MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Your PMT is wrong. Every fixture room I have ever been in stores the shelves alternating like that.

We have ours sorted by size: 14" in one section, 18" in three sections with the few 22" at the bottom, a section for 3' end cap shelves, and 2 sections of softlines shelves (those aren't really sorted but just all condensed onto each other).
My pmt is the pmt in our district, and even group. He just explained the one in, one flipped at huddle the other day.

We have our bigger shelves at the top, they require the scissor lift to reach unless you have long arms. Everything else is mashed in there. Softlines is supposed to be the front two sections but it's everywhere. Mostly carts and the floor. I'm at epic breakdown level again. I got three carts and a tub sorted and in two weeks am right back there again. Etl-log and I will be sitting down to craft a brand email about brand.

Ours is probably just half of that room. Very envious here of how organized that is.

Mine looks very similar but with tubs of softlines shelves and flats of shippers lined up too. I regularly have to go thru everything to keep it organized though...I guess labeling things with pictures isn't enough for some people. Or, you know, them just looking at how things are stored and following that.

I can't imagine how much space you'd waste without doing it like that, it's the most efficient way to store them on a wall.

I am pretty sure there is something called the Fixture Room Organization Guide that can be ordered on SAP and it has pics of the shelves stored exactly like this. I would order one and wave it in the PMT's face. Lol

OH YEAH so the fixture room bin picture things is there actually a number for that

This fucking room is clean and I'm not letting these fucks mess it up again, so help me god.
Its listed somewhere...search shoukd pop it up. It didnt have everything i needed and stuff we dont use anymore. Plus i need multiples of some things. Ive been printing pics off sap and labeling them for the 3x5 holders.

Its listed somewhere...search shoukd pop it up. It didnt have everything i needed and stuff we dont use anymore. Plus i need multiples of some things. Ive been printing pics off sap and labeling them for the 3x5 holders.

That's a great idea- I never thought to print the pics off of SAP! I have used index cards to place on the bins with a description and part number.

Does anyone know what a "bear claw" is

A 3" x 3" adhesive square with 4 white prongs that attach into the pegboard. In years past all headers down every aisle were attached to the gondola using bearclaws, now it's too easy with the left/right metal hooks.

There is also a smaller version that has a 1" x 3" adhesive with prongs.

A 3" x 3" adhesive square with 4 white prongs that attach into the pegboard. In years past all headers down every aisle were attached to the gondola using bearclaws, now it's too easy with the left/right metal hooks.

There is also a smaller version that has a 1" x 3" adhesive with prongs.

Oh good so you know what they are.

What's the part number?

CSE graphics in my infant department need them and I had *just enough* to get them up.

It's been years since I ordered them last and I'm not at work for a couple days to check.

I used to order them so often I had it memorized, but now I don't remember it. I'm pretty sure it ended in 35, maybe F0035?

Do you have the arm swung up?
Yes. Arm swung up and gap filler in place.

Which reminds me I need to walk that aisle and check with my flow peeps to see how its going. Second truck since we put them in.

Oh good so you know what they are.

What's the part number?

CSE graphics in my infant department need them and I had *just enough* to get them up.

I didn't think any of the CSE signing used the bear claws anymore. Haven't used one since at least 2013. Does your CSE not use the falcon boards with top and bottom channels?

PMT was telling me something about how the upsidedown backwards ones weren't allowed or something. I didn't believe it.

I want to actually sort the shelves and condense them as much as I humanly can so I can fit as many as I can on there. We have a tub of softlines shelves sitting around.

Thanks!

A few months before I quit we were told we could no longer store shelves like that either. We had to palletize tons of shelves and load them into a storage unit we had. DTL visited all stores within a month to ensure we had corrected the issue.

I didn't think any of the CSE signing used the bear claws anymore. Haven't used one since at least 2013. Does your CSE not use the falcon boards with top and bottom channels?

Some of it does. My diaper wall does not have the falcon boards, for example.

Back