MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So I received a correction update and replies from that team:

No stores have been receiving strips from in-house pilot yet. I'll forward communication once it happens.

#1 and 5 have been forwarded. #3 is by design when it converts the file into a readable format to print. #2 is being tweaked; they would like to know exactly what you're looking for. Right now they have it to where you can press your thumb between the perforation and slide downwards and it will split.

That sounds like the ideal for tearing the strips. Lately it has felt like there isn't quite as much give to easily slide your finger thru and tear.

Did you ask if they can provide extra blank strips?

I did, he responded back that with the way the cutter works to split and divide between stores it automatically cuts up and shreds all empty blank strips on the print roll. He did mention however that he'd send up the idea of perhaps adding blank strips as an orderable item for stores if that's ideal instead.

Anyone looked at stationary workload next week? Most of the aisles are moving and they changed pog names slighty to make it harder for us to plan. These last 3 months has been rough to say the least but were pulling through.

Curious whats everyones process to fill after setting transition and pushing your one for one batch. We exf, pull/push it, then audit. Then change capacity.

I'm actually amazed when the SD or any ETL tells me there really isn't a pog team. I get it. But who is doing all this work. We have 4 experienced people setting all this week, 40 hours. If we didn't have a core team still left, we'd be in serious trouble. How do other stores do it? Even as it is, we maybe have 3 people in the store who understand and can set a reverse aisle.

We don't have a team for pogs. DBO of that area will get some help from other members. Meanwhile that team member's area is falling behind. We only get 4 trucks weekly. On non truck days. There's usually no one doing pogs. This is why some hba is still not set.

Anyone looked at stationary workload next week? Most of the aisles are moving and they changed pog names slighty to make it harder for us to plan. These last 3 months has been rough to say the least but were pulling through.

Uh....I checked my adjacency map last week and nothing was moving since there wasn't a new map. Has a new one dropped this week?

Lmao. We set and move on. Product falls into manual the next day and it’s downhill from there.

This is kind of my process as well. I'll drop an exf or pull the 1for1 if I have time but it is definitely not my priority, gotta keep setting!

Uh....I checked my adjacency map last week and nothing was moving since there wasn't a new map. Has a new one dropped this week?

This is kind of my process as well. I'll drop an exf or pull the 1for1 if I have time but it is definitely not my priority, gotta keep setting!

Ok it's weird, a new one dropped but it doesn't match the footage of the new pogs. So were sticking to the old map. The new map looks a lot like our old old layout so wondering if its a glitch.

Ok it's weird, a new one dropped but it doesn't match the footage of the new pogs. So were sticking to the old map. The new map looks a lot like our old old layout so wondering if its a glitch.

Hmm.....I will have to look into this tomorrow since it might change my planning. 🤔

The transition is only sixty-some hours so there can't be too much changing.

Anyone know where we could find the fixture numbers for the pushers used in the remodel new release fixtures (in Entertainment and checklanes) and the value t-wall DVD fixture? mySupport wasn't much help and we have quite a few broken ones.

Hmm.....I will have to look into this tomorrow since it might change my planning. 🤔

The transition is only sixty-some hours so there can't be too much changing.
Stuff moves around between kids party 1 and kids party 2 (did this today, it was annoyingly frustrating imo).

Everything currently in gifting and also some of kids birthday moves to value basics, completely new stuff fills in for gifting.

Stuff also shuffles all around between school paper a and school paper b. Also, office paper supplies has a nasty flip within itself.

Curious whats everyones process to fill after setting transition and pushing your one for one batch. We exf, pull/push it, then audit. Then change capacity.

Thankfully, my sets are small. I set and move current products. If I know the capacities are going to be crazy, I change them before pulling.

Drop batch, pull, push, check any OHs/Floor Counts for anything backstocked. Go back through and spot check OUTS and AUDIT/RSCH as needed.

I also spot check (in the future) all Capacities if 1-4-1s seem "off" and create backstock - when, ideally, there should be no back stock from a 1-4-1.

Anyone know where we could find the fixture numbers for the pushers used in the remodel new release fixtures (in Entertainment and checklanes) and the value t-wall DVD fixture? mySupport wasn't much help and we have quite a few broken ones.
The new release one is a PML fixture that he/she will have to call the vendor and get a part. Mine ordered the letter for me last year since they started to falll off. The older one is discontinued so I can’t imagine it’s still in go cart but I have an old fixture guide I can check Friday if you want.

Stationary is a clusterfuck per usual. Some POGs aren't set up correctly so you'd have to print all labels from updated POG and throw old strips away. Replacement comes in on Friday.

Stationary is a clusterfuck per usual. Some POGs aren't set up correctly so you'd have to print all labels from updated POG and throw old strips away. Replacement comes in on Friday.

Are you guys actually trying to set pogs? We are not planning on any pog workload for this week with trucks coming everyday. It's all hands on board to get all P1 freight to the floor as fast as we can sort of off the truck. Pog is taking a backseat and for once I am actually ok with that given the circumstances.

Are you guys actually trying to set pogs? We are not planning on any pog workload for this week with trucks coming everyday. It's all hands on board to get all P1 freight to the floor as fast as we can sort of off the truck. Pog is taking a backseat and for once I am actually ok with that given the circumstances.
We are setting. The direction was to not do pricing for paper OTC and food bev

we're setting too, at least through this week. i only have three shifts next week and 2 of them are for signing and one is for ad. not complaining about the lack of hours for once tbh.

Back