MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Lol, our shipper under the gifting table in miniseasonal (with the bookcases on either side) finally totally collapsed from the weight of the candy on it. Hope they come up with a permanent fixture for that spot.

Left right fixture?

The ones used for wall decor. It's two brackets (a left and right) that allow you to place the pictures almost as if they are on a shelf. They are 3 prong so sturdier than a regular peghook and because of the design the pictures don't pull on the pegboard from the weight so less chance of pegboard breaking.

The ones used for wall decor. It's two brackets (a left and right) that allow you to place the pictures almost as if they are on a shelf. They are 3 prong so sturdier than a regular peghook and because of the design the pictures don't pull on the pegboard from the weight so less chance of pegboard breaking.
Ahhh I know what you’re talking about I honestly had no idea what those were called. My store just reset picture frames and the aisle called for the looped hooks that go into the pegboard. I would have preferred the ones that go into the bar but we didn’t even have enough to set ODL

For now. Lol.

Oh, I have no plans to change my availability despite any changes coming. And leadership knows it. I work the schedule I do because it fits my life, I don't fit my life to make it into work. I do have short availability on Saturdays because one weekend day was "required", but I don't ever get scheduled. I realize that could change, but I don't think leadership is in a place where they're willing to risk losing me yet.

Oh, I have no plans to change my availability despite any changes coming. And leadership knows it. I work the schedule I do because it fits my life, I don't fit my life to make it into work. I do have short availability on Saturdays because one weekend day was "required", but I don't ever get scheduled. I realize that could change, but I don't think leadership is in a place where they're willing to risk losing me yet.
This month starts our pre-transition to modernization. Which starts with shifting the entire pog/signing team to 8am. Next week the pog team is 8am and I'm 7am. Not that it will make a big difference. And nobody asked or told us what was happening or why. Even the pptl is in the dark.

This month starts our pre-transition to modernization. Which starts with shifting the entire pog/signing team to 8am. Next week the pog team is 8am and I'm 7am. Not that it will make a big difference. And nobody asked or told us what was happening or why. Even the pptl is in the dark.
To be fair our whole district is in the dark right now. They want to keep the whispers to a minimum. I’m pretty close with my stl and he hasn’t heard anything expect that we are for sure earning a closing lead

To be fair our whole district is in the dark right now. They want to keep the whispers to a minimum. I’m pretty close with my stl and he hasn’t heard anything expect that we are for sure earning a closing lead

I've sat down in closed door meetings with both my ETL hr and stl about these changes. Maybe they are good poker players, but neither of them seem like they know much about the changes to pog/pricing/signing that get talked about on here.

But they don't need to change shift times if nothing has changed yet. All it does is prevent me from wav access to put up cse and other signing. I'm salty and I'm not pushing myself if the leaders aren't behind me.

I finished most stuff today so now I get to dick around with FunkoPop tomorrow.

I'm still not done with ODL. Guess where I'll be tomorrow? Oh, and let's see...also still have signing for Sporting Goods from couple weeks ago, directionals to hang, and random ordered fixtures to place. This is what I get for attempting to set ODL early, I am now behind. Did this to myself...big sigh.

I'm still not done with ODL. Guess where I'll be tomorrow? Oh, and let's see...also still have signing for Sporting Goods from couple weeks ago, directionals to hang, and random ordered fixtures to place. This is what I get for attempting to set ODL early, I am now behind. Did this to myself...big sigh.

:/

I'll always say it: They definitely overschedule me.

Our PTL put in his final day last week. A very capable Plano tm inquired about applying for the position. He was told that the ptl position will no longer exist, but he is welcome to be apply for the new title of “Team Captain”,
No raise, only the honor of being a punching bag for stressed out leads. The ETLs and STLs know far more than you think, they have a lot to lose if they don’t play along. They’re throwing back the kool-aid shooters while playing their poker hands.

Well, if that's what's about to happen, I think I already know what my new title/role will be then since I've already taken over the PTL duties on my own while also maintaining signing. Would certainly explain why leadership has shifted to treating me even more as a lead when it comes to Plano stuff lately, like way more than they were already.

As long as you continue to get your 40 hours and don’t mind the extra responsibility, it would be nice to maintain some sanity over Plano.

That's my plan! I like having control of the planning but none of the coaching or review giving stuff that a TL also has to do. And for the most part, I can avoid the leadership politics of running the store, just gotta stay a step ahead of them!

They tried that here a month ago. Monday morning didn’t go well so we were changed to 4am the rest of the week. 😂

They tried that here a month ago. Monday morning didn’t go well so we were changed to 4am the rest of the week. 😂
We are 6am now, even though the fact sheet still says 4am.

I'm still in odl because every flat needs set and sl the signs up. 20ish hours of my 40. Sporting goods might be finished for set but not push or signing. My team is sick and calling out of the few shifts they were given. 🤷‍♀️
I'm just trying to make it through the day.

Back