MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I'm about to put up directionals as well...What do you mean by "don't fit!? " I was able to put mine up with the 12" and 24" wires with a little finagling, but I did it!
What height ceiling? I'm 14ft.
I don't know if it's just me but I notice mysupport is on their "A" game lately. They've been ordering stuff that I've been missing or can't find part #s for and it gets here within a few days or week.
Amruth hates me.... thankfully grainger and office depot do not. Overnight shipping ftw.

Instructions were not like the lantern/chain set up where you tear according to ceiling heights. I kept the length of the skeleton bone as is and the instructions also stated bottom of the sign to the floor is supposed to be 8'. Unless that rule doesn't apply anymore?

Instructions were not like the lantern/chain set up where you tear according to ceiling heights. I kept the length of the skeleton bone as is and the instructions also stated bottom of the sign to the floor is supposed to be 8'. Unless that rule doesn't apply anymore?

Should still apply. I used that rule to hang my directionals too.

No one in my store knew about the focal toppers until I asked them why they didn’t use them.... I showed them the picture someone posted earlier and they were all fasinated. They then “couldn’t find them” so I took a peak and the first box I see says “seasonal focal topper retro fit”
It would have been nice if the POG had called for those shelves instead of saying "fixture unknown". We set shelves in the top notch after like 30min of staring at the POGs and label strips in confusion. Fairly sure the boxes we got just said "focal shelf" or something and for some reason they got put with the roller shelves we received for the vitamin aisle reset.

The label on both our boxes looked like your standard signing label with “retrofit” as the department on the top and “focal topper” as the description

Ours didn't have the ISM label on them, just the stuff the manufacturer put on. It's a shame they didn't bother putting the actual fixture on the POG or we wouldn't have wasted so much time setting it with shelves then having to redo it. The saddest part is that it actually probably looked better with the shelves the way we had it set up, we had to add dividers to the topper shelves since the stuff on the front and sides is different price points and because the shelf is so tiny it all gets pushed together.

Ours didn't have the ISM label on them, just the stuff the manufacturer put on. It's a shame they didn't bother putting the actual fixture on the POG or we wouldn't have wasted so much time setting it with shelves then having to redo it. The saddest part is that it actually probably looked better with the shelves the way we had it set up, we had to add dividers to the topper shelves since the stuff on the front and sides is different price points and because the shelf is so tiny it all gets pushed together.

Who looks at the seasonal visual adjacency at your store? It showed the topper and where it would go.

Also the transition notes included the info on the topper although it says to follow the pog and gives you a fixture number but that doesn’t exist and when you scan the topper it comes up with a foxture number Ax0000 and no pogs.

I think my PPTL assumed it was a cardboard or plastic buildout, which our STL doesn't allow us to use so we would have had to use the normal shelves anyway. She tends to not look at visual anything since that she feels that falls under the VMTM (who doesn't really do much except dust the Hearth and Hand aisle at our store).

I'm pretty sure Amruth hates me too! Does not get good feedback ratings from me.
I stopped giving ratings after they ignored a ticket we escalated and both have the lowest score possible. It sat for a month til my dtl escalated it again for me.... he's the best.

I followed the lengths on the sheet for directionals. Store was open by then and my pog bff was guarding my cones and handing me stuff so I was rushing. Checklane lanterns could use 30" not 36". Gonna fix that later.

Sun/mon pptl and I will build all the furniture before the burlington planorama.😎

I would have skipped the dividers since the decor all has price points on the items. Dividers just take away from the presentation of it.

I think my PPTL assumed it was a cardboard or plastic buildout, which our STL doesn't allow us to use so we would have had to use the normal shelves anyway. She tends to not look at visual anything since that she feels that falls under the VMTM (who doesn't really do much except dust the Hearth and Hand aisle at our store).

How does your stl feel about the cardboard build outs on the table then? Are you allowed to use that one at least? Or all the cardboard used for bts?

Last edited:
Anyone else besides signing/presentation people lose their favorites at anybody's store?
I did as well but I figured with Presentation/Pricing going away anyway that it was sign. Sign that I can use the excuse of "Nope, I can't help you order that fixture because I no longer have that info." This is my way of not being accountable to order anything for anyone which leads me to the question of, "Who is going to be responsible to order missing fixutres, displays, signing and supplies once Presentation gets disolved?" Spot expects everyone to learn Planograms? It takes a very detailed and knowledgeable person to do planograms, especially the ones with displays or specialty fixtures. Good luck is all I can say and to bring it all back to this post...Start printing out copies of your orders for times like these when SAP decides to re-structure itself. I believe this is the second time in my years that there was a re-vamp. I print out my order and put it in a file folder so I can reference when I ordered and what I ordered. It has saved my butt and sanity more than a couple of times.

I did as well but I figured with Presentation/Pricing going away anyway that it was sign. Sign that I can use the excuse of "Nope, I can't help you order that fixture because I no longer have that info." This is my way of not being accountable to order anything for anyone which leads me to the question of, "Who is going to be responsible to order missing fixutres, displays, signing and supplies once Presentation gets disolved?" Spot expects everyone to learn Planograms? It takes a very detailed and knowledgeable person to do planograms, especially the ones with displays or specialty fixtures. Good luck is all I can say and to bring it all back to this post...Start printing out copies of your orders for times like these when SAP decides to re-structure itself. I believe this is the second time in my years that there was a re-vamp. I print out my order and put it in a file folder so I can reference when I ordered and what I ordered. It has saved my butt and sanity more than a couple of times.

This! I always print my orders and keep them for several months before tossing. I keep the ones that have more specialty items and note what they are for reference. Everything is in a ring binder that also contains various packing slips and instruction sheets for other hard to find items. And I have my own cheat sheet of items I've had trouble finding in SAP before.

Found this in fixture room underneath some shelves.

What is this? It's clearly ancient.

lmGmwol.jpg

Back