MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

anyone received their baking center shipper already? for the market bulk.

If this is what I think it is, ours has been set for a few weeks already. Has canned pumpkin & other seasonal baking items on it??

I'm a relatively new signing TM (about a month), and I'm still feeling lost on a few things. The person who was supposed to be training me basically just delegated a few tasks, so I knew how to put up specific signs but not how to organize anything, where things go, what my priorities should be, etc. I think I'm doing okay, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to get everything done in 40 hours! Does anyone have any general advice? I'm looking through this thread, but 82 pages is a lot, and I don't want to miss something important.

Specific question: Is there a way of seeing what is supposed to be coming in on specific pallets or for a specific week, besides the packing list that is often not attached? I've been having a lot of last minute "What do you mean you don't have this fixture!?" and I'd like to cut down on it as much as I can.

Welcome to The Break Room.

There is an online invoice but you aren't going to get it sooner than you will the regular invoice but it's handy if you're missing the paper.
Missing fixtures is fun, I found that often it came down to the person not really knowing what they were looking for.
Having a clear idea of what something is can go a long way towards fixing so many problems.

The fact that there's an invoice is news to me... ugh. What I wouldn't give for some actual training. How do I access it? (Also, thanks!)

Online packing list hasn't been working for quite awhile. I haven't checked in a couple weeks, but I'm pretty sure its been abandoned.

Tip. Using the large hanger bins work pretty good for storing the completed overhead balls. I've built all the first wave of overheads, but haven't started on the bulk of the signs that arrived yesterday...... I'm praying I can get them done in 2 days time??

PTRST; Last week was 51 hours of signing and this week was 55. You should have a helper. I have a person on flow that helps me when I need it. Best to find a good helper and continue to use the same person every time. That way you can leave them alone building while you complete other work... (Last week prebuilding xmas and the entertainment set on same days)

So I'm our current signing person and my last day is fri.....I'm being promoted to team lead. My only worry is our store going into 4th quarter without anyone. I know we are taking interviews but from the gossip I'm getting is that our lead contender is this girl from in stocks who is afraid to use the wave and can't come in until 8 am or later. We have a Plano team member who knows it, but is a lazy sloppy guy who obsoletely hates it and refuses to work more than 20 hours a week. So basically is our store gonna be screwed for 4th quarter???

So I'm our current signing person and my last day is fri.....I'm being promoted to team lead. My only worry is our store going into 4th quarter without anyone. I know we are taking interviews but from the gossip I'm getting is that our lead contender is this girl from in stocks who is afraid to use the wave and can't come in until 8 am or later. We have a Plano team member who knows it, but is a lazy sloppy guy who obsoletely hates it and refuses to work more than 20 hours a week. So basically is our store gonna be screwed for 4th quarter???

You guys would be better off just hiring somebody cold and training them from scratch rather than taking either of these two winners.

Online packing list hasn't been working for quite awhile. I haven't checked in a couple weeks, but I'm pretty sure its been abandoned.

I have got to stop giving specific advice, things change to much.
Usually for the worse.

You guys would be better off just hiring somebody cold and training them from scratch rather than taking either of these two winners.

I completely agree but my opinion doesn't seem to matter. I've been trying to talk one of the electronics guys into applying cause I think he'd be great and can work earlier and still go to school but our elect team lead doesn't want to lose any of his team....

anyone received their baking center shipper already? for the market bulk.

If this is what I think it is, ours has been set for a few weeks already. Has canned pumpkin & other seasonal baking items on it??

We do those items. We are doing revision on Monday.

Ahhh. My CTL is an overachiever then. He set it himself a few weeks ago. Really he just realizes there are things he can do and plano/signing can be elsewhere while he does it. He and I did the revision for the produce area of pfresh ourselves one day, and he did the meat revision a few days later.

If your Christmas signing isn't all prebuilt by Friday...your store is really screwed.....

If your Christmas signing isn't all prebuilt by Friday...your store is really screwed.....

Thankfully, I have finished prebuilding everything minus the over heads. I looked at them and the map really confused me. It's super small. I've prebuilt 3 tree overheads but cant seem to figure out where they go. We are a pfresh store with 2 enterances. Elect on the left side open market on the right, domestics, housewares, seasonal in the back.

I know I won't get through all of mine by Friday - however since we are so short on people (aka no help for me) the POG team has "agreed" to do the wrap bins, which I hope is enough off my plate to get through it. However, I think I am missing a lot of items. I can't find my Arctic Whatever giant tree focal (i assume it must be massive? or am I wrong). Also - why the need to label things "Fixture 1" "Fixture 2" and "Fixture 3" instead of what they are? I had to open every bin just to see what was what. Also - only found one box with table covers, everything else is random departmentally specific overheads - electronics, consumables, plus three boxes of regular overheads and then the checklanes. It just seems like I am missing stuff. I also may have misplaced my packslips in my rush to get through the pallets - not having online packslip is a real pain. Also is it just me or did they wait until the last minute to put up the November MSU?

**edit
also - is it just me or did they really change around the way the hours are in the MSU? i'm usually double booked in hours but they're extremely low (like less than 10/20 weekly) save for next week which is listed at over 60.

Last edited:
I know I won't get through all of mine by Friday - however since we are so short on people (aka no help for me) the POG team has "agreed" to do the wrap bins, which I hope is enough off my plate to get through it. However, I think I am missing a lot of items. I can't find my Arctic Whatever giant tree focal (i assume it must be massive? or am I wrong). Also - why the need to label things "Fixture 1" "Fixture 2" and "Fixture 3" instead of what they are? I had to open every bin just to see what was what. Also - only found one box with table covers, everything else is random departmentally specific overheads - electronics, consumables, plus three boxes of regular overheads and then the checklanes. It just seems like I am missing stuff. I also may have misplaced my packslips in my rush to get through the pallets - not having online packslip is a real pain. Also is it just me or did they wait until the last minute to put up the November MSU?

i started building since tuesday. i did the gold and silver focal 1st and then the premium wrap and bows. tom. might hit the tree for softlines and then on friday start to takedown the oh for FOS ang if there is time before the store open ill put up the power aisle swags.

how about othersigning team whats your plan for the weeK?

please reply your plan maybe you guys have better plan.
thanks

**edit
also - is it just me or did they really change around the way the hours are in the MSU? i'm usually double booked in hours but they're extremely low (like less than 10/20 weekly) save for next week which is listed at over 60.

yup thats 60hrs for the week of 11/03 but once you pre built the shippers and put up the swags you'll be fine

I am going to come in at midnight one night next week to hang the bulk of the signs and the rest of the week will be working on whatever Christmas is left.

The tree table isn't marked Artic, can't remember what it was marked, but the table is blue. The ornaments for the rockefeller tree is marked Artic.

Packing list won't help a bit here. The boxes are lazily labeled generically, its almost impossible to know whats in them. I just started at the top of the pile and worked my way down...

Back