MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Halloween was set by the dbo only. Hours were about the same so it is doable. Once set then you get truck to shel no trapping no hassle

Truck to shelf is a pipe dream for most of us when setting seasonal. What usually happens is we have time to set early but are told absolutely not before Halloween but then also told to have Christmas 100% complete within 2-3 days immediately after Halloween.

Setting Halloween week were allowed to set at a reasonable pace and early too but we have never been allowed to so any with Christmas. It's always like they want it be to a big reveal all at once.

Halloween was set by the dbo only. Hours were about the same so it is doable. Once set then you get truck to shel no trapping no hassle

To be fair, hours for Halloween were over exaggerated. It does not take 11 hours to set one aisle of costumes, more like 2-3 at the most. Halloween is the easiest of all seasonal to set IMO.

On the bright side, demerching Halloween is pretty quick n easy so getting it prepped shouldn't be too bad. With all that said, I agree with @allnew2 that one person is doable if you have the experience.

Last edited:
By now all stores should have received about 80% of their Halloween freight and sold most of their decor minus the candy since is last to go. Therefore your decor aisle should already been condensed with coming up soon signs . Your pml should already build the gondola parts that are needed . Maintaining thanksgiving decor on b-flat on gateway is something that’s always light moving the thanksgiving aisle from rear sea over there will sell faster . It’s all about strategy .

Last edited:
I can’t even imagine our DBO doing all of seasonal alone. Just for this Halloween set we received 22 pallets worth of product. We are taking so many trucks right now that it’s difficult to even do all the tasks required of the DBO. He’s on the unload, then zone, 1:1’s and push. Boom- day is over. Add our doubles some days and he’s on both unloads. No way he can set anything. Even with the freight slowing down now the zone is atrocious because guests are animals sometimes so it can take longer. Purging the stockroom and dealing with the new product coming in. Ugh- so glad we still have a POG team that does all the big sets and the DBO’s can help with what they can

Is there red backer paper this year? I know last year it was a bit of an issue setting early because no backer arrived yet.

My entire store wants me to set Christmas all alone. I was like excuse me???? You guys better pay me more if u want that

If it wasn't for gondolas, I could set Christmas all alone pretty easily.

Pushing product is another story.

How is your store dealing with all these flex POGs? Do you ignore and not tie it or tie it > pull > flex everything out or tie at end of week and untie later?

How is your store dealing with all these flex POGs? Do you ignore and not tie it or tie it > pull > flex everything out or tie at end of week and untie later?

Fake tie and then change all the counts to 0. If we do use some of the items to make an endcap, we store tie those.

I don't think corporate understands how burdensome these pogs are. Would be more efficient for stores to be given Store Option pogs and then a list of which items are nop/decode that could be used on them.

Fake tie and then change all the counts to 0. If we do use some of the items to make an endcap, we store tie those.

I don't think corporate understands how burdensome these pogs are. Would be more efficient for stores to be given Store Option pogs and then a list of which items are nop/decode that could be used on them.

Ok so I tried doing this for electronics and Sporting goods. Zeroing them out for electronics wasn't bad but F me, Sporting goods was like 12 pages...

Ok so I tried doing this for electronics and Sporting goods. Zeroing them out for electronics wasn't bad but F me, Sporting goods was like 12 pages...
Fake tying sporting good it’s only gonna fuck you more in the long run. Those are nop. That means lots of clearance next month. With q4 you won’t have endcaps to make clearance . You should have pick an aisle that was light and set it there it was only 24ft

Fake tying sporting good it’s only gonna fuck you more in the long run. Those are nop. That means lots of clearance next month. With q4 you won’t have endcaps to make clearance . You should have pick an aisle that was light and set it there it was only 24ft

Shit. I can't find a 4 foot section in my area that is consistently light enough to set a flex pog. I can't even imagine trying to find 24 feet in SPG at my store right now. It's packed to the gills. Flex pogs are dumb as fuck. Corporate needs to pull their heads out of their asses and clearance shit out already.

Trust me though. I'll find the endcaps to make clearance in kitchen.

Already made a whole aisle of NOP/Discontinued swim/summer aisle in one of our two fan central aisle. This was done during our sporting good transition, no way was I going to backstock all that.

Last edited:
Back