MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Plus, some displays are built by that 3rd-party company (Impact?).

Impact builds cribs and dressers or other wooden displays.

As far as having signs for box stock, it has been this way for a while. I think it's kind of confusing for the guest, but even on the last set they sent them for all the play yards. It says this on the POG cover page somewhere I believe. I usually hang the box stock signs lower, by cliping them from the top of the sign to the metal fencing, and hang the rest from the mid-point of the holder. All the signs should be up for box stock and for displays.

Double check your monkey swing, there should be a new one.

We got the usual "Hey, Impact/Apollo is coming to help assemble those" after I got the huge set of baby furniture/stroller displays, but when the guy showed up, he assembled just one thing and then high-tailed it out.. Turned out everything was pretty easy, pretty much just pop-in-and-click with the exception of the bouncers. That Eddie Bauer wood high chair was an SOAB to assemble =P I am fairly notorious at my store for not wanting any kids, and my Pres.TL got a pic of me pushing two strollers down the main aisle to the baby flat =P

kangkang said:
any one got there pallet for the new CSE? I only received 1 pallet and it say 2 of 3 pallet.

Yes, mine came in over several trucks. The pallets are quite large, so I see why they broke them up over multiple truckloads.

Got started this morning. Get into a system with it and it will go quick. I'm thinking of prebuilding the tops/bottoms on mine to make it go faster.

Last edited:
I received pallet 2 and 3. I think the challenge is for the large cse if its under a 36+ deep shelf. its hard to reach the rail.

I determined the only time I can hang using the Wav all day will be after 8am. Hate hanging during busy store hours, but thats the only time backroom will give up the Wav for 8 hours straight. I had to use the 12' ladder today. :(

The hanging focal walls were easier for me once I prebuilt them. I had a hard time with the low walls. Put up both rails, then the white backer didn't want to go in easily without my brackets popping out.

I'll get better at it, but today was tiring.

The 3 CSE pallets are getting delayed at many stores due to weather. There was a urgent news message board about it this week. So far, I only have pallet #2 of 3. Yay...

last pallet came in today. any one started putting it up already? any tips or tricks?

1. Pre-build the high walls. This will make it go faster. Do not pre-build the low walls.

2. When pre-building the high walls, make sure the back is on the back side. I picked one number to be the orientation for the top (the holes don't line up if you do not have them all going in the same direction.

3. Pay attention to the non-photographic (Cream?) poster for the low walls. They are marked A, B, and C in the lower corners. The instructions don't show it clearly.

4. Watch out for non-punched holes on your plastic rails.

5. Low walls - definitely work your way across in one direction. It really doesn't matter whether it's left or right, as long as it's all in one direction.

6. Find a way to organize all of your parts. I just brought the whole hardware box out with me so I wouldn't lose the pieces, and separated the bags within so I could reach it easily.

7. Pay attention to the paperwork, it will tell you which standard to put the brackets in for your store (for the low walls).

8. For the high walls, I left the hooks as they were for the most part (from the last set). Go ahead and throw out the plastic backs for these.

9. The endwall ones are evil.

Last edited:
Whew! I only received Pallet #2 out of 3, and the leadery types (who had no clue it was even going to be a thing to do) have been wondering when it's supposed to be finished by. I went thru the first pallet and all I could find were just white border-looking pieces. I have a bunch of empty spare backer-paper boxes that I used to sort out the individual piece types so they could be put on a tub and ferried around instead of just lying mixed together in an enormous pallet-wide box.. I saw the invoice paper with it that said there were presumably a zillion fixtures like xmas tree clips, but none of them were anywhere in it -- "glad" there are additional pallets still to arrive.

Message board about extra dart clips being sent out to the stores. There wasn't enough in the original shipment.

Also, the whole CSE rollout has not been smooth. The hours projected for this are all over the place. Monthly Signing Update, the project scope sheet, and the payroll forecast. My ETL was not aware of this until I told him about it.

Message board about extra dart clips being sent out to the stores. There wasn't enough in the original shipment.

Also, the whole CSE rollout has not been smooth. The hours projected for this are all over the place. Monthly Signing Update, the project scope sheet, and the payroll forecast. My ETL was not aware of this until I told him about it.

Seriously, are they ever?
I can't tell you how many times I had to inform them about things that were in the updates and then had to print it out to get them to believe me.

Started my cse project today. I mean the old style case was way to difficult and time consuming. I'm glad target has made it easier...............yeah I feel sorry for any new signing tms that get this dumped on them as their first project. I'll be wearing my gloves for this one already got a cut on my hand.

I don't think Ill finish the low wall this week. 2 more schedule 4-8 and after that be back on monday.
I only did shoes, jewelry and intimates and half of rtw, I still have mens,boys and girls and the infants.

I've only gotten one RTW graphic up, but I've pre-assembled all of my large pieces so I don't need to do it on the floor. Thankfully my Pres.TL is helping out, and should have all RTW and Mens done by tomorrow. Haven't even started on any low-wallers or enders.

On a side note, here is a quick guide for how to view the training video in Workbench:
1. Open Workbench.
2. Navigate to the Monthly Signing Update by Sales Floor -> Pricing & Signing -> ISM -> Monthly Signing Update.
3. Read the MSU about how many hours it will require and learn there is a training video.
4. Navigate to where the MSU describes the video should be.
5. Fail to locate the video as described.
6. Use the search bar to also fail to find any helpful search result ever.
7. Say the sentence, "Why Can't They Just Link It Directly?" in Pig Latin, aloud.
8. Raise your left arm and oink.
9. Hoist up your (future?) firstborn as an offering to Workbench to work properly.
10. Randomly locate another document that says the first document was wrong and there is a diferent place to find it.
11. Realize the computer you are on has sound disabled behind Windows admin password.
12. Move to another computer but forget where the second document said to go.
13. Spend another 15 minutes wondering why they couldn't just link to it directly, while you search through tree after tree of options.
14. Finally locate video and watch it, and answer all of the review questions wrong because the only thing you were paying attention to was vaguely which clip went in which hole.
15. Done!

Ygh...no one knew about the new cse until I told my ptl about the hours it says should take. I found two different hour estimates on my monthly update it says 36 for everthing...which had me go wtf not right. Went searching on workbench found a different guide that sorted out each section and said it would take 40 hours for two team membera for the week of 2/9. And another 40 for two teammembers for week of 2/16 to complete everything.
Apparently no one else at my store saw this. ( I can't remember what report it was but ill post it once Iget to work tom)
I started my cse in softlines. Started last thursday.friday. monday. And today to get allllll of softlines done ande1 lowwall for baby.
Starting hardlines tomorrow....I hope depends on what my ptl decides. Apparently I'm on truck on friday instead of doing more signing.

I just finished intimates and shoes. Anyone having issues with the graphics not being flush
Yeah iv had issues with graphics not being flush. The top bar and the bottom have to be lined up just right. I got a few of mine fixed, but gave up afterawhile since there is so much to do

i have a question regarding printing signs using the main printer. When you print the signs, does it have to be the paper the screen tells you to put? I was auditing after the ad, and i had temp signs and sale signs in one batch. I'm sure you can't make them all sale signs right? I'm guessing you just put one type of paper in and let that print and then put the other paper to finish?

Back