MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Wished I new about this site when I started doing signing in 08.

Welcome to The Break Room.
This is a huge thread but you will fine all kinds of nifty stuff (besides whining) from how to keep you fixture room safe to making a nifty signing cart.

Hey, guys!

Is there a master list for end cap strips? My support tells me it's on workbench but I can't find it. They don't always send new ones when a certain area resets.

Hum, when baby 360 reset I did not get the strips and my support sent me a list of the numbers.

Tell them the list is unavailable and ask again?

So, I didn't get any signing for this week, other than a lot of replacement signs I ordered last week. I'm going to try and get to every department, dusting, repairing and ordering replacement signs. What are your plans?

When we reset baby last week my PPTL told me the last thing on my list should be the infant focal. Well, I have received the crib, oversized chair, and dresser for the focal but I'm still missing a small rug that is supposed to go in the center of the focal. All of the above items have been assembled and are sitting in my signing area taking up much needed space. The problem is I have been told I can't have the focal switched out until ALL items have come in. So the clearance crib and dresser are still out there. My question is should I set the focal and MySupport the missing rug or just wait it out? I'm getting different direction from different ETL's. Also my PPTL only cares if the new signing is up for the focal so she told me to leave all the clearance furniture up there but put all the new signing up. This makes even less sense to me. Any advise??

I'm going to say that putting up the signing but not the displays makes absolutely no sense at all.
My PTL would say that missing something like a rug would be no excuse to not set up or to clutter up the back.
Of course NASATS.
If they are telling you not to there's only so far you can challenge upward.
At least until the DTL does a walk through and wonders what the frell is going on.

On our focal, there is a carpet covering the base deck. As far as I know that is the only rug.

Where else did you see it calling for a rug?

As for what to do send out one big E-mail to everyone who has given direction to you and ask for clarification. That way when they write back everyone can see what is being said. Also will help with the "cover your tush" part of it too.

Last edited:
Question: Anyone have the part name or number of the small sticky grey puck that goes on the back of the bright spot phones?

Extra credit: I ordered brooms for the backroom and all they sent me was the head. Anyone know how to get the shaft erm I mean handles?

Super Bouns Round: the name or number to order three tier carts for the backroom?

Thanks in advance.

When I had our SFT put together the furniture he asked if I wanted it put up. I told him,"Sure, please!!" That's when he asked if I had the rug somewhere. I asked him which rug he was referring to and he said he received a spreadsheet via e-mail stating all of the pieces for the focal, and one was a rug. He showed me a pic of a light blue rug with the brand name of the furniture on it in white lettering. (Off hand I don't remember the brand) But the e-mail didn't have the size of the rug on it. So I don't know if its something that can be placed with the furniture already there or if all the furniture will have to be unsecured, the rug laid, and then everything resecured. (That is what the SFT is trying to avoid)[/QUOTE]

Hum my SFT didn't mention a rug. Guess I'll look into that tomorrow. I will never get out of baby it haunts me pawing at me for attention and knocking my stuff of my desk, oh wait thats my plus sized tabby cat. Still it feels about the same.

Try the e-mail, that way its not your call and everyone can see what you were told.

On our focal, there is a carpet covering the base deck. As far as I know that is the only rug.

Where else did you see it calling for a rug?

As for what to do send out one big E-mail to everyone who has given direction to you and ask for clarification. That way when they write back everyone can see what is being said. Also will help with the "cover your tush" part of it too.

Great advice @Signkitty
I tended to run solo too much of the time and in the long run it hurt me.
CYA every step of the way.

There is a rug for the focal. PMTs have a project on Redwire to build all the focal furniture and it mentioned that the rug and sheets for the crib would be arriving late.

When you send the email make sure to mention the notice to the PMT's.
Then I would set up the damned furniture.
You never know how long it will take to get that stuff.
That also explains why MySupport is ignoring you, they figure you'll find the notice.

I'd say, put up what you have. Your the one that has to deal with bulky furniture in the way. What if the carpet doesn't come in any time soon? I'd rather have the furniture on the focal then have it in the backroom somewhere getting hit or damaged. I didn't see anything about a carpet. You can my support it to see what's the ETA before putting the furniture up. Or you can put the furniture up and help the SFT when the carpet comes in.

I'd say, put up what you have. Your the one that has to deal with bulky furniture in the way. What if the carpet doesn't come in any time soon? I'd rather have the furniture on the focal then have it in the backroom somewhere getting hit or damaged. I didn't see anything about a carpet. You can my support it to see what's the ETA before putting the furniture up. Or you can put the furniture up and help the SFT when the carpet comes in.

Don't even get me started on displays getting damaged.
The worst was when the guys came in to build ones just as I was leaving and left them sitting in the way of the truck doors.
So flow team moved them...
Just use your imagination.
I had to reorder one of them and do some major repairs on the other.

Great advice @Signkitty
I tended to run solo too much of the time and in the long run it hurt me.
CYA every step of the way.

I am a lone kitty most of the time. However I learned a important lesson going through the application prosses for the signing postion.

Do not trust ANYONE. Even the people I love and don't think are out to get me I still do not trust. I leave e-mail chains all the time as proof that I did as told. I also hang on to paper work far longer then I would like. Finally I try to learn all the facts and angles before talking about anything so I know I am right.

Reading this over makes me feel like a paranoid crazy person but it's working.

I am a lone kitty most of the time. However I learned a important lesson going through the application prosses for the signing postion.

Do not trust ANYONE. Even the people I love and don't think are out to get me I still do not trust. I leave e-mail chains all the time as proof that I did as told. I also hang on to paper work far longer then I would like. Finally I try to learn all the facts and angles before talking about anything so I know I am right.

Reading this over makes me feel like a paranoid crazy person but it's working.

Wise Kitty.

Back