MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

How do you set a reverse pog in beauty? Is it set in “standard reverse”?? I’m super confused

Which pog specifically? Cosmetics pogs (the ones with the transcend shelving) only set standard, regardless of lead in. So in a reverse aisle you would start setting standard but from the back of the aisle moving toward the main aisle.

Last edited:
Which pog specifically? Cosmetics pogs (the ones with the transcend shelving) only set standard, regardless of lead in. So in a reverse aisle you would start setting standard but from the back of the aisle moving toward the main aisle.
Okay that’s what I needed to know. Thank you! I’m at a new store and this is the first transition since planorama for beauty and half are set like a normal reverse aisle and half are the way you described

Can someone explain what options you select when defecting out a display with a Zebra (I don't see an option specifically for displays, just says damaged, out of date, etc) and how to print out a defect sticker cause every time I try to it throws an error message.

Can someone explain what options you select when defecting out a display with a Zebra (I don't see an option specifically for displays, just says damaged, out of date, etc) and how to print out a defect sticker cause every time I try to it throws an error message.
Damaged

I have only defected out displays once and it was the biggest waste of my time. Infant displays that we are not allowed to sell should not be sorted onto salvage pallets. Once I saw that, I decided it was not a process I would follow. All my displays go into the compactor never being scanned out on the Zebra. It's been several years since they introduced the display defect process and no one has ever questioned me on my decision.

I have only defected out displays once and it was the biggest waste of my time. Infant displays that we are not allowed to sell should not be sorted onto salvage pallets. Once I saw that, I decided it was not a process I would follow. All my displays go into the compactor never being scanned out on the Zebra. It's been several years since they introduced the display defect process and no one has ever questioned me on my decision.
For any display of its got working internals it goes crc, otherwise compactor.

For the cribs.... there's one full size sign and holder... did they do away with the half sized? They sent takeaway pouches but no signs or holders?

For the cribs.... there's one full size sign and holder... did they do away with the half sized? They sent takeaway pouches but no signs or holders?

I'm not sure because I only have small crib signing that is attached to the crib with a ribbon. Similar to the playard signing. All of our cribs are down on the floor so we don't need the larger signs like the other chain stores have.

Everything I have goes in the compactor. I don't worry about defecting it out. Cribs, strollers, etc.

I told our receiver early in the week he HAD to call me on the walkie as soon as they arrived. Best call to take while on lunch today! I feel like I can salvage some of the time we lost now.
Got mine yesterday! Did a humongous happy dance because it was painful to set the toothbrush/paste/mouthwash valley old school. With adhesive dividers! We did it but, label strips surely shaves off time.

Today I also received 2 extremely tall pallets of signing and fixtures for beauty and personal care. Too bad I have to deal with it next week! I have a 3 day weekend. 🙄

Got mine yesterday! Did a humongous happy dance because it was painful to set the toothbrush/paste/mouthwash valley old school. With adhesive dividers! We did it but, label strips surely shaves off time.

Today I also received 2 extremely tall pallets of signing and fixtures for beauty and personal care. Too bad I have to deal with it next week! I have a 3 day weekend. 🙄

Bummer. I got my pallets today too. Sorting them tomorrow once I finish setting naturals.

Back