2)

This is not new! Probably the second year now that they've done this to us. Don't they realize that rarely is all of a transition done on the same day? You have to open all the boxes just to find the one part the setter needs! :dash3: I don't want to have to make a mess where there is no room for another mess just because someone in shipping is grammar challenged!

:angry2: At least provide us with a deciphering sheet outside of the boxes!

whew. got that off my chest.

I have a boat load of those high capacity bars... Some of mine are still in the plastic, so I'll see if the part number is still on it tomorrow.

They kinda look like the double hang bars for the Quads, (they have that same end that attaches to the rack, but on both ends. It is just shy of 4', and the center bar is adjustable using a spring button. I'm describing it because one of our tl ordered more about a year ago, and when they came in, I was like, "WHY did you order these? This shelf is full of them." She didn't know what they looked like, so instead of asking, decided to play in TIPP......

Yes! This is exactly what I am looking for!

Yeah, I used to have a few TLs and ETLs that played around in TIPP. loved that.

Pets being labeled by letter was a pain. I just made it a point to our O/N ETL that I NEEDED A PDA. I've just been straight up working without one for about a year now, so luckily when I say I need one they believe me. don't get me wrong, they don't always get me one - but they know I'm serious.

Oh god....just realized that BTS is coming in another month and I'm the only one old enough on the PT to have a clue on how to build bins with any kind of confidence.

What's an obscure illness that no ETL is likely to have ever have heard of before?
I hope I still have that card from the traveling voodoo doctor for an alibi. :err:

Take a vacation that week. Put it in now if no one knows it's setting that week.

New to me. Never, ever gotten boxes marked A, B, C, D, Etc.

Not the alphabet before this, but definitely (fill in the blank Dept Name) "Transition" done in multiple boxes. You have to open up all to find the inlines, infos, strips, toppers, ect. Or worse (since it is coming up) BTS: BINS. Each box awkwardly large and heavy. Different kinds of bins in each box. Only one kind that can be set right away and

ETL/PTL: "We need you to build that bin."
-stares at boxes stacked on top of each other on an oversized pallet each which will need the size of half the Seasonal Flat to lay out for assembly-

:scare: "Mama...."

9 out of 10 the instructions with the identity of the bin are on the bottom of each box.

Last edited:

Take a vacation that week. Put it in now if no one knows it's setting that week.

They'd hunt me down. You don't get out of stuff like this unless you can provide your own death certificate.

If you didn't receive a new sun you weren't to move the one in seasonal. You just weren't getting anything for the FOS until BTS.

its funny, i too have just arrived to the point where i need to go back and start looking at my SAP orders and was ready to go back into the training to find out.

random question concerning softlines.

so there is a fixture called the "high capacity" fixture. (we have the old sl fixtures, not p09 or innovation/champagne stuff save for shoes and some tables). supposedly there is a bar that can be added to this fixture to make it two levels. for some reason every single A&A guide except for the new and city targets was completely unavailable. sap wasn't much help in a keyword search, and no one knows exactly what it is called. could be a 'double hang bar' but that could also be a generic term, or the bar that goes on quads, or towers, or the upper billboards. anyway - in short - i don't know. no one at my store knows what it is because we have never used or had them. however my stl insists that they do exist and it has been confirmed by one of our transfers. so - anyone know what i am talking about and have at least a name if not number for it?

thanks guys.

ps did anyone else have a pets reinvention and absolutely everything for the focal was the wrong size?

oh and also WHY DO THE EARLY SET NOTES NOT POST TO THE SIGNING BOARD ANYMORE? sorry for the shouting, but i find it maddening. maybe it is just me, but i find it so annoying.

My stainless steel high capacity bars are stamped AM0680, which wasn't available, but I found AM0681. I think it may be the same bar(surprise, no photo), just grey in color.

At the same time I found AM0808, the handle for the pull down bike rack. I needed one of those!

thanks for the part numbers guys! i will check them all out.

i missed the message about Ariba getting an upgrade.

I did see the one about how CEVA messed something up and there were some orders from certain dates that needed to be put onto a special form. i didn't even have time to look up my orders at all. ugh. hope it wasn't too important.

I just want them to fix the software. You can't even double-check a part number in your shopping basket after you've clicked on it. Since I usually only write down the needed # and not the description, if I mess up on a quantity of similar items....well, you can guess the headache there.

How is everyone liking those clear plastic screws they've been sending? (Such as for the butcherblock headers in Grocery.) They are quick and easy to put up, but at the same time look a little funky. Guess I'll like them more than the metal brackets which always seem to manage to slide between the layers of cardboard, but pegholes are never quite at the same height level one section to the next and the perfectionist in me hates that too.

Back