MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

The set hours don't matter. At my store they'd just expect the DBOs to get it all done in their normal shifts while keeiping up with freight. When that inevitably doesn't work leadership would rush through it half-assed at the last minute.

Is it not that way everywhere?
We have the added bonus where few of our leaders understand how to set, so you end up with everything set wrong and crap carts left everywhere.

Yo why did they cut cosmetic set hours so much? It was around 250ish hours down to 77. No way can I set a whole nail care or maybelline aisle in 8 hours. DA FUCK. I realize not much is moving this year, but those fixtures better be staying the same.
Nail care is just a little over 6 hours so you should be able too. The pogs are pretty small and not a lot is changing special fixtures so why would it change much.

Nail care is just a little over 6 hours so you should be able too. The pogs are pretty small and not a lot is changing special fixtures so why would it change much.

You can set 6 sections of nail care/nail polish in 6-7 hours by yourself? Including ISM, pushing, auditing SFQ/capacity, cleaning fixtures, and ticketing all the clearance? Yeah I don't think so. Luckily, I ticketed clearance in advance, but still.. Maybe, just maybe if I don't have to change/move any fixtures. Even I with 10 years experience in presentation can't finish it in that time unless I half-ass it.

Wait didn't mean smaller nail care, the 6 section w/ the nail polish and accesories one is what I meant. The 2-3 section nail care is fairly easy.

You can set 6 sections of nail care/nail polish in 6-7 hours by yourself? Including ISM, pushing, auditing SFQ/capacity, cleaning fixtures, and ticketing all the clearance? Yeah I don't think so. Luckily, I ticketed clearance in advance, but still.. Maybe, just maybe if I don't have to change/move any fixtures. Even I with 10 years experience in presentation can't finish it in that time unless I half-ass it.
Why would I ticket it ? That is not part of the pog and neither is backstock. So yes I can finish , setting , pulling auditing and signing in 6 hours .

What’s included in the pog hours , is setting , signing , puling and auditing.
Why would I ticket it ? That is not part of the pog and neither is backstock. So yes I can finish , setting , pulling auditing and signing in 6 hours .

Everything we move to clearance endcap gets ticketed so it sells faster and guest convenience, is that not best practice anymore? I know our DBO or TL won't do that for us in every set. Not every store is going to have the same process as yours. I wouldn't trust the POG hours to be accurate this year like how they gave us 9 hours to do one section of mask. I've been setting long enough to know how long a set takes realistically. Nothing piss me off more than an ETL who thinks POG set hours are 100% accurate. We finished all hair care and skincare yesterday, ticketing everything ourselves. A whole shampoo aisle showed it's a 4 hour set. With us, cleaning, and using adhesive dividers. NO Fking way. We only have 3 TM for the whole transition.

Everything we move to clearance endcap gets ticketed so it sells faster and guest convenience, is that not best practice anymore? I know our DBO or TL won't do that for us in every set. Not every store is going to have the same process as yours. I wouldn't trust the POG hours to be accurate this year like how they gave us 9 hours to do one section of mask. I've been setting long enough to know how long a set takes realistically. Nothing piss me off more than an ETL who thinks POG set hours are 100% accurate. We finished all hair care and skincare yesterday, ticketing everything ourselves. A whole shampoo aisle showed it's a 4 hour set. With us, cleaning, and using adhesive dividers. NO Fking way. We only have 3 TM for the whole transition.
I understand your frustration. The thing you don’t see is you are doing the stuff that is not part of your set . You are hung up more on how long it should take then the part that everything is pretty much empty and it gonna go quick . We finished skin care and hair are as well with only 3 people . I’m sorry but if you gonna get hold accountable is for not setting per the hours that hq . Do I think they are accurate of course not . Will I hold my team accountable for it if not done yes why ? Well they don’t have to take care of the clearance or ticketing of backstocking because none of it it’s part of the hour included in the set. I’ve walked with the etl and the Tl and told them a month in advance what the pog includes in the hours , and anything else is on them to figure it out .

Mask and bath table was 25.7 hours t that was the biggest pog this year .

Ok, but that's how long Target think it will take based on their computer generated formula which experience presentation TM know can be total BS. Is it really 25 hours to set those, no. We did it in 6 hours. We're talking about actual hours it take to set. Bath table and mask combined is no way near as big as nail care. Sometimes they give us way more hours than needed, sometimes a lot less.

But it’s not 20 hours is it? Look at your workload .

Read again, I said every year it's been 20 hours. It was originally 20 hours this year as well but they recently changed it to 8.1 hours. Not 6 like you say.

Ok, but that's how long Target think it will take based on their computer generated formula which experience presentation TM know can be total BS. Is it really 25 hours to set those, no. We did it in 6 hours. We're talking about actual hours it take to set. Bath table and mask combined is no way near as big as nail care. Sometimes they give us way more hours than needed, sometimes a lot less.

Read again, I said every year it's been 20 hours. It was originally 20 hours this year as well but they recently changed it to 8.1 hours. Not 6 like you say.
Again I hear you I know what you are saying but all that target does is holding people accountable on what it says on the reports correct ? My team consist of 3 Plano team members who’s done this for 20 years . Most of the pogs like nail care is like second nature and they can fly thru it . Obviously I’ll set them up for success by having their labels , cleaning tools and signing ready the day before . In fact I even tell the beauty Tl that they need to start cleaning for them .

Nothing piss me off more than an ETL who thinks POG set hours are 100% accurate
Is not about etl who thinks that . It’s hq which sd holds the etl accountable for it which the etls needs to hold the team never accountable . I started nyx and covergirl which means I’m working ahead right . I do the plan work for Plano therefore two of them sets the third one pulls , signing and backstock a for them . It’s all about how things gets planned out as well and that falls on the etl . If he/she has any Plano experience would know how to strategize .

Nailcare should easily be done in 8hrs. I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is emptying off the entire POG. Or any of them in cosmetics for that matter. Easiest way to set. Scan all the shelf signs and write the location on the back. Organize them by section and put each section in order from first shelf on bottom to highest on the top. Then you look at the signs and match them to the ones already out and begin shuffling. While things on the shelf may move to make room for new colors they don’t change that much. As for cleaning. A can of spray air works wonders and basic cleaner and new clings for the front lips. This is how I’ve always set cosmetics and it never takes as long as they say. Those who empty everything? It takes forever

Set hours do not include pulling and backstocking. That was stated in the Monthly Planner. They say to schedule 1 or 2 TMs just to do that.

The set hours don't matter. At my store they'd just expect the DBOs to get it all done in their normal shifts while keeiping up with freight. When that inevitably doesn't work leadership would rush through it half-assed at the last minute.

Is it not that way everywhere?
That's how it is at my store. My SD just says to work ahead and "use my resources" well son when we have a bare bones team, 4837472 covid cases and I'm running a truck everyday, you can only do so much.

Every store has different footage. One store could have a 24 foot run and another could have a 16 foot run. One pog may only be 6 hours.
don’t argue over stupid shit. Lol

Amending . No pulling , backstockkng or demerching, ticketing clearance . No longer in the workload for Plano experts .

Back