MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Also, this position is pointless with the way GM is going. I sort the pallets by area and put the signing in to the dedicated spaces for their areas.

Most of the time they don’t get touched. I’m running out of room. I spend more time removing outdated signing and taking it to the baler/compactor. When we still had a Plano team, our signing and POGs got done. Our store and processes were 👍.

Also, this position is pointless with the way GM is going. I sort the pallets by area and put the signing in to the dedicated spaces for their areas.

Most of the time they don’t get touched. I’m running out of room. I spend more time removing outdated signing and taking it to the baler/compactor. When we still had a Plano team, our signing and POGs got done. Our store and processes were 👍.
Yup, our signing, POGs and especially pricing were on point. Pricing has fallen way off, I don't know who is supposed to be doing it but Style has unactivated and unmarked clearance everywhere. Hardlines seems to be struggling too, with the amount of salvage I keep finding.

Are the "official" signs about returns on air mattresses orderable? We're down to one "real" one and the store-made ones were noticed during a visit and taken down.

When does Halloween set?

Week after Labor Day. Though now that I think about it, I may have seen communication somewhere that showed a few different set dates, like we all aren't doing it the same time or early set. My store is definitely the week after; and we have to go overnight 3 nights because we are a test store for a possible new way of setting these big transitions. 😠 Hoping it's a hot mess so they don't expand it- I hate overnights!

Week after Labor Day. Though now that I think about it, I may have seen communication somewhere that showed a few different set dates, like we all aren't doing it the same time or early set. My store is definitely the week after; and we have to go overnight 3 nights because we are a test store for a possible new way of setting these big transitions. 😠 Hoping it's a hot mess so they don't expand it- I hate overnights!

So that'd be Sept 8?

What's the new way? Do you know yet?

What's the new way? Do you know yet?

Not full details and I'm staying completely hands off for planning and only asking questions when I see a big oversight about to happen. Maybe. But basically, it boils down to:
Empty
Set
Fill
One each night with a designated trailer the third night.

It has potential. I just don't do well on more than one overnight shift in a week, especially when I've got two young kids to manage without disrupting their routines too much.

Not full details and I'm staying completely hands off for planning and only asking questions when I see a big oversight about to happen. Maybe. But basically, it boils down to:
Empty
Set
Fill

It has potential. I just don't do well on more than one overnight shift in a week, especially when I've got two young kids to manage without disrupting their routines too much.
I love overnights but three in a row is too much. Used to do them at my old job but always had the next day off.

Empty
Set
Fill

Every big seasonal set should have a segregated trailer

Every big seasonal set should have a segregated trailer

That's definitely part of what I like about this. But a lot of this being successful is everything else being done when it is supposed to, like price change. And it brings into question, how do you set with a designated trailer for transitions that depend on PLU sell thru? PLU life would have to be shortened significantly in order to 100% set to the new transition on time.

That's definitely part of what I like about this. But a lot of this being successful is everything else being done when it is supposed to, like price change. And it brings into question, how do you set with a designated trailer for transitions that depend on PLU sell thru? PLU life would have to be shortened significantly in order to 100% set to the new transition on time.
Yeah that would definitely make it more interesting but even if you haven’t set a of it because of PLU the segregated would come all ready palletized (hopefully sorted by pretie) so you could just throw the pallets into steel. Even if I had nothing set I would still prefer all of Christmas, Halloween etc to come on one trailer instead of sorting it off the line everyday for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
My only concern with a designated trailer is what they DIDNT send you to send all the transition. The following truck would be veeery heavy chem/baby/food to make up for the sales that happened within the timespan that you normally receive two trucks. Might make it a bit overwhelming for some areas imo

My only concern with a designated trailer is what they DIDNT send you to send all the transition. The following truck would be veeery heavy chem/baby/food to make up for the sales that happened within the timespan that you normally receive two trucks. Might make it a bit overwhelming for some areas imo
Segregated trailers don’t change your normal schedule and are super quick and easy to unload. They’re always palletized and sometimes sorted. This is obviously a new process so I’m just guessing based of previous processes but it wouldn’t really effect your existing trailer schedule

Last edited:
Back