MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

My pog team has gone to shit lol...left 5 sporting goods, 2 Easter, and 2 domestics pogs. Idk who or when it's getting done. They've been having 2 new people and one pog TM and it's not working. Nothing is getting done.

I don't know how they expect anything to get done with how little payroll Plano is being given. We're being told we have to do all our own backstock, but we don't have the hours for it, and neither does Backroom or anyone else. We still have 2 week old backstock sitting in our backroom because nobody has time for it. And, of course, until an area is 100% pushed, they keep adding truck to our transition pallets so it's like the push never ends. At this point, we're just setting, pushing whatever we can that day, then moving on because otherwise absolutely nothing would get set. If we didn't move on until we pushed, we'd still be stuck on rear seasonal push, probably for the whole week.

I don't know how they expect anything to get done with how little payroll Plano is being given. We're being told we have to do all our own backstock, but we don't have the hours for it, and neither does Backroom or anyone else. We still have 2 week old backstock sitting in our backroom because nobody has time for it. And, of course, until an area is 100% pushed, they keep adding truck to our transition pallets so it's like the push never ends. At this point, we're just setting, pushing whatever we can that day, then moving on because otherwise absolutely nothing would get set. If we didn't move on until we pushed, we'd still be stuck on rear seasonal push, probably for the whole week.

My team is in the same boat. Told we have to do our own backstock, told we can't get ahead of ourselves and leave an area before it's 100% pushed, but then still asked if we'll be on track for finishing the workload on time. Umm, nope. So I am just fine with spending the rest of the week finishing mini & seasonal and ignoring kids bedding until next week then.

My team is in the same boat. Told we have to do our own backstock, told we can't get ahead of ourselves and leave an area before it's 100% pushed, but then still asked if we'll be on track for finishing the workload on time. Umm, nope. So I am just fine with spending the rest of the week finishing mini & seasonal and ignoring kids bedding until next week then.
Here's my question. Best practice on Workbench specifically says the set hours, which payroll is based on, don't include backstocking. Backroom hours went down, too, and they used to be the ones to do our backstock. So... who is getting that payroll? Because it's definitely not plano or backroom.

Here's my question. Best practice on Workbench specifically says the set hours, which payroll is based on, don't include backstocking. Backroom hours went down, too, and they used to be the ones to do our backstock. So... who is getting that payroll? Because it's definitely not plano or backroom.
To be fair the hours are based off that weeks workload not including the constant catch up. If your store ever became current on backstock and push the hours would likely be enough.

To be fair the hours are based off that weeks workload not including the constant catch up. If your store ever became current on backstock and push the hours would likely be enough.
There's a document that says that the adjacency calendar hours include the time to demerch, find fixtures, set, and push new and carry forward product, but not working pulls, backstocking, or removing/remerching clearance. We usually are able to remerch the clearance, and maybe we could work some of the smaller pulls, but there's no way, especially for a big transition like seasonal or One Spot, we'd be able to do it with the hours allocated to Plano. I'm just not sure what they expect at this point.

There's a document that says that the adjacency calendar hours include the time to demerch, find fixtures, set, and push new and carry forward product, but not working pulls, backstocking, or removing/remerching clearance. We usually are able to remerch the clearance, and maybe we could work some of the smaller pulls, but there's no way, especially for a big transition like seasonal or One Spot, we'd be able to do it with the hours allocated to Plano. I'm just not sure what they expect at this point.

We get told that Workbench hasn't been updated to match the current modernization method.

Really? Then how do you know what to do? Guess?

"Well, since you're the last person that touched it, it's your responsibility." Cool. Cool. We'll start using that rationale for everything including making bales.

We get told that Workbench hasn't been updated to match the current modernization method.

Really? Then how do you know what to do? Guess?

"Well, since you're the last person that touched it, it's your responsibility." Cool. Cool. We'll start using that rationale for everything including making bales.

Yeah, they are totally winging it at this point. It's always amusing to throw their logic back at them when you can.

Oh, you want Plano to backstock their own stuff, right now, before they finish setting their aisles? Ok, well, when you forget that tomorrow and ask why we are behind and why these aisles aren't done & pushed, I'll remind you.

Plano, why are you leaving an entire run set, but empty? You shouldn't have set so much you couldn't fill back. Well, your inbound team didn't sort the pallets so they are all mixed. We have to set it all to avoid touching the items multiple times. <blank stare and confusion> Efficiency is not their strong suit.

Sometimes it feels like we are Jack from Titanic. We find Rose this nice big door to float on and she hogs the whole damn thing, leaving us to chill in the water. But still string us along so we keep her afloat, forgetting a relationship is a two way street and she's being a selfish bitch. Shove her off, Jack!

Last edited:
Yeah, they are totally winging it at this point. It's always amusing to throw their logic back at them when you can.

Oh, you want Plano to backstock their own stuff, right now, before they finish setting their aisles? Ok, well, when you forget that tomorrow and ask why we are behind and why these aisles aren't done & pushed, I'll remind you.

Plano, why are you leaving an entire run set, but empty? You shouldn't have set so much you couldn't fill back. Well, your inbound team didn't sort the pallets so they are all mixed. We have to set it all to avoid touching the items multiple times. <blank stare and confusion> Efficiency is not their strong suit.

Sometimes it feels like we are Jack from Titanic. We find Rose this nice big door to float on and she hogs the whole damn thing, leaving us to chill in the water. But still us along so we keep her afloat, forgetting a relationship is a two way street and she's being a selfish bitch. Shove her off, Jack!
You work at my store don’t you? Lol! This is us in a nutshell. Really trying hard to complete everything that they are telling us to do but little by little we are falling further behind. Tried to explain the hours but not getting anywhere.

I meant more as a whole store not specifically Plano. I know those hours don’t include pulls or backstock

Like I'm not spending 8 hours to carefully cut all the goddamn packaging on these chairs

I always risk it and use my knife like normal. No one is going to notice an itty bitty nick from knife, they'll only notice if the damn thing starts unraveling.

How many floor clings did everyone get? I got 4. WTF I am supposed to do with only 4!?

I always risk it and use my knife like normal. No one is going to notice an itty bitty nick from knife, they'll only notice if the damn thing starts unraveling.

How many floor clings did everyone get? I got 4. WTF I am supposed to do with only 4!?

Yeah honestly it would take me all day to do the stack flat if I did it properly and fuck that noise

We got 4 which work ok for us since kids garden is only 3 sections.

We got 4 which work ok for us since kids garden is only 3 sections.

It was my understanding that the clings are supposed to go underneath the value flat and stack flat. Transition communication said they needed to be placed before any of the product. Didn't get any instructions with them either. Did you see somewhere else where it said they go by Kids garden?

I placed mine as a walkway between the stack flat and patio flat because no cart can fit through there anyway.

It was my understanding that the clings are supposed to go underneath the value flat and stack flat. Transition communication said they needed to be placed before any of the product. Didn't get any instructions with them either. Did you see somewhere else where it said they go by Kids garden?

I placed mine as a walkway between the stack flat and patio flat because no cart can fit through there anyway.

Are we talking about the circle stone floor clings? If yes, I forgot exactly where I read it but I can check tmw. It said put near kids garden or garden tools.

So how are you all doing the stack flat overheads? I don't have nearly enough wire for them all, so I'm kinda doing it like this. 2 greens and one yellow that lead to two blues for the corners, and a blue to connect them to stop them from spinning.

So how are you all doing the stack flat overheads? I don't have nearly enough wire for them all, so I'm kinda doing it like this. 2 greens and one yellow that lead to two blues for the corners, and a blue to connect them to stop them from spinning.

View attachment 7285

You didn't get more wires since Christmas? 🤔

I did it like normal. 14ft ceiling, green and white on each hole.

I also have a 14ft ceiling. I reused the wires I had up for IWTN- 3 24in wires for each side. Worked out to the exact height above the value flat, hitting just above the full stacks. And IDGAF if the they swing and spin, that's how they designed them so that's how they are staying.

Are we talking about the circle stone floor clings? If yes, I forgot exactly where I read it but I can check tmw. It said put near kids garden or garden tools.

Yes, those clings. I didn't see it anywhere I was looking. And I am not moving them, they are going to stay right where they are now.

I also have a 14ft ceiling. I reused the wires I had up for IWTN- 3 24in wires for each side. Worked out to the exact height above the value flat, hitting just above the full stacks. And IDGAF if the they swing and spin, that's how they designed them so that's how they are staying.

Yes, those clings. I didn't see it anywhere I was looking. And I am not moving them, they are going to stay right where they are now.
The instruction sheet had the place they went. Since there's so little except for cse listed for signing in the update and no set notes for Easter...ugh.

We did domestics, are almost finished sporting goods from starting odl early, hard to stop odl as they filled the flat, Easter is started, maybe finished tomorrow? I've been merchandising in Easter to stay busy without having to do pogs.

Back