MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

View attachment 9063

My store has Climbing Santa endcap, the entire light sculpture aisle, and the entire tree topper aisle plugged into 1 outlet.
Should be fine... probably

I've got 3 display trees daisy chained together, then into a power strip, then into the outlet. Everything else is pretty standard and legit.

I don't feel like that drive time box would hold wrapping paper even if it was on a pallet. The weight would be too much.

I've got 3 display trees daisy chained together, then into a power strip, then into the outlet. Everything else is pretty standard and legit.

I don't feel like that drive time box would hold wrapping paper even if it was on a pallet. The weight would be too much.
I was thinking the the $3 and $5 cases of paper not loose rolls. Just to keep the boxes from falling off the pallet. My old store typically sticks 16(I think) boxes on a pallet and sticks a red rubber band around it so this would look much nicer. Again a total guess though

I was thinking the the $3 and $5 cases of paper not loose rolls. Just to keep the boxes from falling off the pallet. My old store typically sticks 16(I think) boxes on a pallet and sticks a red rubber band around it so this would look much nicer. Again a total guess though

Those were the ones I was thinking wouldn't hold. There's an accordian support inside this box that I just don't think would hold the weight of the wrap boxes. Without the accordian support, it'd be great for a nice finished look for a pallet of wrap though! I think this will be my plan for it when the time comes to push wrap like crazy.

Man, at first I was a bit miffed when leadership at more store apparently decided they didn't need me to do any signing, or sort pallets, or clean up the fixture room or do any of the things literally no one else will do, but I'm getting better at letting the complete disaster my store has become wash over me and past me and its really, really making this years holiday season better for me.

Man, at first I was a bit miffed when leadership at more store apparently decided they didn't need me to do any signing, or sort pallets, or clean up the fixture room or do any of the things literally no one else will do, but I'm getting better at letting the complete disaster my store has become wash over me and past me and its really, really making this years holiday season better for me.

My store is still adjusting to the fact I am not the be-all-end-all of signing/pog anymore. At least once a week, I get asked if I can order something for someone. For now, I am being nice about it and telling them I can (by passing it along the person who actually can order), but eventually I plan on sending an email out to leadership reminding them I am not the only person who can hand over a list to the person who orders.

But I am enjoying not feeling the burden when something doesn't get done.

I did the two seasonal overheads we had(I'm still not certain if something is missing but I couldn't find more so -_-), otherwise I do fuckallnone of it, and won't unless explicitly ordered to. I still assist some TMs who know I'm the guy to go to for questions about pogs/fixtures/signing, but I'm becoming less useful for that since the encyclopedic knowledge of the fixture room is slowly dissappearing.

I did what overheads we had the week we set rear, such as FOS. I did the mini OHs this week as they are part of the set. All ths other stuff that comes dribbling in by direct ship or on the pallets sits in the fixture room or in our container outside. I know there'll come a day when the SD asks me to do it. For instance, the toy OHs.

I did the two seasonal overheads we had(I'm still not certain if something is missing but I couldn't find more so -_-), otherwise I do fuckallnone of it, and won't unless explicitly ordered to. I still assist some TMs who know I'm the guy to go to for questions about pogs/fixtures/signing, but I'm becoming less useful for that since the encyclopedic knowledge of the fixture room is slowly dissappearing.

I have an advantage in the fixture room as I had it extremely organized before Modernization. Laziness is the only reason some things do not get put away properly, but those TMs are learning and I always am willing to help direct them if I'm in there.

I did what overheads we had the week we set rear, such as FOS. I did the mini OHs this week as they are part of the set. All ths other stuff that comes dribbling in by direct ship or on the pallets sits in the fixture room or in our container outside. I know there'll come a day when the SD asks me to do it. For instance, the toy OHs.

I have half the toy OHs up because they came in two separate boxes on different days. Did not have time this week to open the second box and place them.

I had the fixture room super organized at the start of this year, then we did a remodel and a bunch of yahoos were in and out of it all summer and despite the fact I was the 'fixture' guy for the remodel, I also got to be the signing guy too because of course they decided not to have the signing person do any of it!(Not her fault, she was TOLD not to). It is now a disaster area and someones going to get hurt in there before too long.

Why all these DTS shipments? Yes, let's pay more to send 100 packages instead of one bulk shipment.
They mentioned they were going to send all the oversized boxes DTS... I can’t imagine it’s any cheaper so I assume they think they’re doing us a favor by not sending it all at once but honestly I’d rather just have it instead of wondering if they forgot it or if it’s DTS

They mentioned they were going to send all the oversized boxes DTS... I can’t imagine it’s any cheaper so I assume they think they’re doing us a favor by not sending it all at once but honestly I’d rather just have it instead of wondering if they forgot it or if it’s DTS

None of what I have received DTS has been oversized. And none of the boxes that have been on any of my pallets have been oversized either, exception for the CSEs. Unless my definition is different than theirs?

I've seen zero discrepancy in the size of boxes sent by pallet or DTS. All sizes.

Are you talking about the T walls? I always consider the bigger ones in style the “movable walls”. To piggy back off what you said though all your PMLs should have gotten a survey telling you how many amp gifting fixtures (T walls, towers and carts) you have and how many you should have. Direction was to toss extras and order if you’re short

Hi. I am brand new to breakroom, and this is my first post. Oy vey! I am a VM, and this is my second holiday season, and second amplified gifting wave. I am curious as to where I may find the direction for our store to order more fixtures, especially T frames for amplified gifting? We are so grossly under stocked in regards to fixtures that it is incredibly ridiculous, and I am having to pull convertibles from softlines to complete our amp gifting wave. Needless to say it is just a bunch of chaos right now. Any direction, or help would be appreciated…

Back