MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone else get their Preview of this "Zone Free" Market Transition? or am I one of the "lucky" ones in the "Pilot" of some episode of the Twilight Zone.
Is that available now? Last I checked, on 3/21, the link to the zone assist guide still said "Available on March 20th"... lol.

Pilots -> Grocery Operations Rollout -> Zone Assist Guide if this is the same thing.

Excellent. I'll check that today when I go in in about an hour.

I hope display order report actually updated. I need to see the status.

Anyone else get their Preview of this "Zone Free" Market Transition? or am I one of the "lucky" ones in the "Pilot" of some episode of the Twilight Zone.
So we actually did this October. Clear plenty of space for the fixtures- my garden center is still all jacked up/full of them. They did not send all the parts and arguing with mysupport was delightful. There will be hours charged out for installing the zone assist fixtures. I briefly got 1 or 2 tms to assist, but did most of it single handedly. I'm honestly still salty about it... and they keep having me order more pushers to put elsewhere in the store because they love it so much... Guess who installs those. o_O

So we actually did this October. Clear plenty of space for the fixtures- my garden center is still all jacked up/full of them. They did not send all the parts and arguing with mysupport was delightful. There will be hours charged out for installing the zone assist fixtures. I briefly got 1 or 2 tms to assist, but did most of it single handedly. I'm honestly still salty about it... and they keep having me order more pushers to put elsewhere in the store because they love it so much... Guess who installs those. o_O

Same here. I had helpers to some extent but even though we were given extra hours to complete the task, once those were scheduled we were told Plano work came first, so those hours went to plano instead. As a result, my pushers are not yet complete from the October rollout. Trying to work on that this week. Except for the AF nuts because those fixtures I had to order as they forgot to send them.

I am in the same boat with leadership wanting to add pushers and other fixtures in elsewhere in the store. They seem to think I have a huge stash of whatever they need when they want it. I have told them more than once they need to explain to me what they want to do so I can order the extras, then we can make the switch. Falling on deaf ears so far. I've taken to walking the store myself and making a list of what changes can be made with what fixtures. Then I will work on slowly ordering them to do so.

Lol at br TL trying to get the fixture room steel to hold the stupid fucking new metro racks. That is going straight up in the steel with the market garbage that got thrown up there and never coming down

I got a box of "Operational" queuing info 8.5x11 inch signs that are supposed to go on top of the black space divider things for making queues. The tops of the poles that the ribbon stretches between are flat, but apparently I'm supposed to have a fixture for these signs that fits them, anyone know what it might be? disregard. Found it!

Last edited:
Well I just learned all my CSE's are changing for the rest of my entire store (except softlines that changed earlier this year). This, a week after this pusher installation is to start which means blitzing it early will not really be an option.

Also during this installation we are supposed to start our Home Innovation/A&A 2.0 remodel.
Queue the shit show.

Does anyone know if we can toss the Pinterest flags from a few years ago? Just found a waco full of them.

Not even sure anyone knows what Pintrest is anymore... I found some in my Fixture room and tossed it, no one has noticed (this was like 9 months ago).

Does anyone know if we can toss the Pinterest flags from a few years ago? Just found a waco full of them.
Not even sure anyone knows what Pintrest is anymore... I found some in my Fixture room and tossed it, no one has noticed (this was like 9 months ago).

Yep, toss those. I hated putting those little bastards up. Huge pain in the ass and I doubt it did anything to budge sales.

Lol at br TL trying to get the fixture room steel to hold the stupid fucking new metro racks. That is going straight up in the steel with the market garbage that got thrown up there and never coming down

Those metro racks are supposed to be built by the SFT and put to use by market, they shouldn't even enter the fixture room.

For those of you who will be adding the grocery pushers in April: look for the rollout guide for this in Workbench as it has some instructions you will need to make it less confusing, especially for the cheese fixtures! It also has an explanation for where the double pushers are to be used...which would have been much more helpful to me had I found it before we were halfway done.

Also check each pallet to see what fixtures you got and if you are missing any, mySupport it ASAP to get them sent to you. If you put "April Market Zone Assist Rollout" in the description they will answer you faster.

For those of you who will be adding the grocery pushers in April: look for the rollout guide for this in Workbench as it has some instructions you will need to make it less confusing, especially for the cheese fixtures! It also has an explanation for where the double pushers are to be used...which would have been much more helpful to me had I found it before we were halfway done.

Also check each pallet to see what fixtures you got and if you are missing any, mySupport it ASAP to get them sent to you. If you put "April Market Zone Assist Rollout" in the description they will answer you faster.

I learned this during our *** OMG E&E REMODEL, SEND REINFORCEMENTS*** phase last year. You will be honestly surprised at how quickly you will get an answer.

Whether it helps or not, mostly likely it won't, but it will give you a talking point sooner.

Yep, toss those. I hated putting those little bastards up. Huge pain in the ass and I doubt it did anything to budge sales.

Those metro racks are supposed to be built by the SFT and put to use by market, they shouldn't even enter the fixture room.

Words of the flow TL who put them in there: "They're fixtures."

I decided not to put them in the steel because the STL comes in tomorrow, and he's been *very* keen on keeping the fixture room floor clean now that everything is organized. :)

I am convinced this is 100% bullshit

where was this when I was PA.

i'm so mad

Well I just learned all my CSE's are changing for the rest of my entire store (except softlines that changed earlier this year). This, a week after this pusher installation is to start which means blitzing it early will not really be an option.

Also during this installation we are supposed to start our Home Innovation/A&A 2.0 remodel.
Queue the shit show.
October for us on the remodel. 178hrs for pushers, 10-20 pallets of fixtures. Brtl blanched when I told him what was coming...

... got a bunch of boxes marked sco remodel that sound like metro racks, plus wheels and poles. Are these for the market thing or sco. Our sco isn't til October...

October for us on the remodel. 178hrs for pushers, 10-20 pallets of fixtures. Brtl blanched when I told him what was coming...

... got a bunch of boxes marked sco remodel that sound like metro racks, plus wheels and poles. Are these for the market thing or sco. Our sco isn't til October...

If I had to guess I would say they are probably for market. Have you received new metro racks that are to be used as "fast mover racks" yet? If not, that is probably what they are for. These get used to keep fast selling items on so they can get wheeled out of the backroom and restocked quickly.

We just finished SCO which was a cluster we are still trying to finish with loose ends. Half of what they sent for it was not needed at all, some we were shortchanged on, some I have no idea where it goes, and we were not provided an accurately updated map so we have had to guess on pog placement.

If I had to guess I would say they are probably for market. Have you received new metro racks that are to be used as "fast mover racks" yet? If not, that is probably what they are for. These get used to keep fast selling items on so they can get wheeled out of the backroom and restocked quickly.

We just finished SCO which was a cluster we are still trying to finish with loose ends. Half of what they sent for it was not needed at all, some we were shortchanged on, some I have no idea where it goes, and we were not provided an accurately updated map so we have had to guess on pog placement.
Nope, I've only seen the Uboats come in. And couldn't fathom how metro racks would go with sco... Will check the part number in the morning.

Yeah they say SCO on them but they are for market. Let the PTM know about it, there should be a work order for the assembly.

Serious question when exactly am I supposed to be putting up the neopegs?

I'm not about to reset an aisle just to put up new backer paper. Given that backer paper only apparently sends 12 at a time or something I can't even do a full aisle with that.

Serious question when exactly am I supposed to be putting up the neopegs?

I'm not about to reset an aisle just to put up new backer paper. Given that backer paper only apparently sends 12 at a time or something I can't even do a full aisle with that.

Are you asking about the neopeg kit that came on this week's pallet? If so, those are for end caps with backer paper. Why they sent a nice little kit like that when hardly any end caps have backer on them anymore I don't know. And the little blue tools on a makeshift lanyard is a joke, those tools are not worth the time!

I put mine on a shelf and it will stay there unused.

Back