MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

My store has a new cosmetics person and they're making sure she puts up the adhesives on everything so it's sure to be clean.

F U C K C9 SIGNING. I had enough trouble reshopping softlines back when I closed hardlines.

Boys and Girls is supposed to have a C9 wall. At my store, it's fuckin' Cat and Jack! I put up the black backer paper, but the rest of the signs I just put on the four quads we have of C9.

The titty-mannequins, we're supposed to have four sections according to the map that was sent. We have three. On the wall, not on the edge of the aisle like the map. Also we need more crossbars for activewear. SO I CAN'T DO THE PAPER.

Thank god for menswear being easy.

I rushed the entertainment signing today just to get it done. I'm thankful my pallet didn't come in today. How big is this week's pallet supposed to be?

I got my HBA pallet, today, with very little SPLN signing on it, which means I think there may be more than just one this week.

To whichever signing tm sent out an email beyond their store, that got seen by the dtl, and is making cleaning those cosmetic headers with spitfire a NOW thing instead of a soon thing: fuck you, go eat an egg. Argh.

This c9 signing is gonna be the death of me, my girls won't touch 90%of it.

I haven't seen Spitfire in years.

From another thread:
Front end uses the clear general purpose cleaner called Perdiem. The blue, mulitpurpose cleaner, is called Glance. There is a red cleaner called Spitfire, and it's a powerful cleaner/degreaser.

The blue stuff is used for cleaning of shelves by Plano, mostly. Most stores have a backroom location where the cleaning crew keep their equipment. That is where the cleaner can be found, and also trash bags, paper towels, and toilet paper. Also, the room where the CAs keep their stuff may have some.
Thanks
Flowmotion

Last edited:
From another thread:
Front end uses the clear general purpose cleaner called Perdiem. The blue, mulitpurpose cleaner, is called Glance. There is a red cleaner called Spitfire, and it's a powerful cleaner/degreaser.

The blue stuff is used for cleaning of shelves by Plano, mostly. Most stores have a backroom location where the cleaning crew keep their equipment. That is where the cleaner can be found, and also trash bags, paper towels, and toilet paper. Also, the room where the CAs keep their stuff may have some.

Flowmotion

Whatever that link is, it doesn't work

I put the overhead "corral" c9 signing today, but I dont have the corresponding hanging new style c9 banners. Did anyone else get these?

Hi,

If anyone from corporate is reading this, please create 3x3 Cartwheel Signing that we can print in store. I'd love to promote big deals on items and not cause confusion when a guest (understandably) thinks that items near the giant 7x11 for one item also applies to another.

Yours truly,
Glo

P.S.: An official Cartwheel 7x11 template would be dank too. Slide it in on Workbench please.

Are the new 18 by 18 signs and sign holders replacing small and large Billboards? I haven't received any Billboards since we started getting these 3 weeks ago.

Can anyone tell me or put up a picture of what the top of the fru-fru facial product sections looks like?(the sections with laneig/SW basics ECT) I can't make heads or tails of the planogram.
, And my Plano team didn't touch any of the headers or valances.

To whichever signing tm sent out an email beyond their store, that got seen by the dtl, and is making cleaning those cosmetic headers with spitfire a NOW thing instead of a soon thing: fuck you, go eat an egg. Argh.

That maaaaaaaaaaaay have been me. :rolleyes: I found the tip earlier in this thread and my STL was super psyched to send it out. Sorry!

I put the overhead "corral" c9 signing today, but I dont have the corresponding hanging new style c9 banners. Did anyone else get these?

I got a banner for men's, none for women's and no corrals for either department. Our district had an email last month about taking men's halos and banners down, so I ended up using the banner for women's and said I'd order another.

That maaaaaaaaaaaay have been me. :rolleyes: I found the tip earlier in this thread and my STL was super psyched to send it out. Sorry![\quote]

My goodness my sides LOL! I was the one who suggested the Spitfire in the first place in this thread. I'm so sorry for causing anybody pain. At least your Headers will look good!

A perfect example of how The Break Room can be awesome and dangerous at the same time.

Are the new 18 by 18 signs and sign holders replacing small and large Billboards? I haven't received any Billboards since we started getting these 3 weeks ago.
Search a&a signing on workbench. It gives you all the changes, but yes Billboards are supposed to be a thing of the past.
That maaaaaaaaaaaay have been me. :rolleyes: I found the tip earlier in this thread and my STL was super psyched to send it out. Sorry!

I got a banner for men's, none for women's and no corrals for either department. Our district had an email last month about taking men's halos and banners down, so I ended up using the banner for women's and said I'd order another.
So far I've got both corrals and the men's banner...need to finish opening boxes to double check. I waited most of the day for my vml to finish the adjacency as I offered to do all the signing for it...it will get finished tomorrow...hopefully.

Sorry, new, what's CSE, and how big is it supposed to be?

CSE's are the big Signs in the Store all over the walls (no clue what is stands for, like my training?)

In all it was 22 pages, ONE CSE per page, I didn't have all that time to see how many, if not all pertained to me, if it does that means that is probably more than 100 panels to change.

CSE's are the big Signs in the Store all over the walls (no clue what is stands for, like my training?)

In all it was 22 pages, ONE CSE per page, I didn't have all that time to see how many, if not all pertained to me, if it does that means that is probably more than 100 panels to change.

oh

So who else does those then

Ha!

Us, and us alone.

Edit: Unless you refer to your Wave, as a Sentient, then it is me and jake

Ah gotcha.

What do you mean by "pertained to me"?

Speaking of waves though. So BRTL asked me when I'd be done with the wave because BR needed to backstock. I told him 15 minutes. I gave it back in 10.

FOR THE NEXT FOUR HOURS IT JUST SAT THERE IN THE BACKROOM LIKE WHAT THE FUCK

Its every fucking thing in softlines. Jewelry, shoes, boys, girls, c9 of all types, rtw, mens, etc. It's gonna take forever.

But guess who had the etl-hr double check she could drive the man lift/scissor lift on some chart today? This girl! No more sharing the broke ass wav (until the next time someone says it's not actually allowed again) . *happy dance*

Cse I can do myself pretty efficiently. It's all about the parallel parking skills.

CSE stands for Coordinated Store Environment.

Its every fucking thing in softlines. Jewelry, shoes, boys, girls, c9 of all types, rtw, mens, etc. It's gonna take forever.

But guess who had the etl-hr double check she could drive the man lift/scissor lift on some chart today? This girl! No more sharing the broke ass wav (until the next time someone says it's not actually allowed again) . *happy dance*

Cse I can do myself pretty efficiently. It's all about the parallel parking skills.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound so bad since it's just softlines. If I had unlimited access to the WAV, it would only take me 3.5 hours to get all of softlines done at my store, but I am a smaller store so that probaby makes a difference. I average about 15 minutes per wall/box. Now, if it were the entire store... that would be ugly.

I guess you could factor in the Sporting Goods and Toys walls that are resetting this week too. I can finally finish the toys wall that was left undone by my predecessor when the new signing went in 3 years ago, hahaha. Love how absolutely no one has ever noticed the missing panels!

Back