MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Well I've safely locked myself in from not having to do anything other than "FOS overheads" for the first hour tomorrow :D

Prebuilt the awning today because I had nothing else to do.

Did y'all only get some of the word? My main box, with the awning, banners, and holly, only came with "navidad". No "feliz", no "happy holidays", or no "merry christmas"

I have zero hours this week for signing. All sfs. I tried to head this off by telling the ETL HR that it wouldn't work. So when I hear I have a signing pallet in the fixture room, I think .... why is future trash sitting there? Cause I'm not busting my ass doing drive ups and then take hear later when they see the Thanksgiving FOS is still up.

Our super peeps set a lot of them today under HL hours with stl approval.
Saved my store.

My PTL told me the same thing, that we could just use our hardlines shifts. None of us have many of those either though, it's either SFS or inbound.

I have zero hours this week for signing. All sfs. I tried to head this off by telling the ETL HR that it wouldn't work. So when I hear I have a signing pallet in the fixture room, I think .... why is future trash sitting there? Cause I'm not busting my ass doing drive ups and then take hear later when they see the Thanksgiving FOS is still up.

This is my feeling as well. If I am not going to be given the scheduled time to do the work, then I am not going to find a way to fit it into my day. Give Thanks still up? Well, we should all still give those thanks at Christmas too. Need salesplan signing? Feel free to climb up into the steel and get it yourself.

I was off thur-Sunday and have one day of signing this week. Pptl sent out an email to all etls pretty much bitching that she doesn't have time to set amp Gifting and do my job for me. She then went on to comment on the mess in my area and how I need to make sure it's clean at all times. Well, that's what happens when two pallets come on days I'm off. I've had to deal with this lady and her shitty attitude and lack of leadership for 2 years now. I'm about to goto sfs.

Well I've safely locked myself in from not having to do anything other than "FOS overheads" for the first hour tomorrow :D

Prebuilt the awning today because I had nothing else to do.

Did y'all only get some of the word? My main box, with the awning, banners, and holly, only came with "navidad". No "feliz", no "happy holidays", or no "merry christmas"

Mine came with both feliz and navidad.

I'm adamant on getting both FOS and power aisle done during store opening tomorrow. That means hogging the wave and running over a few guests.

Who's responsible for updating the signing and stocking the new giftcards at the check lane?
Are you referring to after it's set? Ideally it's the responsibility of the Front End team which essentially is the GSTL's or the ETL Hardlines/Softlines/GE responsibility to delegate. Initially it is set by the presentation team at my store but the maintenance is really up to the store. I like to "Set It and Forget It!" That's usually my mantra unless I'm missing fixtures or signing, then I have to backtrack.

Last edited:
Are you referring to after it's set? Ideally it's the responsibility of the a Front End team which essentially is the GSTL's or the ETL Hardlines/Softlines/GE responsibility to delegate. Initially it is set by the presentation team at my store but the maintenance is really up to the store. I like to "Set It and Forget It!" That's usually my mantra unless I'm missing fixtures or signing, then I have to backtrack.

Excellent point- the giftcard mall pog up front I will do signing for, anything else giftcard up there I leave to the front end. I know the permanent giftcard fixtures at each checklane have pogs but we haven't actually set them in years, we just tie them.

Are you referring to after it's set? Ideally it's the responsibility of the Front End team which essentially is the GSTL's or the ETL Hardlines/Softlines/GE responsibility to delegate. Initially it is set by the presentation team at my store but the maintenance is really up to the store. I like to "Set It and Forget It!" That's usually my mantra unless I'm missing fixtures or signing, then I have to backtrack.

I'm referring to the update that happens every 3-6 months when new designs come in. For example I think there's an update to it next week for Christmas giftcards. Not the giftcard mall but the ones that go on those red magnetic giftcard holders.

Nevermind.....
Stanchion came yesterday and was left by the baler as if it was trash
WOW!!! I would be PISSED! :mad: I'm actually pissed for you! I have my receiver trained that if any signing/fixture or something she doesn't know comes through UPS, FedEx that she calls me or anyone from presentation to identify the box. I also have her trained to mark on the box when it was received. She'll write Recvd: 11/28 for example.
There have been times items come in on Saturday since she's not there but at least I can do a process of elimination to determine when there's no date.

Last edited:
I'm referring to the update that happens every 3-6 months when new designs come in. For example I think there's an update to it next week for Christmas giftcards. Not the giftcard mall but the ones that go on those red magnetic giftcard holders.
So yes. My earlier post is the answer for my store. Hours are dropped into Presentation to do the initial set but maintenance is all Front End's responsibility or the ETL for front end to take care of throughout the duration of the set. I already did my giftcard set up front but I'll double check the adjacency calendar because the Christmas set should have happened week of 10/28.

Last edited:
WOW!!! I would be PISSED! 🤬 I'm actually pissed for you! I have my receiver trained that if any signing/fixture or something she doesn't know comes through UPS, FedEx that she calls me or anyone from presentation to identify the box. I also have her trained to mark on the box when it was received. She'll write Recvd: 11/28 for example.
There have been times items come in on Saturday since she's not there but at least I can do a process of elimination to determine when there's no date.

My receiver has been great with getting my stuff to my area. I don't think she's responsible for it. I'm still pissed though... There's literally no respect for my area or my ism. I'm just fed up to be honest. There's literally always something. I post some of the things here's and it's because I get no support from tls/etls.

No hours for signing this week. So those two pallets of signing that came in last Saturday and Monday can go straight to the compactor. I'm not spending my time at Target watching my work build up while I do another job ... sfs. I'll gladly do whatever I'm scheduled. But I refuse to watch other work build up waiting for me. Let management hang it.

Does anyone have the part number for the 2 little white attachments to adhere the label holder to the fixture?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181128-221255_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20181128-221255_Drive.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 48
Does anyone have the part number for the 2 little white attachments to adhere the label holder to the fixture?

I'm pretty sure you have to order the pieces together with the label holder itself. I can look tomorrow for the part number for the entire kit.

Back